TurkeyDinosaur

Jan 9, 2020
I'm stuck with "Her Majesty" wait for her new task, it's been quite a few days and nothing has changed? Also, on "Till death do us part" I can't show the map to Shani I can only workout with her and nothing else... what am I missing?
Everything else is showing as done (well, to be continued).

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
I'm stuck with "Her Majesty" wait for her new task, it's been quite a few days and nothing has changed? Also, on "Till death do us part" I can't show the map to Shani I can only workout with her and nothing else... what am I missing?
Me 2.... Not sure what to do

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
You are probably missing the patch

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Downloaded the latest version yesterday and tried the patch too and no difference. Unless I need to start a new game for the patch to work?
Im not sure about that but I started again after the patch and everything works fine for me

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Me 2.... Not sure what to do
You have reached the end of the content so far for those 2. They were missing appropriate ending markers, which were added in the patch but do not have retroactive effect. When the story actually continues in-game you should have updated entries in the Quest Log.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
You have reached the end of the content so far for those 2. They were missing appropriate ending markers, which were added in the patch but do not have retroactive effect. When the story actually continues in-game you should have updated entries in the Quest Log.
Thank you

Reactions: Cynicaladm and Paz

laeg15

May 24, 2021

Dev update 06.06.2021 + Announcement

View attachment 1232777

Part 1: Announcement

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a nice Sunday.

I am taking this opportunity to make an announcement with regards to general development before we go to the usual dev update.

The support for this project has been climbing steadily over the past updates, and I am very thankful for that. Over time I have come to the realization that I lack one very important resource if I want to remain consistent in both pacing and quality of the work, which is an adequate work/life balance.

The way it is now, it's more work/work juggling, than any semblance of balance. A 40h a week job makes it nearly impossible to not be seriously stressed out by the time a scheduled release date comes around. The simple time constraints limit my ability to experiment and improve on the things I would really like to try to do for the game.

0.05 has been the biggest update yet and has shown me this: if not for the help received by Paz, who almost singlehandedly reworked the entire UI of the game, and Cynical, who helped with script reading, playtesting and plot development advice, (not to mention the kind help of several of you who assisted with further editing), this release would have taken a non insignificant number of weeks longer to develop than it took.

Two concurrent solutions to these problems present themselves:

1) Hardware: I will start looking for a new, dedicated PC, to increase rendering efficiency and capacity. Your support has reached a level where allocating the money for it has become possible.

2) I have set myself a target for the end of this year, that target being switching my day job to a 20 hours part-time commitment in order to free more time for game development and production. For this to become a realistic plan, I hope that Desert Stalker will become a project that is financially viable, capable of standing on it's own legs, generating enough revenue to take care of both my fixed expenses (basic rent and such) and allow for further investment in the tools necessary to continuously improve the quality of the game.

I will still care for the project either way, but reaching that ambitious target would certainly improve matters for the game and how I approach it.

Turning this hobby into something more is both more exciting and challenging than my current day job, so I'm really stoked to give it a try. There is however no realistic way to know for how long the project will be able to captivate your interest and that of new players and supporters, so this decision must be made with caution in mind, which is why I will take this long a time to make it.

This is not a call for more support and I am not making any requests. I'm just being up front with the thoughts that come with developing the game and making it the best it can become in a sustainable way.

To help me make that decision and to be fully transparent with you about the actual numbers involved, I will make my DS related earnings public, at least until the end of the year.

Thank you for reading!

Part 2: Dev update

We are starting off development 0.06 in a different direction this time. The last release was focused outwards, developing the factions and setting the stage for the main story to both progress and allow the context to generate side quests.

This time we will be looking inwards, focusing on the home front, generating repeatable situations and meaningful conversations at home. This will provide some character development and expand on the relationship between characters. Some of the side quests that are part of establishing the general setting will possibly also feature in the next release. We plan for a shorter release schedule this time.

Lastly, a big thank you again for the interest and support for this game. Have a great Sunday, and until next week. ;)

Progress:
Home interactions: 5%
Scene A: 0%
Scene B: 0%
Scene C: 0%
Scene D: 0%
(...)
thx there, could u PM me when update will come to be anounced for patrons?

dont want stalk chanel all time at the end of the month...:)

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019
Does anyone know if the shirtless girl on Zetan's patreon page has already appeared in the game (the one with the half-mask and goggles)?
Played the game two times and didn't find her, so my guess is no, but it never hurts to ask.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
S "I will see to it the next time I'm in town, *[Z]."

* shouldn't be [dad] here?
1623157024683.png

Does anyone know if the shirtless girl on Zetan's patreon page has already appeared in the game (the one with the half-mask and goggles)?
Played the game two times and didn't find her, so my guess is no, but it never hurts to ask.
She was very briefly seen, but not in any proper capacity yet.

Reactions: Catherine♡

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
God damn this game is actually good, i can see he puts a lot of effort into it.
Anyways, i finished the game and i remember downloading the patch without knowing what does it even do, is it for the quests or something?

Reactions: dsnow
4.80 star(s) 571 Votes