Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Women may not have enjoyed the same rights as they do today, but a lot of cultures actually placed increased value on women as carriers of life/future generations. They were subservient to their husbands, but mistreating your wife physically was punishable by up to death.
True. I believe I covered that when I stated they were protected.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
You spelled out my intent spot on. The game is pretty realistic in that in a barbaric survival of the fittest might makes right society most women are subject to the will of powerful men.
While there are some exceptions like the ceremonial religious role the queen has or few powerful warriors like the bandit sisters the natural strength gap puts most women at a vast disadvantage.
Does this mean they are all used abused and discarded like toys? No because most women have fathers brothers etc who love them and will protect them.
That being said they are still under the authority of their male protectors.
That is what the setting lays out hence why I said women don't have "rights" in Desert Stalker. The whole game is a fairly accurate representation of some ancient real world civilizations with the acceptance of incest being accurate as well.
I wonder how intentional that is or if turned out that way by chance as they were trying to imagine a brutal post-apocalyptic society rebuilding civilization.
Haha, I'm late to the discussion, so maybe I'm missing important context. But I think maybe the core reason for the setting may be that the author, along with the large amount of fans who play this game, is really aroused by male power fantasies. :sneaky:

But yeah, I'm sure we all have a good enough of an inherent understanding of how primitive societies work, which I'm sure plays a role in engrossing us even further because it's very believable for the most part. I mean, maybe not the bad ass lone stalker alpha male hero that every woman wants to fuck, but that's a given in this kind of game :D. Well, maybe it works actually if you picture it kind of like this universe's version of a Witcher and the cultural significance that comes from it.

Reactions: Xythurr

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
I hope this will continue to be the case in the future.
Another upside of this game, you have to wait a long time, but you get a great ammount of content when the wait is over. To bad I want to play it so much that I just blast through it in 2/3 days.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Haha, I'm late to the discussion, so maybe I'm missing important context. But I think maybe the core reason for the setting may be that the author, along with the large amount of fans who play this game, is really aroused by male power fantasies. :sneaky:

But yeah, I'm sure we all have a good enough of an inherent understanding of how primitive societies work, which I'm sure plays a role in engrossing us even further because it's very believable for the most part. I mean, maybe not the bad ass lone stalker alpha male hero that every woman wants to fuck, but that's a given in this kind of game :D. Well, maybe it works actually if you picture it kind of like this universe's version of a Witcher and the cultural significance that comes from it.
Think about it the lone powerful male badass woman magnet concept existed alongside many ancient societies. We have the myths of all the ancient heroes and all the chicks human/monster/deity that they fucked as part of their legend lmao.
The ancients knew what was up.

• Haha
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Only 0.13 and already as big as +4.5GB? Jesus, this one is gonna need a really strong compression.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Think about it the lone powerful male badass woman magnet concept existed alongside many ancient societies. We have the myths of all the ancient heroes and all the chicks human/monster/deity that they fucked as part of their legend lmao.
You don't even need to rationalize. Zaton is just an Agent 007 type of character. He's strong, competent, unstoppable, manly and all women drool for him. Stop. It's a male power fantasy surrogate for escapism purpouse which is nothing bad. Plus the game story is well told, so he doesn't just come out like an annoying Gary Stou, and it's still a working and relatable character. I think his being (optionally) moral and a good husband and father (in a Zetan way) have a lot to do with it.

Only 0.13 and already as big as +4.5GB? Jesus, this one is gonna need a really strong compression.
Consider that the release progression of this game was 0.01, 0.02, ... we had 13 releases so far, which is a goal many games get abandond before they get ther and other game get near or at their completation, since each release of this game is rather big in content.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
You don't even need to rationalize. Zaton is just an Agent 007 type of character. He's strong, competent, unstoppable, manly and all women drool for him. Stop. It's a male power fantasy surrogate for escapism purpouse which is nothing bad. Plus the game story is well told, so he doesn't just come out like an annoying Gary Stou, and it's still a working and relatable character. I think his being (optionally) moral and a good husband and father (in a Zetan way) have a lot to do with it.

Consider that the release progression of this game was 0.01, 0.02, ... we had 13 releases so far, which is a goal many games get abandond before they get ther and other game get near or at their completation, since each release of this game is rather big in content.
Male powe fantasy is a dumb concept invented by some cat lady. Males want to be that guy because that's the type of guy women crave. Some can say they want the fee fees guy but everyone knows that's bullshit :WeSmart:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017

I fail to see how I was rationalizing as I pointed historical equivalents which I thought was funny but go off I guess lil buddy lol.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Male powe fantasy is a dumb concept invented by some cat lady. Males want to be that guy because that's the type of guy women crave. Some can say they want the fee fees guy but everyone knows that's bullshit :WeSmart:
I want to be that type of guy for the sake of being that type of guy. :D

By the way the 'women romance novels' dudes are way the opposite of the male power fantasy. The romance tells (not shows) quite hostinately that those guys are such bad guys, so dangerous and bla bla bla, but what they actually usually do through the story is orbiting all the time around the chick like faithful puppies.

In women psycology their 'ideal men' are more like an accessory to have around and they don't even realize it.

Last edited:

The Offbeat

Dec 18, 2022

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but have you ever considered that women are individuals. With individual needs and wants and some women actually -do- want the feely feely boys. And some want the burly burly fellas? Just like how some men like the toned tall women, and some like the petites and so on and so forth. Stop treating people like a homogenized big blob of same wants and needs maybe x). Sure there's trends and such but damn.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but have you ever considered that women are individuals. With individual needs and wants and some women actually -do- want the feely feely boys. And some want the burly burly fellas? Just like how some men like the toned tall women, and some like the petites and so on and so forth. Stop treating people like a homogenized big blob of same wants and needs maybe x). Sure there's trends and such but damn.
Of course and some men like bear men :BootyTime: we're talking about generalizations.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
lmao yeah they really did

virgin sahara animal herders fucking their livestock
vs.
chad zeus fucking bitches as livestock

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes