xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
The game I am talking about doesn't exist and will never exist. It's a game with the same setting and world building, but you play only as Shani or mainly as Shani and Zaton is only for small bits. A reversal of of how the game works now. If the devs had created that theoretical game it would have likely lead to scenes where Shani ends up raped. Because that is how the world is constructed and how AVN with FemC tend to be made. Play enough FeMC games and it becomes a very apparent pattern.
Ah ok, now I got it, (and thanks Xythurr for explaining aswell) you're right, but I have hope that in this game when we play with Shani it doesn't come to that, since she is the "second" MC your Idea of the Hypothetical game with Shani as Primary has it's apeals I'd like to see such a game too.

Reactions: Xythurr

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
Harems go back much further in time and scope than Islam lmao.
Yeah but most of the Harem games on this site are modern timeline. They are not some ancient timeline. So its fair to say when you see a Harem game in modern timeline you immediately associate it to muslims because they dominate with it in this current timeline is what im trying to say

You usually see a big brother with a sister and another sister, mother and an auntie all together in a happy Harem 2023 :ROFLMAO:
But none of them muslims, they never are

Reactions: mehmuttt33

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Lol women don't have "rights" in Desert Stalker. It's a feminist worst nightmare dystopian setting.
If that were the case, then neither Shani nor the Queen would exist.

I think it's more that feminism isn't really a theme in the setting. The strong take what they want, regardless of their gender, until someone stronger comes along.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
If that were the case, then neither Shani nor the Queen would exist.

I think it's more that feminism isn't really a theme in the setting. The strong take what they want, regardless of their gender, until someone stronger comes along.
I agree with the first part but to the second I will say exceptions don't make a rule.

mahin007

Sep 1, 2022
Dev log 15.10.2023
View attachment 3008836 View attachment 3008837

Not going to lie, this is one busy update. There are so many paths and small variations to consider that if it wasn't so difficult I'd find it funny.
We're a few renders short of 1000 again, and Zion's backstory (and menu theme) are not finished yet. So I'll see you all sometime between next weekend and the beginning of the week after that for the Beta release. It's all coming togetherrr...!!!
Render progress:
Visiting Abrax: 95%
Kateryna's homecoming: 100%
Fairy's introduction: 100%
Visiting Asani: 100%
Queen scenes: 100%
Home interactions: 80%
Settlement interactions: 95%
Settlement quest: Sekhmet's Legion pt. 1: 40%

Harem Scenes:
Emilia & Fairy: 100%

Animations: 90%
Coding: 90%
whoooa, 1000 renders!!! didnt expect that

mahin007

Sep 1, 2022
tbh I dont know how much render we get each update in this game. But 1k update seems a lot in 3-4 months timeframe, thats why I am surprised

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I agree with the first part but to the second I will say exceptions don't make a rule.
Honestly, I think that concepts like democracy, equality, feminism etc. are results (and not the causes) of a well-organised and functional society.

In more primitive societies they don't really have the time for it, because they are too busy with other, more important, stuff.

But that doesn't mean that all primitive societies have the same ideas about male and female role models. In some females may be just as important as males, sometimes with similar roles as men, sometimes with different roles but with the same importance.
They just won't call that feminism.

In the game, you have a few strong women who take what they want (if they can) and a lot who realise that they can't.
You also have quite a few men who realise that they just can't take what they want.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, I think that concepts like democracy, equality, feminism etc. are results (and not the causes) of a well-organised and functional society.

In more primitive societies they don't really have the time for it, because they are too busy with other, more important, stuff.

But that doesn't mean that all primitive societies have the same ideas about male and female role models. In some females may be just as important as males, sometimes with similar roles as men, sometimes with different roles but with the same importance.
They just won't call that feminism.

In the game, you have a few strong women who take what they want (if they can) and a lot who realise that they can't.
You also have quite a few men who realise that they just can't take what they want.
You spelled out my intent spot on. The game is pretty realistic in that in a barbaric survival of the fittest might makes right society most women are subject to the will of powerful men.
While there are some exceptions like the ceremonial religious role the queen has or few powerful warriors like the bandit sisters the natural strength gap puts most women at a vast disadvantage.
Does this mean they are all used abused and discarded like toys? No because most women have fathers brothers etc who love them and will protect them.
That being said they are still under the authority of their male protectors.
That is what the setting lays out hence why I said women don't have "rights" in Desert Stalker. The whole game is a fairly accurate representation of some ancient real world civilizations with the acceptance of incest being accurate as well.
I wonder how intentional that is or if turned out that way by chance as they were trying to imagine a brutal post-apocalyptic society rebuilding civilization.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
In a post-apo world, society would probably devolve and return to previous times, as well as women's "rights". Men going hunting/farming and women staying home with kids
I think the entire concept of "rights" goes out the window.

But the traditional role patterns that you describe are perhaps a bit too simplistic and are not universally applicable to all primitive cultures.

And Zeta is actually supposed to be a bastion of civilisation in a lawless world.

Reactions: Xythurr

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I think the entire concept of "rights" goes out the window.

But the traditional role patterns that you describe are perhaps a bit too simplistic and are not universally applicable to all primitive cultures.

And Zeta is actually supposed to be a bastion of civilisation in a lawless world.
If Zeta is the standard for law and fairness really think about just how much life sucks for 98% of people out there alone or in group settings.
Like damn I would rather walk into a hotzone till my skin melted off than live in that shit.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
You spelled out my intent spot on. The game is pretty realistic in that in a barbaric survival of the fittest might makes right society most women are subject to the will of powerful men.
While there are some exceptions like the ceremonial religious role the queen has or few powerful warriors like the bandit sisters the natural strength gap puts most women at a vast disadvantage.
Does this mean they are all used abused and discarded like toys? No because most women have fathers brothers etc who love them and will protect them.
That being said they are still under the authority of their male protectors.
That is what the setting lays out hence why I said women don't have "rights" in Desert Stalker. The whole game is a fairly accurate representation of some ancient real world civilizations with the acceptance of incest being accurate as well.
I wonder how intentional that is or if turned out that way by chance as they were trying to imagine a brutal post-apocalyptic society rebuilding civilization.
Women may not have enjoyed the same rights as they do today, but a lot of cultures actually placed increased value on women as carriers of life/future generations. They were subservient to their husbands, but mistreating your wife physically was punishable by up to death.

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes