3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
okay so i decided to try this game after seeing all the comments in here and i gotta say that the whole ''its either my way or game over'' is really messed up.. not giving choices to the player so early on in the game is like shooting yourself in the foot..better make it a kinect visual novel and be done with it. choices either bad or good(but lets you continue the game) is how you get people to play your game and support you. the game has a decent story,renders are okay,has great potential but if i were you i would rewrite that whole scene if you want your game to succeed and get more players to try it..if you keep forcing your fetishes onto players without giving us a chance to turn it down( and continue the game) i honestly dont know how you can attract more players by doing that

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Thank you for your comments.

okay so i decided to try this game after seeing all the comments in here and i gotta say that the whole ''its either my way or game over'' is really messed up.. not giving choices to the player so early on in the game is like shooting yourself in the foot..better make it a kinect visual novel and be done with it. choices either bad or good(but lets you continue the game) is how you get people to play your game and support you.
IMO, the MC does have a choice. One choice leads to her not continuing with the firm. Depending on earlier choices (and there are significant earlier choices), that ending can be good, bad or so-so for her.

On the kinetic novel point, I see the game as a cross between a kinetic novel and a game. I say so in the introduction.

I'm not sure what you mean by "support you", though. I'm not asking for money. If people try the game and enjoy it, great. If they try it and hate it, that's fine too.

the game has a decent story,renders are okay,has great potential but if i were you i would rewrite that whole scene if you want your game to succeed and get more players to try it..if you keep forcing your fetishes onto players without giving us a chance to turn it down( and continue the game) i honestly dont know how you can attract more players by doing that
The difficulty with rewriting that scene is that if that event does not occur, or something very much like it, there are numerous subsequent events which cannot occur. In these games, every time the MC is offered a major choice, and the game continues, the game has to accommodate the branching. Maybe Eva Kiss can handle an infinite number of branches, but I can't.

Having said that, I am going to take a look at reworking the scene a bit to see if I can find a middle ground, which meets the stories' needs, but which isn't quite so offputting.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Like the game as is, dont change it to much. just hope there is a choice if there is a lesbian scene and not forced.
The model for Christine fits perfectly

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Very good update!
I love esp. the connection between C and Eve, lesbian lewdness incoming! :love:

...and thanks for realistic (small) boobs! (y)

jumm

May 16, 2017
wow. It's more entertaining than expected.
I can't wait to next chap3.
You know what people excited about. (y)(y)
you are excellent dev. :love:

more want to see the Christine's corruption.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Huh. There is a lot of potential in this game, but I don't think it is there yet.
I mean, I like a lot of games/stories with a female protagonist that gets corrupted, exploited, and such. There's just something about this one that isn't doing it for me. I think it is a structural problem rather than a story problem. It's a visual novel in the sense that the player choices don't matter except when the player choice gets you fired.

Although, when it turned out that she never changed the default password, I suddenly felt like she didn't deserve that job. I guess that might be part of the point of the game - the protagonist isn't good enough to deserve being at that law firm, so she'll have to compromise her ethics to stick around.

Reactions: Joe Steel

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Huh. There is a lot of potential in this game, but I don't think it is there yet.
I mean, I like a lot of games/stories with a female protagonist that gets corrupted, exploited, and such. There's just something about this one that isn't doing it for me. I think it is a structural problem rather than a story problem. It's a visual novel in the sense that the player choices don't matter except when the player choice gets you fired.
Thanks for the comments.

I do disagree that the players choices don't matter. Sometimes, the effect is not readily apparent, but they do matter.

Although, when it turned out that she never changed the default password, I suddenly felt like she didn't deserve that job. I guess that might be part of the point of the game - the protagonist isn't good enough to deserve being at that law firm, so she'll have to compromise her ethics to stick around.
Heh... then I guess I don't deserve my job, 'cause I've done just that before. ;)

Reactions: L7Bear

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The IT guy would be so fired so fast in a law firm if he didn't force the user to enter a new password the very first time they logged into their account. Law firms and lawyers care a lot about confidentiality (as in fined and disbarred if they breach it) so computer security is going to be right at the top of the list.

Much as I like the dialogue and some of the characters, I just couldn't finish this version. Suspension of disbelief is essential to enjoyable gaming and this game just came at me with too many unbelievable plot elements. Woman lawyer knows the intern is working on a difficult case essential to their mutual boss , and so loads her up with work so she can't complete the boss's job? IT guys knows details of the cases lawyers are working on? Niece goes all weirdo blackmailing stalker after a single meeting? Main character gets blackout drunk but still can function fairly normally (dance, etc)? It's all too much. One of these would be a stretch. All of them together just screams careless plotting.

I wish the author well. I think he has talent, and I appreciate that he is doing this for fun and not for profit. I just think that this game is going down the exact same path as the game "Lawyer" by dispensing with plot and logic in order to get to the results. Not my thing. I might check back after three or so more updates to see what's become if this (and I encourage the author to continue, because he does have an audience - just not me) and hope for good things.

Reactions: AWolfe and HorizonD

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I wish the author well. I think he has talent, and I appreciate that he is doing this for fun and not for profit. I just think that this game is going down the exact same path as the game "Lawyer" by dispensing with plot and logic in order to get to the results. Not my thing. I might check back after three or so more updates to see what's become if this (and I encourage the author to continue, because he does have an audience - just not me) and hope for good things.
Not sure I agree with your rather questionable assessment that I have "talent", but I appreciate you giving it a try and giving me your comments.

May 4, 2017
So tried this game and it screams 3Diddly or whatever his name was. It is Katie's corruption with different characters. Are you him or were you inspired by him? Either way I did not enjoy that kind of story telling back then and I still don't. Will try it again when it's at v1.0 or something(if it gets to that point) and if there's a change in the story telling I will support the dev then.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
So tried this game and it screams 3Diddly or whatever his name was. It is Katie's corruption with different characters. Are you him or were you inspired by him? Either way I did not enjoy that kind of story telling back then and I still don't. Will try it again when it's at v1.0 or something(if it gets to that point) and if there's a change in the story telling I will support the dev then.
I'm not 3D, but KC was definitely one of the inspirations. Thanks for giving it a try. I figure it'll all be posted in the next six weeks or so, if you want to give it a try then.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I'm not 3D, but KC was definitely one of the inspirations. Thanks for giving it a try. I figure it'll all be posted in the next six weeks or so, if you want to give it a try then.
Frankly this is much better than KC. It is true that there is not a lot of player agency at the moment, but presumably that will increase as the game continues. With the monthy review mechanic I imagine passing-well/scraping-past/failing the review could have consequences, and require a certian number of job points for each. This would allow the MC to refuse some unethical choices while still scraping past the review and continuing.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Frankly this is much better than KC. It is true that there is not a lot of player agency at the moment, but presumably that will increase as the game continues. With the monthy review mechanic I imagine passing-well/scraping-past/failing the review could have consequences, and require a certian number of job points for each. This would allow the MC to refuse some unethical choices while still scraping past the review and continuing.
Thank you. And, yes, player agency, along with the overall complexity of the game, does increase as the game progresses.

3.30 star(s) 65 Votes