3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

Doruna

Jul 3, 2018
I don't take your comment as being unfair at all. Different people like different things and not everyone is going to like the choices I made with this game.

I will say, though, you if you stick with it through later chapters, you might find that a more nuanced take on these issues is developed. I want to avoid spoilers, but there's a reason I went with that particular scenario in the first chapter.
I'm definitely interested in sticking around, as the setting overall and the characters seem promising to me. And of course I don't want to judge a whole project by the 1 chapter alone. I guess I have had previous "bad" experiences of games that makes the MC be blackmailed by every guy in the game to do stuff that later on the MC could've done voluntarily with appropriate levels of corruption. :sneaky:

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I want to add, to not appear unfair, that I of course understand that blackmailing and cheating etc. are just some peoples thing, and not hating on that. And no developer has to try to please everyone or anyone, but just from my subjective point of view, I wish so much that these female protagonist-games would have possibilities for "consented" corruption routes :)
Consent in 2019.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Well... I guess Dimitri and Eric are good friends by now. Otherwise, how could Eric know Christine's login data (when Eric is the one who did this)?

And what is this thing with the dress code? I mean they are hinting, that you should dress sexier as a woman. In my eyes, this is a dress code.^^

And the blackmailing part from Dimitri... I really hope this will not backfire on her. Like Dimitri didn't deleted the traces on the server, or Eric has a copy about those traces, so he can blackmail her too.

We will see. For now, the story is quite good. Thank you and keep it up. (y)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Law graduate that manages to end up in dumb situations ..... I'm thinking that graduation certificate came in a packet of Cornflakes.

Not my kind of thing, Katies Corruption was one of the most ridiculous things i've ever attempted to read. I found it genuinely painful. I wanted to make certain choices all the while the game is saying "no, honey, we'll have no common sense here you just follow pitiful path into cumdump alley and stop trying to make logical choices".

Always get excited when I see a female protag game and then it kicks me in the vagina and laughs at my pain.

Good luck though, I know KC had a few fans disappointed when it was abandoned so anything inspired by that will be a hit with them.

For me though, i'd rather pierce my own nipples with a nail gun then soak them in a mixture of salt and vinegar than attempt to try and wrap my head around the life of a human cock holster.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
For me though, i'd rather pierce my own nipples with a nail gun then soak them in a mixture of salt and vinegar than attempt to try and wrap my head around the life of a human cock holster.
Fair enough. As I mentioned earlier in response to a different comment, you might want to try again in a few chapters, as the story become more complex. Certainly, it's more complex than KC. But if you don't, that's fine too. :)

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Wish the blackmail tag was in there earlier. I would have avoided this game entirely rather than hitting the "you're fired" scene and returning here for answers. Required blackmail scenes are always trash and have never resulted in a good story. I will not be returning.

Edit: You know what? No. There is a lot more that needs critique here.

1. Forced Blackmail scenes take away player agency in the worst of ways. Blackmail is one of those things that is rarely done well, because blackmail in itself normally requires someone being able to take advantage of the player's mistake. Forced blackmail requires a 'mistake' or sudden idiocy be thrust onto the player for the sake of plot, and when the character makes a fuck up that the player would easily be able to avoid, that is bad storytelling. You have immediately given a character power over the player, and in a terrible way.

This is your first foot in the door, and you have established that the player has no control. Throwing a bad end, "do this or else", choice into the first chapter is a very bad move. We don't know what you have planned. All we have to go on is what you've shown us, and this does not appear to be a good game in the making.

2. The fake out. You might not have intended it, but you screwed yourself over with this scenario. You made it appear as though the player would have a chance to avoid blackmail. Blackmail getting involved was obvious from when the theft was first suggested, and the choices that come after appear as though we should have some way of keeping it from happening.

You set up an actually interesting scenario for the player:
- Do I use this to get ahead in my field, but open myself up to possible blackmail?
- Or do I report this and accept the results of my work?
- Who should I report this too? Who all could be in on it?
Turns out, you get punished for not using it by not getting the advantage that comes with the information and still getting blackmailed because of it. And the guy that was "in on it" was some rando that hadn't been introduced yet but cannot be avoided. Way to ruin the fun.

3. The idiocy. What kind of retard is the boss? Why the hell would she report herself directly to him and still not actually use the stolen information? Why in the world could he not fathom the idea of someone using someone else's log-in information to do something illegal? Why did he think she did it? For the lulz? You turned an actually interesting and interactive scenario into a railroded experience that NEEDS everyone involved to be practically brain dead. We know he isn't in on it, cause he just fires us rather than trying to use his leverage as a boss with blackmail material against the player to make her do what he wants. This means the boss is just really fucking stupid.

4. Change your summary of the game. It is inaccurate. The way you describe it sounds like we would have the choice of playing it as a professional that keeps pleasure out of business or using dirty tactics and feminine wiles to try and get an advantage in the MC's field of work. That is not what is being displayed here. This is generic blackmail office corruption. Some people are into that, but you aren't going to attract the right audience with that summary.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I'm not into blackmailing either. Maybe you can avoid those situations in the future somehow. If not, then this game is not for me.
Some people like it, some others not.

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I like female protagonist games but this one doesn't seem great.

I don't know, you force to "Agree" on the first blackmail choice even though you offer a "Refuse" (as a bad end).
A bad end. In chapter one. Seriously, this is just stupid.

Also this whole zooming especially in the blackmail scene... WHY?
It's so horrible.

Forced Boyfriend & Ex Boyfriend story as well. Especially the "Boyfriend" that can do nothing, not even get a loan himself. On the bad end he just leaves you after finding out what happened. Instead of showing love & support, wtf?

This is just trash so far. Sorry.

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
I'm writing this as a separate reply, as I feel it should be considered separate from the larger critique I've made.

Your biggest issues are definitely the summary and the initial lack of a blackmail tag. Normally, I'd actually appreciate a way to just say no and end the game. Having the way out, even as an ending, can give the player some feeling of agency even when there is little to none to be had. What hurts this though, is the misunderstanding. At no point did any of us have any reason to assume this game would not only have but revolve around blackmail content.

For an example of a game that did something similar, but did it well: https://f95zone.to/threads/seitenkan-the-sex-change-you-can-cum-inside-me-dieselmine.4545/
The game makes it clear exactly what you are in for from the very beginning. It has a lot of choices that lead to endings, but most of the endings are actually good ends and very cathartic for the player, mostly involving the MC lashing out and stabbing their tormentor to death then getting off scot-free because they were being abused. If the only choices were obey the jackass or bad ends, this would only serve to frustrate the player. Every step of the way, you can stop what is going on, which makes pushing forward into depravity the player's choice. Again though, we know exactly what we are getting into with a summary like the other game offers. At no point did the player have any reason to assume Descent was going to revolve around blackmail, and that makes it a curve-ball to the face with no warning.
Hence the backlash this has received.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Neralyst

Oct 27, 2018
Is the scene with Dmitri at the end avoidable? I tried several combinations of prior choices, but it always led to bad ends when I chose "refuse".

It is not. As the game progresses, you get more options to "refuse", or whatever, but there's no choice on that one if you want to keep going.
So no avoidable bad end essentially. Well thanks for letting me know to avoid the game

Reactions: cakeny
3.30 star(s) 65 Votes