DerpyDeeDoo

May 7, 2021
Great game! Just played it, and I found the narrative engrossing and many of the characters compelling. Especially the story on Shanis path. I only wish i could adjust the MCs skin tone, since IMO he looks goofy as the whitest Egyptian man in the middle of a damn desert. Even Scandinavians would get more tan than this bro if they lived in the Egyptian desert. But I can appreciate the magnitude of rerendering the pics and scenes to accommodate that.

The only recommended change I have is adjusting one of the disclaimers at the beginning. You mentioned that all sexual encounters were consensual and not rape. Maybe that was the case at one point in development, but not anymore. Now I'm not kinkshaming NC sex here, but it's inaccurate to say that all sex encounters in the game were consensual, and no contrary declarations can make it so. If you really think otherwise, then I don't think you really understand what consent is and means. It would be true to say the game doesn't compel NC sex, since it doesn't force you to rape anyone. But the game certainly allows you to rape people, and it's inaccurate to claim otherwise.

Nikko_

May 31, 2017
Great game! Just played it, and I found the narrative engrossing and many of the characters compelling. Especially the story on Shanis path. I only wish i could adjust the MCs skin tone, since IMO he looks goofy as the whitest Egyptian man in the middle of a damn desert. Even Scandinavians would get more tan than this bro if they lived in the Egyptian desert. But I can appreciate the magnitude of rerendering the pics and scenes to accommodate that.
I had not thought of the color of the MC, but you are right. Since the guy is a "Desert Stalker" he "works" outside, he would have tanned skin. He is also supposed to be in his 40s(a flashback goes 30 years back), but he looks 20 of age. So yeah, MC is not immersive as far as looks goes. But the MC character and personality for the game's setting is great. Still a good MC.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
I had not thought of the color of the MC, but you are right. Since the guy is a "Desert Stalker" he "works" outside, he would have tanned skin. He is also supposed to be in his 40s(a flashback goes 30 years back), but he looks 20 of age. So yeah, MC is not immersive as far as looks goes. But the MC character and personality for the game's setting is great. Still a good MC.
MC has really good sun block.

kolisz

Sep 7, 2019
The only recommended change I have is adjusting one of the disclaimers at the beginning. You mentioned that all sexual encounters were consensual and not rape. Maybe that was the case at one point in development, but not anymore. Now I'm not kinkshaming NC sex here, but it's inaccurate to say that all sex encounters in the game were consensual, and no contrary declarations can make it so. If you really think otherwise, then I don't think you really understand what consent is and means. It would be true to say the game doesn't compel NC sex, since it doesn't force you to rape anyone. But the game certainly allows you to rape people, and it's inaccurate to claim otherwise.
We don't know the female characters thoughts while the MC has sex with them (which is valid to know if it's really a rape), they might like it (Role-play) they may say things out loud but think differently. It's hard to define rape, especially nowadays when a female agrees to have sex, but afterward she might change her mind or vice versa. Some games have "real" rape, but developers have to label it as consensual/role-playing (to avoid problems) because SJWs or other people get mad about pixels getting "raped" for example there was a game on Steam called "rape day" in which the description said things like "sexual assault, non-consensual sex" sometime after the release, it got removed because SJWs started a big drama about it, but that game would still be on Steam if they changed the title and description. So I think even if DS has "rape" the developer just wants to avoid problems and people getting mad at him, especially if he wants the game to be released on steam (btw I would definitely buy it)

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
We don't know the female characters thoughts while the MC has sex with them (which is valid to know if it's really a rape), they might like it (Role-play) they may say things out loud but think differently. It's hard to define rape, especially nowadays when a female agrees to have sex, but afterward she might change her mind or vice versa. Some games have "real" rape, but developers have to label it as consensual/role-playing (to avoid problems) because SJWs or other people get mad about pixels getting "raped" for example there was a game on Steam called "rape day" in which the description said things like "sexual assault, non-consensual sex" sometime after the release, it got removed because SJWs started a big drama about it, but that game would still be on Steam if they changed the title and description. So I think even if DS has "rape" the developer just wants to avoid problems and people getting mad at him, especially if he wants the game to be released on steam (btw I would definitely buy it)
It's the paradox of the social justice movement.

It used to be pretty clear what rape was...

And no, a girl changing her mind after the fact doesn't make it rape, it just makes her a slut and a rather stupid one at that.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Desert Stalkers are exposed to all kinds of radiation and shit in the Zones. So Zaton must be like half-ghoul at this point hence the slow aging :WeSmart:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is wearing all kinds of desert clothes, yes, even the most dark of skin wear clothes,
so no, you do not have to be nude or sun bathe in the desert because, frankly, you will get crispy very quick, regardless of your skin condition, age, resistence or moisture.
Human beings cannot stay skimpy clothed when living in the desert, which is where
everyone lives in this game, otherwise they will get sunburn and neausea all the time
so no, girls and guys and any other being is hiding from the sun like the plague.
The small scenes we see in the game are small, because characters cannot afford to stay in the scorching desert sun bare skinned for long. You should really get out more and see that even beduins living in the desert as a life long tradition have a whole array or skin tones, they are never all one shade of only one color or complexion.

It's the paradox of the social justice movement.

It used to be pretty clear what rape was...

And no, a girl changing her mind after the fact doesn't make it rape, it just makes her a slut and a rather stupid one at that.
Females screaming rape nowadays will get cancel culture females to try and cancel the accused, regardless of the truth. In the setting of this game, tho, MC is the law, Judge Dredd and executioner, you all kind a got the picture, so no, his deeds are righteus
and no, females never go claim rape to anyone in the game, they have accepted the rule of the fittest,
be it man or woman, just like MC accepted the queen on top, the mutant leader on top, just like he climbed on top of the desert clan sisters by his skill and deeds, not by
status or by any other foul machination.

Reactions: Green83rry

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Females screaming rape nowadays will get cancel culture females to try and cancel the accused, regardless of the truth. In the setting of this game, tho, MC is the law, Judge Dredd and executioner, you all kind a got the picture, so no, his deeds are righteus
and no, females never go claim rape to anyone in the game, they have accepted the rule of the fittest,
be it man or woman, just like MC accepted the queen on top, the mutant leader on top, just like he climbed on top of the desert clan sisters by his skill and deeds, not by
status or by any other foul machination.
I don't really know how else you can call it when the MC forcibly takes the virginity of a feral girl right in front of her brother. Or as a penalty for theft and assault, a woman is chained to a wall to be used by any man passing by... Or MC mouthfucking a chained unconscious captive in his dungeon...

You call it rationalize it as "righteous" any way you want. But call a spade a spade bro. That's rape. And frankly, calling it "righteous" even in the dystopian context of DS is a really big stretch.

And trust me. I do not sympathize with radical feminism or any of the social justice crap. I know that in reality the term "rape" is thrown around loosely by those sorts. But that being said, I'm not going to make-believe that certain scenes in Desert Stalker aren't obvious depictions of rape.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
I don't really know how else you can call it when the MC forcibly takes the virginity of a feral girl right in front of her brother. Or as a penalty for theft and assault, a woman is chained to a wall to be used by any man passing by... Or MC mouthfucking a chained unconscious captive in his dungeon...

You call it rationalize it as "righteous" any way you want. But call a spade a spade bro. That's rape. And frankly, calling it "righteous" even in the dystopian context of DS is a really big stretch.

And trust me. I do not sympathize with radical feminism or any of the social justice crap. I know that in reality the term "rape" is thrown around loosely by those sorts. But that being said, I'm not going to make-believe that certain scenes in Desert Stalker aren't obvious depictions of rape.
You have to understand it within the cultural context, just like when a German girl gets a "struggle snuggle" by a migrant during a Cologne New Years festival. *obviously joking*

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is Mad MAx kind a fiction. Nobody said Mad Max was real, but all the movies feature
precisely that - ownership of humans you get to have by any means, gifted by the queen,
or captured, or beat into submission, or subdued in a duel.

Rape can be forgiven and forgot in most cultures, the victim makes up with the aggressor. The victim can at any time change their statement and the whole business goes away.

In the game, the females are subdued into those acts by social pressure, their morals,
their way of life as they know it.
just like most males are not believed about being raped, why cath lic cler gy can rape
with impudence, heck they all laugh about it and say a prayer ...

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
You understand it within the cultural context, just like when a German girl gets a "struggle snuggle" by a migrant during a Cologne New Years festival. *obviously joking*
I wouldn't doubt some people on these boards would probably try to spin that as some kind of "edgy romance".

• Haha
Reactions: Gato21

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020

Of course it's rape, especially in the first case. The second case might be construed as some kind of "just" punishment.

But what is interesting about Desert Stalker's setting is that the player is, to some extent, able to put his own morality in the story without the "burden" of 21st century western morality, either from the so-called conservative or the so-called progressive side.

DS's approach to incest is rather libertarian: as long as neither party objects, it's fine and nobody's business.

With rape, it's slightly different. But it's clearly a case of "might = right". Zaton is obviously the top dog in the situations you mention, and he can do whatever he wants without worrying about any consequences. He's backed by the queen of the most powerful entity in the known world and by acting the way he does he's making Zetan an even stronger entity.

You have to understand it within the cultural context, just like when a German girl gets a "struggle snuggle" by a migrant during a Cologne New Years festival. *obviously joking*
In a way it's not even a bad comparison. But both the immigrants and (some of) the Germans are forgetting that on German land, German rules and moralities should be in place. By forgetting this, it has become lawless to a certain extent. Like the wastelands outside Zetan...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: selberdreher
4.80 star(s) 591 Votes