JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Go on the Patreon page and download the game for free.
If you can't download but have to play online, I can't help you. Gamecore gives me the same issue, which is browser related, not caused by the game itself and is the same on most renpy games hosted by that site. Been like that for several updates. Also, animations don't work on online versions. That's is by design, to avoid breaking the game.
Most likely Hornycowboy89 doesn't know how to install game on Google Chromebook (if it is possible in the first place). I have very limited knowledge but zero experience with Chromebook as well so can't help. Hopefully others can provide alternative solutions in addition to what were already suggested. Cheers.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Maybe in the future, in the meantime you could use this like I do, works very well:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
I like that idea. i have been creating my own replacement textboxes for Desert Stalker and others for a while now if the games don't provide an opacity slider. Paint works well for the task. I just create a white box with the same dimensions as the one in game and save as transparency then replace the one in the GUI folder. Only takes a minute to do, but I hate it when a textbox obscures stunning visuals like the ones in DS. otherwise, I would be pressing "H" on each screen because every render in this game is a painting.
-I also have a snippet of ren'py code that I can use to replace/modify/enhance the text highlight so it shows up better when there is no textbox.

Would it be possible to add an opacity slider for the text box?
+1

While I can and do make the textbox adjustments myself, it would be so much nicer to have the option already in game.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I like that idea. i have been creating my own replacement textboxes for Desert Stalker and others for a while now if the games don't provide an opacity slider. Paint works well for the task. I just create a white box with the same dimensions as the one in game and save as transparency then replace the one in the GUI folder. Only takes a minute to do, but I hate it when a textbox obscures stunning visuals like the ones in DS. otherwise, I would be pressing "H" on each screen because every render in this game is a painting.
-I also have a snippet of ren'py code that I can use to replace/modify/enhance the text highlight so it shows up better when there is no textbox.

+1

While I can and do make the textbox adjustments myself, it would be so much nicer to have the option already in game.
Agreed I would have liked if every Renpy game offered the opacity slide box by default.
This patch made by Penfold Mole work as you said and I use it a lot for the same reason, I don't like when the text box cover too much of the scene, this also offer a very simplified and minimal commands so the screen is as free as possible and work almost with every games I played so far ( just two gave an issue, but I did the same thing like you and, imho, the game was way better). :)

Last edited:

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Would it be possible redo the saves so me and other people can delete our saves if there are to many of them? For example I have 2 saves and I want to delete one of them that is not at the end of the last update.
Would it be possible to add an opacity slider for the text box?
Both of those things were added to the dev build and will come in the next version, though not 100% sure yet if we'll release a 0.11c or wait for 0.12.

Hornycowboy89

Oct 15, 2022
Most likely Hornycowboy89 doesn't know how to install game on Google Chromebook (if it is possible in the first place). I have very limited knowledge but zero experience with Chromebook as well so can't help. Hopefully others can provide alternative solutions in addition to what were already suggested. Cheers.
I'm sure I would have to be a member to do that. Chromebook has extensions that I would have to install and chromebook also doesn't have certain ones I would need to download games.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Got to ask: is the male protagonist or female protagonist game?
Mostly male, but you have the option to take over as the male MC's daughter/step-daughter (or however you define the relationship). There may be more female MC stuff in the future, not sure. But the last couple updates had a decent amount of female MC content. As I mentioned, the female MC portions are optional, but you do miss out on content if you choose not to.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
The MC is male, but there are some segments where you play as his daughter/successor. The story is told mostly from a male perspective however.
Mostly male, but you have the option to take over as the male MC's daughter/step-daughter (or however you define the relationship). There may be more female MC stuff in the future, not sure. But the last couple updates had a decent amount of female MC content. As I mentioned, the female MC portions are optional, but you do miss out on content if you choose not to.
Thanks for clearing this up.
Thought so, current protagonist tags are garbage to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if half of the games on the site was in similar situation.

Reactions: Green83rry

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Thanks for clearing this up.
Thought so, current protagonist tags are garbage to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if half of the games on the site was in similar situation.
Just wanted to point out...playing as the female MC...you're not hoe-ing around or anything like that. I'm not sure if the game will explore her sexuality on her own without the male MC or anything like that. The only reason I bring this up is I know there are folks who like playing female protagonist as a complete slut or whatever. As of now, you're not going to get that here and I don't think you ever will, to be honest.

4.80 star(s) 592 Votes