3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
A bit of "Katie's Corruption" or it's just me?
Anyway.. looks nice!
As soon as I saw this, I thought the same thing.
The style of renders is remarkably similar and what with the 'slut/corruption meter' or whatever it is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is 3Diddly himself, back again under another name.
Of course, I wouldn't expect the guy to admit it. Why would he?

Reactions: dbp5ca and fbass

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not going to do a formal review of a 0.2 game because that's not fair to the author or audience, but I will say that I generally liked the game. The renders are decent, the story is good, so far, and the writing is well above-average (dialogue sounds like people are actually talking in the real world, not the stilted gamespeak so many authors seem to prefer). As is proper, we still don't know much about the characters and what they will react positively or negatively to, but they seem nice and distinct from one another, not the typical "make a character out of a premade model" modelling we see quite often.

Not all of the story made a lot of sense; the ex-boyfriend is blackmailing the victim to keep quiet? The MC's computer account doesn't have a password? The boss wants a brand-new intern to come up with a risky new legal strategy for an important account all by herself? The MC gives in to the most feeble blackmail there is? The MC is interning in a law firm whose threshold she has never crossed (and she doesn't know enough to check in advance how they want her to dress)?

The plot question marks don't really take away from the game, though, and I was pleased that most of the decisions didn't have black-and-white answers. Over all, this is a pretty good start and I look forward to the further installments. It's not good enough to make me drop one of my other patreon clients to support this author, but I could see it getting there.

Reactions: greenp

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Played this some after reading the description and then met the generically named Eric whose name was quickly changed to dickless wonder as that name is so unoriginal now that whenever I see that name spammed in these games it gets changed to something else. I played it my way and she got fired for me that was a win and not a bad end and after playing this I can see that it's just going to be another generically rigged forced female protagonist type game where you have to do this or lose.

I'm surprised they just didn't tell her that she needs to dress like a whore always saying this outfit or that doesn't look good and to me none of the outfits looked bad.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
This style of art, where a foreground render is pasted onto a background, is so dated and uninspiring, imo.
And the few fully-rendered images that there are, need 'cooking' for a lot longer. They look rough, to say the least.

Reactions: dosenspezi

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Man, you guys sure pile it on dont you..jesus, did he commit a crime against humanity or something?
Give the guy a break, first chapter of his first game, and you roast him to bits.

Reactions: Pharan

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
"Ok, after reading a bit i'm gonna give it a the download time it is warented and come up with my own veiws." ;)

Edit -- Alot of reading, but its just an opening to make you feel a connection with the MC ;) Just glad they have a change of cloths from day to day ...

Question - how come it always lands on there face and not on there shirt? lol

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Man, you guys sure pile it on dont you..jesus, did he commit a crime against humanity or something?
Give the guy a break, first chapter of his first game, and you roast him to bits.
Would you rather the criticism come pouring in late into the game's development or long after it died from lack of attention?

People have grievances with the game that has been presented, myself included. However, do you think I would list in detail exactly why I dislike what I do and how it could have been better if I did not care for the game at all? The game started off strong and truly got me interested in where it was going, but that one single scene could kill this game before it even gets started. I'm completely serious. Chapter One is arguably the most important one to get right. It is the developers first foot forward and needs to catch the audience's attention and interest. It almost succeeded, but crashed and burned at the very end with a painfully generic and contrived scene that does not match the rest of the game's quality in the slightest.

Not only that, but the fact that the only choice is between following along with a horribly contrived blackmail scene or a bad end does not set a good tone for the rest of the game. This is the first major choice presented to the player character that will have immediate and obvious effects. This is the proverbial First Impression. It sets the bar for everything that comes after and shows the player what to expect from the game, and it is setting that bar unappealingly low.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
This style of art, where a foreground render is pasted onto a background, is so dated and uninspiring, imo.
And the few fully-rendered images that there are, need 'cooking' for a lot longer. They look rough, to say the least.
Well, I disagree with that opinion.

First, I thought that the general quality of what was rendered is fine.

Next, the focus of the game is to interact with many other characters, so I expect the game to be dynamic, perhaps even with some animations here and there to display emotions : eyes, face, hands, posture, etc. Some foreground renders (of the characters) would make perfect sense in that perspective.

Fully rendering everything would make the game more static, not to mention cost and time prohibitive. I'd rather the author release new content in timely fashion than creating yet another never-finished pseudo-kinetic VN with the same copy/paste DAZ characters. F95 is full of those buggy, bloated, uninspired slide-shows, so if that's what someone is looking for they shouldn't have any issues finding something that fits.

Releasing a game in 75 Mo is a commendable feat nowadays, to the credit of the author.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Looks at title

Yeah I think this is going to be a game about corruption.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
As soon as I saw this, I thought the same thing.
The style of renders is remarkably similar and what with the 'slut/corruption meter' or whatever it is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is 3Diddly himself, back again under another name.
Of course, I wouldn't expect the guy to admit it. Why would he?
LOL. No, I'm not 3Diddly. And, if I was, why would I hide it? Odd suspicion.

Some elements of the visual style of the game are inspired by KC though.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I know what you mean. I was learning DAZ as I went along and my poor computer could only do so much. However, I do think the renders got better as I went along and, IMO, you should see an improvement as the game progresses.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Not only that, but the fact that the only choice is between following along with a horribly contrived blackmail scene or a bad end does not set a good tone for the rest of the game. This is the first major choice presented to the player character that will have immediate and obvious effects. This is the proverbial First Impression. It sets the bar for everything that comes after and shows the player what to expect from the game, and it is setting that bar unappealingly low.
I don't mind criticism and don't take it personally. IMO, once the controversial scene is put in context of the entire story, it will not loom quite so large as an issue. As the game progresses, it does (IMO) become a lot more nuanced and the MC is given a lot more options. Of course, if one simply won't play games with blackmail elements in them, then this is not the game for you, as there are branches and themes in this game which involve that element. It is not necessarily central to the game, depending on how you play it, but they are there.

I do disagree that the blackmail scene is the "first major choice presented to the player character", though. I also disagree that the "refuse" ending is a "bad end". Depending on choices made earlier in the game, there are different endings, one of which is quite good for the MC.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Well, I disagree with that opinion.

Next, the focus of the game is to interact with many other characters, so I expect the game to be dynamic, perhaps even with some animations here and there to display emotions : eyes, face, hands, posture, etc. Some foreground renders (of the characters) would make perfect sense in that perspective.

Releasing a game in 75 Mo is a commendable feat nowadays, to the credit of the author.
While I tried to make the game dynamic through various techniques, such as camera movement, there is no animation. Sadly, my computer would have exploded if I'd tried something like that.

On timing, I expect to release a chapter a week or so (barring any problems). There are eight chapters, so the game should be fully posted in a couple of months.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
The plot question marks don't really take away from the game, though, and I was pleased that most of the decisions didn't have black-and-white answers. Over all, this is a pretty good start and I look forward to the further installments. It's not good enough to make me drop one of my other patreon clients to support this author, but I could see it getting there.
Thank you for the comment about patronage, but it's not necessary. I don't have a patreon page and I'm not charging money for the game. I'm posting it for free. So, no need to drop support for any other clients.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Hey @Ryder77 I'm just at the beginning and finished reading the "concept" of the game. First of all, I really like it: I love semi-realistic setups with a moral meter; second: from the intro screen I can already tell I like how you designed the MC.
Will give you some more feedback later, bye ;)

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Hey @Ryder77 I'm just at the beginning and finished reading the "concept" of the game. First of all, I really like it: I love semi-realistic setups with a moral meter; second: from the intro screen I can already tell I like how you designed the MC.
Will give you some more feedback later, bye ;)
Thanks. I hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: Mwanted

Ashburn

Jun 19, 2018
I like it. The premise isn't terribly contrived, i can imagine even smart people doing stupid mistakes when ambition and pressure take control.
The renders of the characters are good and aren't making my skin crawl, which is already an accomplishment compared to some other games. And i' perfectly fine with "simple" backgrounds if it speeds up development progress.

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
Seems to be very promising. I like the game and the idea and hope for a next version soon. Is there a patreon page already?

3.30 star(s) 65 Votes