silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Any way to get the old version? I'd like to see this old model of Ain everyone is talking about.
does someone have the 0.2 file with the younger version of ain?
If you Google Desert Stalker 0.02, some other sites still have the older version at least listed (I didn't download to see what you actually get). If you look at the preview pics listed here, I think they still have the old version (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Reactions: grgrgr5

dsnow

Mar 30, 2018
I am also sad about new Ain, and I'm not at all a Loli guy. The render on the front page with her looking up at MC while he grabs her boob is one of the hottest pictures on this whole site, and the new version of that scene is just.... whatever. I think it's mostly the eyes; new version seems to have bags, and they aren't as large. New version's lips are also kind of duckface, withe the bigger bottom lip? I dunno. I don't care about the apparent age, but I liked the softer, sweeter vibe the old version gave off; was different from most female characters in a good way. Maybe the dev can tweak again and find a happy medium given more time, but as long as he's safe from the law, I'll keep playing. Definitely keeping my copy of .02 around though...

Snowpeak

Oct 31, 2019
Did you really just hit me with the " try reading what i posted ", When YOU didn't understand what I said?
Paprika said:
Censor people long enough and they'll start censoring themselves.
New normal achieved.

My Reply
Devs seem to like throwing out the "censorship because of the law" reasons when we all know the real reason is trying to hold on to them $$$ from a certain site, so never mind the story you originaly intended, keep to the rules and keep that sub money flowing :)

Haikuru said:
I think he didn't even check the game out, The censorship is for gore, Not for 18+ Content, Hahaha.

Ok I am genuinely perplexed here because I fail to see where I have mentioned any particular "type" of censorship or any specific part .

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Well, played it. Changes to youngest daughter were pretty negligble, so she is still cazy hot, as is the wife. Two of my favourite ever female chars there, in terms of hotness. Mad Max vibe still happening. I dig this a lot, still. People who are complaining about the changes: c'mon. Give me a break. Dev has continously listened and taken things aboard without losing track of his vision. Stop whining.

Snowpeak

Oct 31, 2019
I know it may sound like that, but I created a subscribestar account to have an alternative to patreon. Patreon did not message me once since the game started. It really is about the concerns for local laws, and since there's a lot of content planned for the game, I don't want to get the wrong kind of attention because of one of its characters. I know the decision sucks for some, but I was being honest when I said why I made it

I've made some slight adjustments to her figure since the pre release which will be in the next patch and future releases however, so you might best wait for the public release (now) this sunday
Thanks for the reply, I have seen so many pieces of work having to be changed toned down or outright removed due to the shifting demands of Patreon it has left with me a cynical view lol but hey for all I know you could live in place where the authorities are banging down the door if you watch a violent movie on Netflix and you absolutely deserve to feel safe and be rewarded for the effort you put into your work :)

Zheromer

Jun 6, 2018
Is this game atm very short, or is it just that i cant find anything to do after ive done the midnight event quest?

Reactions: Max1276

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Well, played it. Changes to youngest daughter were pretty negligble, so she is still cazy hot, as is the wife. Two of my favourite ever female chars there, in terms of hotness. Mad Max vibe still happening. I dig this a lot, still. People who are complaining about the changes: c'mon. Give me a break. Dev has continously listened and taken things aboard without losing track of his vision. Stop whining.
I don't whine but I liked that she looked underage but not too much, and with a mature body. And it's a bit late to realize the law problem, why not from the start ? But the dev do what he wants, just giving a feedback

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
if there will be new release before publick please let me know in PM... this could be shared days before....

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
yes.. it was called an early release and was intended to give the tier 2 patrons a preview, and you know this because you removed the lines from the patreon post where we ask people kindly to wait a little before spreading it around, before posting it on here.
As it is, there's still a fair bit of editing being done, and it would have been done in the 2 weeks before the public release. now however, we have had to make this the public release, with all its flaws... so.. thanks, I guess?

don't get me wrong, I understand the nature of this site.. it's precisely what makes people want to have a go at developing their own thing. That said, if we can't count on player's discretion, it does mean that the following updates will take longer to be released, because knowing that they will be thrown to the public immediately, I will want to make sure that the editing is completed.. rather than put out content we aren't 100% happy with yet.

oh well.. I had to learn this lesson the hard way, I guess.

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
I'm going to go ahead and say it. If you think the difference between the two Ain models is negligible, you're blind. People pointing this out aren't "whining", they're just understandably disappointed. Seems strange to not have realized the implications of your original design if it was that serious of a law.

There's a completely different aura and sense of personality from the original Ain. If the author has law issues, understandable, but these random damage control comments trying to convince people that there's no real difference is just pointless. It is what it is. A complete downgrade. But, apparently a necessary one and that's fine. The main offender is the face. The softer features and adorable look of the original model was just better. The new one lacks the same personality and looks more vanilla. It's not that it's bad, it's just not as striking or unique. I think the "innocent" factor is what suffers the most. Of course, if this was necessary to keep OP out of jail, then obviously he made the right call. Hopefully he can strike a better balance in the future. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that a lot of the reason why people liked this game (aside from the unique setting) is literally because of how striking Ain was.

Honeyview_L3k5KaBpTS.png

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
yes.. it was called an early release and was intended to give the tier 2 patrons a preview, and you know this because you removed the lines from the patreon post where we ask people kindly to wait a little before spreading it around, before posting it on here.
As it is, there's still a fair bit of editing being done, and it would have been done in the 2 weeks before the public release. now however, we have had to make this the public release, with all its flaws... so.. thanks, I guess?

don't get me wrong, I understand the nature of this site.. it's precisely what makes people want to have a go at developing their own thing. That said, if we can't count on player's discretion, it does mean that the following updates will take longer to be released, because knowing that they will be thrown to the public immediately, I will want to make sure that the editing is completed.. rather than put out content we aren't 100% happy with yet.

oh well.. I had to learn this lesson the hard way, I guess.
here are these lines...

Here it is! This is the release for all patrons since the version has been leaked by a cheeky individual. The public release will (now) be one week later.

I will work on a patch that has some additional pictures and remastered text. But that's for sunday, this version should be stable and I hope you enjoy. If you got comments or criticism let me know on the discord. Cheers!

i just dind publish this cause it is not important... (not links and not changelog info)

btw u did good job.... with 0.1 prologue u had my support, unfortunately with 0.2 u lost it now i will be publishing this game for free to others.

edited: oh u changed that post :D

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
clearly missing the point, but whatever.
you do you and do whatever you have to do, mate.. whatever makes you feel happy, I guess.

Reactions: laeg

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
I agree that the original Ain was a bit cuter, but it doesn't really bother me. This is still a great game so far. Aside from Ain, I especially like the wife (Zhara I think).

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Pregnancy is not here yet. But mc's wife & slave talking about it. Why ??
because that's what people do when they have unprotected sex
I think he didn't even check the game out, The censorship is for gore, Not for 18+ Content, Hahaha.
that wasn't his point..Ain's character was revised from a graphic point of view to eliminate every concern the Dev had in terms of what the laws in his country could potentially do with regards to underage implications. The gore filter is for other aspects of the game that have more to do with personal preference of the players. Playing with the gore filter on will however always be a less complete experience than without.
Maybe YOU should check out all the patreon rules and see what can have your work removed and then you will see why people are bending over backwards to stay within the guidelines hahah right back at ya
Patreon concern was circumvented with the old disclaimers and naming the relationships yourself. This really had to do with the Dev not being comfortable even hinting at possible underage factor because of local laws (and yes, we are all aware that age of consent varies...but still. it was possibly and excess in caution, but if it makes him sleep better, I'm all for it).
Is this game atm very short, or is it just that i cant find anything to do after ive done the midnight event quest?
The game is still fairly short.
I don't whine but I liked that she looked underage but not too much, and with a mature body. And it's a bit late to realize the law problem, why not from the start ? But the dev do what he wants, just giving a feedback
The late realisation comes from the fact that neither of us has ever done this sort of things before, and that the Dev has spent so many hours on the renderings and other aspects of the game, that wondering about the local laws just came up later down the line.

Finally the "if you're going to disallow underage you might as well take out the rape" argument.

I get it.
I really do.
We're not going to, and here's why:
The underage thing is a big scare for multiple reasons, and it's also something that neither of us are comfortable with (that is, the extreme loli with early teens or even preteens..and yes, I know, this was not the case here).
I have actually argued against changing Ain, citing some of the same arguments (aesthetical) I have heard both here and privately. Since the Dev was still worried about it and would have had this nagging at him going forward, the decision has been made to change the looks.
Since this is still a work in progress and a learning experience for all parties involved, there's a possibility that she will be finetuned further, as we develop more content, and that some happy medium will be reached (happy for the Dev, which is my primary concern over the happiness of the players.. I know, counterintuitive, right?).
As for the forced sex content... we know we're riding along a similar line/grey area.
That said, this game takes place in very much a Mad Max/Fist of the North Star kind of world.. one where might makes right and once might is established, it helps every party involved accept the power balance.
Sex is a normalised and integral part of establishing rank and regulating social interactions.
Think of the Bonobo chimps that use sex pretty much in a similar way, to navigate uncertain social situations, to show affection, dominance, rank, grooming, friendship, education and sometimes just for fun.
It's a warrior society with limited resources and a somewhat liberated sexuality (we could/would just as easily tell this story without the sexy content, if the Dev hadn't taken the initiative from this forum but say, one dedicated to dystopia or sci fi).
We are also interested in exploring or at least representing the edgier side of sexuality (sexuality is not the same as sexual activity or act), in terms of bdsm and such, or at least characters who normalise that sort of thing. The raider girl explicitly states that she'd like a dominant guy to look up to (in what is a bit of probably hamfisted exposition, I agree, but it was a tricky message to convey in casual conversation anwyay).
Basically we will be coasting between the lines of CNC and RACK, for those who are familiar with those terms.

These are themes we've made integral part of how this society works and you could say that the normalisation thereof is, other than the novel setting, the distinctive trait of the game that has appealed to me and made me take an interest and participate in its development.
So removing them is not really an option, for me at least, and the subject is a much greyer area than it would be on the loli front, which allows us to explore.

Of course, we're well aware that in the real world the scene with the raider would be counted as rape by almost every external observer, given the context in which it occurred, but in universe precisely that context makes it so that it wasn't, and that's how we justify depicting it in the first place.
As a matter of fact, the depiction of "forced" situations will always be within the logic of social dynamics that reflect what I've tried to describe above, and the MC has his own moral code that will never condone straight up rape, but will still have to parse it with the world he lives in.
And the player will always have the possibility to opt out of making the MC perform sexual acts he doesn't think are acceptable from that point of view, by making a different choice.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 589 Votes