dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It is worth noting that if you're looking at Egypt in Cleopatra's/Ptolemaic Dynasty times, you're actually looking at very northern Greeks, because her entire lineage was Macedonian (tho there's apparently some argument on the Greek side as to whether or not Macedonians should be considered Greeks, despite the Greeks I knew reflexively claiming Alexander as their own: this was a major point of contention for some Greek friends of mine, in the past).
I don't care what we learn in school, Cleopatra was black :Kappa:

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
I wonder what line he will choose next with Lyra?
At this point, it's her choice, either way, though a lot more so with the scavenger route than the guard route

Scav Lirah has a lot of (MOSTLY REALLY BAD) choices still ahead of her, any number of which could end up with her gone from the game, brutalized into mind-break, or deciding that she wants to take the MC up on his offer to live with him.

Guard Lirah is basically reduced to just an embarrassed, but fully willing sex toy, now, with no real choices unless she makes some sort of move to break out of that tailspin: the Queen's not going to give her too many options in THAT regard.

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
I don't care what we learn in school, Cleopatra was black :Kappa:
The really sad thing is that Jada Pinkett Smith special actually dragged a friend of mine who's an egyptologist in there, but I don't think she realized what the overall special was about or she probably would have kept the hell away from it. She rabidly hates disinformation and would have avoided it like the plague had she known it was afrocentrist.

A number of times I've heard her say (in fact, insist) on pointing out that the Egyptian language seems more SEMITIC than anything else. It's quite notable.

BTW, tho not infallible, egyptologists are severely well-educated in their profession and around it. Egyptology's a profession that doesn't fuck around: there are no bachelor's degrees in Egyptology, no Masters degrees in Egyptology; you go hard or you just go home; PhD all the way or nothing. Until you've busted your ass and solidly learned what there is to be learned in your subfield and got your doctorate, you ain't nothing but a scrub.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
BTW, tho not infallible, egyptologists are severely well-educated in their profession and around it. Egyptology's a profession that doesn't fuck around: there are no bachelor's degrees in Egyptology, no Masters degrees in Egyptology; you go hard or you just go home; PhD all the way or nothing. Until you've busted your ass and solidly learned what there is to be learned in your subfield and got your doctorate, you ain't nothing but a scrub.
Yet many of them are happy to push a narrative they know to be untrue because it would severley discredit the region and everything they want you to believe.

Zahi Hawess anyone?

Reactions: xapican

starkj

May 17, 2022
It's pop-culture ancient Egypt. No real resemblance outside of superficial visual and name elements to the original.

It is worth noting that if you're looking at Egypt in Cleopatra's/Ptolemaic Dynasty times, you're actually looking at very northern Greeks, because her entire lineage was Macedonian (tho there's apparently some argument on the Greek side as to whether or not Macedonians should be considered Greeks, despite the Greeks I knew reflexively claiming Alexander as their own: this was a major point of contention for some Greek friends of mine, in the past).

For a certainty, unless you want to see everyone, men and women both, shaved of head and wearing wigs, you definitely don't want to go authentic ancient Egyptian. :rolleyes:
Yeah i know, i love history and watch a lot of videos on youtube from like Kings and Generals, History Marche etc.

Reactions: Ummmh

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Yet many of them are happy to push a narrative they know to be untrue because it would severley discredit the region and everything they want you to believe.

Zahi Hawess anyone?
That guy just can't keep his hands out of the pie, from what I've heard. He also seems to like blocking potentially useful research projects that are not particularly invasive and could forward really cool ideas.

Mind you, I've never been told anything directly, and I hadn't actually asked: I didn't want my friend to potentially get herself in trouble for ticking off the guy with all the leverage.

There's already enough flack, from what I understand, for her being female in a male-heavy field. Last I heard she already retired.

Reactions: Maviarab
4.80 star(s) 589 Votes