Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Life is a cycle, in post-apocalypse it would go back to what we have known in a previous era.
Even if life is a cycle, whatever that may mean, how does it follow that knowledge is also a cycle? To me it seems more tree-shaped with many different branches and forkings, but all of them growing roughly in the direction of the sun. :4Head:
I think you were more so talking about the saying that history repeats itself, but the idea behind a post-apocalypse is that the past got wiped out completely. To bring it back on topic, that's also why Stalkers raid old tombs and derelicts to bring back artefacts. Maybe one of them will dig out a legal code eventually.
Also, if i got the scene right, she's supposed to be freed after she, uhm... served her duty.
That's also how I got it and I think it's supposed to imply the queens moral authority. Like she can decide to humiliate you or blast you with napalm like she did the other kidnapper.

Reactions: Machete

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The mistake your making(as is the queen) is the belief that ruling with a iron fist(aka fear and not respect) is the only way. Queens can also rule where the people love her. Some criminals can be reformed and some are rotten to the core and cannot be reformed. The kidnapper if she repents of her ways can be a productive citizen of Zeta if given the chance. As of now she has yet to be self-aware that she has done anything wrong(I believe in discipline however to correct this wrong kind of thinking) and if you treat her like shit it's all she will know. Show her the better way.
This way of thinking may apply in a functional :)ROFLMAO:) modern democracy.

However Zeta is the only thing resembling some kind civilization for hundreds / thousand km's in any direction.

It has to deal with people who are absolutely desparate and willing and able to do anything. Therefore suitably harsh punishment is needed.

And while Zeta is somewhat organised and civilized, you cannot compare it with the level of organisation in any modern society. Indeed, Zeta functions like a medieval / ancient kingdom. And it seems fitting that punishments are also comparable.

P.S. also remember what happened with Roman emperors who, at some point, appeared weak...

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
But what about imaginary penal systems of the future?

I think the crux of the scene with the kidnapper (if I remember it correctly) is that she chose the free use punishment as a form of repentance. I can't remember the alternative and it might not have been much of an alternative, so the implication is still that she's forced to be of the streets. But the idea is that the queen can get creative with punishments, because she has the moral authority and she can decide things like that humiliation can shorten your sentence.
Idk if this has or needs a real life analogue, since we never had a post-apocalyptic society. We pretty much always stopped at the apocalyptic, but never got to the post-.
Post-apocalyptic world = lower technical development, fewer resources, worse crime detection statistics. The laws will definitely be strict, because during the apocalypse there is anarchy. People will settle for survival.
In antiquity, they tried to impose proportionate punishments. (An eye for an eye.) Minor crimes could be redeemed for money, in which case the victim was compensated. In the less civilised Middle Ages, punishments were harsher to act as a deterrent.
So, you might be right.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
It has a tag "female protagonist", can you actually play as a female character in the game?
The main character, the Desert Stalker the game is named after, is male. There are currently two segments of the game where you play as his daughter and apprentice (unless you chose not to, in which case you only hear about what she expierenced). But this is just a small part of the overall game.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
In the less civilised Middle Ages, punishments were harsher to act as a deterrent.
Not much of an expert of how middle ages worked around the world (pretty much any civilization has a classic era and a middle age era) but european middle age was a lot less dark and barbaric than historians from the 18th and 19th century wanted us to believe.

For once, murder wasn't really a crime through european middle age. Sure it was an highly undesired event authorities tried to prevent, but you weren't like jailed or hang for murder, usually. It was supposed to be a personal matter. If you killed someone his/her relatives received the right to avenge his/her death killing you. But since rarely a family or a circle accepted that killing one of the for revenge just made things even, this approach usually degenerated in a chain of murder that could last decades. That's how the word "Feud" came to be (which has nothing to do with the feudalism instituition, by the way).

Still medieval authorities weren't happy at all to have feud around at all. So they pushed a lot for the practice of the 'widrigild', the gold price. Basically if you killed someone you could go to the family of the victim and offer to settle the score by paying a compensation that was good enough to prove the value of the murdered person and the prestige of the family.

So, no creative corporal punishments here. It was more of a thing of classic eras.

Thieves though could get marked or mutilated (like the cut of a ear) if the were arrested multiple times. Stealing was a big deal back then.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Not much of an expert of how middle ages worked around the world (pretty much any civilization has a classic era and a middle age era) but european middle age was a lot less dark and barbaric than historians from the 18th and 19th century wanted us to believe.

For once, murder wasn't really a crime through european middle age. Sure it was an highly undesired event authorities tried to prevent, but you weren't like jailed or hang for murder, usually. It was supposed to be a personal matter. If you killed someone his/her relatives received the right to avenge his/her death killing you. But since rarely a family or a circle accepted that killing one of the for revenge just made things even, this approach usually degenerated in a chain of murder that could last decades. That's how the word "Feud" came to be (which has nothing to do with the feudalism instituition, by the way).

Still medieval authorities weren't happy at all to have feud around at all. So they pushed a lot for the practice of the 'widrigild', the gold price. Basically if you killed someone you could go to the family of the victim and offer to settle the score by paying a compensation that was good enough to prove the value of the murdered person and the prestige of the family.

So, no creative corporal punishments here. It was more of a thing of classic eras.

Thieves though could get marked or mutilated (like the cut of a ear) if the were arrested multiple times. Stealing was a big deal back then.
Both a scholar and a man of taste, going by your signatures.
Thanks for the lesson.

Reactions: Yngling and Machete

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018

Yes, and a pilgrimage exonerated me from murder. In antiquity, punishment was also entertainment, as I have already written (see the flight of the Icarus you mentioned.) In the Middle Ages, they wanted to save the soul, the meat just was considered a prison for the soul. (This is why torture was used more often before execution, so that the sinner would be cleansed by suffering.)
For the Romans, the Middle Ages were dark. From the barbarians, it was progress. ( Looking at the dictatorships of the twentieth century, it was almost humane.)
The world of the game is more like the ancient Egyptian civilisation. (In the externals.) From this I assumed that the kidnapper could get a double sentence. The crime against the community/queen is punished by public sex slavery. But she also sinned against the MC...

OFF: You are an educated man, I like that. (y)

irene96

Jan 8, 2020
The main character, the Desert Stalker the game is named after, is male. There are currently two segments of the game where you play as his daughter and apprentice (unless you chose not to, in which case you only hear about what she expierenced). But this is just a small part of the overall game.
Hey, thanks for clearing it out.

I'll try the game out for sure!

Reactions: Machete

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Happy sunday everyone. Aside from the events that play outside the city, we're going to continue Kateryna's story as well....
...and Ain is coming too, this time, in a special dress.

As you can see, the next update already has a handful of scenes planned. So far, we have three wasteland scenes and one city-focused scene. It will take some time to flesh out the update, much like 0.10, but there is a good variety of different characters in it.

1661711285788.png
Render progress:
Ivy's scene: 100%
Shani's mission pt.2: 0%
Kitty's scene: 0%
Kateryna's scene: 30%
(More to follow...)

Crazy4Oreos

Apr 14, 2020
Anything similar to this out there while we wait? I love world, the relationships, and the writing
Edit: preferably nsfw, I wouldn't play this if it weren't lol

peshhh

Aug 6, 2021
I like the game very much and i'd really like to see it being developed for years to come and at a nice pace as someone before me suggested! I have finished the game (in its current state) and i enjoyed it quite alot! The thing that kept me at the game until the end (besides the nicely modeled and animated sex scenes and girls hehe) is the atmosphere and the story and the way it is told. It is not like most other games where the talks with the girls are about say... how her grandmother raises chickens and cows in some far away village or how she was poor and mollested when she was young and maybe kicked out of home... lol also it's not just repeatedly fu**ing the same girls in order to raise their "level" or some other bs, every one of them has a real story and stuff. Good job DEV, keep up the good work! ^^

Reactions: Crazy4Oreos

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
So.. does anyone know what's the deal with Merneith?
Her role is confusing to me. She is the queen but doesn't seem to have any family nor a designated heir.
One of the most important things for a monarchy is to have a clear line of succession. If something were to happen to Merneith every stalker, guard captain and merchant with enough money to buy a handful of mercs would be gunning for that throne and Zeta would devour itself in civil war.
Also while she doesn't seem prudish she is for some reason extremely averse to the very idea of sex with Zaton which is very odd considering just how open Zeta is with regards to sex.
I wish we'd get some sort of explanation in the game.

My current theory and the only explanation I see for her character is that the monarch is actually voted for by the holy mothers and must be a child of Zeta. So the priestesses chose one of their own children and in order to prevent the monarch from creating a hereditary monarchy they are forbidden from having children. That would explain the queen's female harem but her aversion to male intercourse.

Last edited:

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
So.. does anyone know what's the deal with Merneith?
Her role is confusing to me. She is the queen but doesn't seem to have any family nor a designated heir.
One of the most important things for a monarchy is to have a clear line of succession. If something were to happen to Merneith every stalker, guard captain and merchant with enough money to buy a handful of mercs would be gunning for that throne and Zeta would devour itself in civil war.
Also while she doesn't seem prudish she is for some reason extremely averse to to the very idea of sex with Zaton which is very odd considering just how open Zeta is with regards to sex.
I wish we'd get some sort of explanation in the game.

My current theory and the only explanation I see for her character is that the monarch is actually voted for by the holy mothers and must be a child of Zeta. So the priestesses chose one of their own children and in order to prevent the monarch from creating a hereditary monarchy they are forbidden from having children. That would explain the queen's female harem but her aversion to male intercourse.
Well the logic is as she is an LI players won't like it if she is going around fucking random men so she has a female harem. Also the stalker tells that he knows about her father who was the previous king. So there is a royal family of which she is part of.
And about the heir it is obvious we are going to give her one

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes