Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
You know I've been thinking about something for awhile now. We can see how the story is shaping up with MC taking over/guiding factions to come together against a growing threat (probably from the cannibal mutants IMO) and with his developing relationship with the queen of Zeta.
What if there is an ending or story point where he helps her seize absolute power from the priesthood with his outside allies and the favor of the Zetan people if he's a national hero.
He could then marry her become the king and either end the game on that note or lead the war effort and maybe eventually become the greater Zetan emperor.
Anyone else think that would be fucking cool?
Future spoiler of our MC:
1iex1ixu1pf61.jpg

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You know I've been thinking about something for awhile now. We can see how the story is shaping up with MC taking over/guiding factions to come together against a growing threat (probably from the cannibal mutants IMO) and with his developing relationship with the queen of Zeta.
What if there is an ending or story point where he helps her seize absolute power from the priesthood with his outside allies and the favor of the Zetan people if he's a national hero.
He could then marry her become the king and either end the game on that note or lead the war effort and maybe eventually become the greater Zetan emperor.
View attachment 3226456
It doesn't sound impossible. I wouldn't say I'd expect it though, don't think he's ever been shown to be that ambitious. It would probably be the only way we could get away with our relationship with the queen being known publicly even if we aren't dominating her, let alone if we are.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
It doesn't sound impossible. I wouldn't say I'd expect it though, don't think he's ever been shown to be that ambitious. It would probably be the only way we could get away with our relationship with the queen being known publicly even if we aren't dominating her, let alone if we are.
It's just fun to think about. Hell it could be the queens idea which he reluctantly agrees to if he has caught real feelings for her or does it to protect his family.

Reactions: wildride69

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
View attachment 3226456
Power always has some kind of basis. If the basis becomes unstable, the person at the top of the pyramid will also fall.

Historically, including in ancient Egypt, rules derived their right to rule from a diety.

In Zeta, Queen Merneith also derives her power from the ancient Egyptian dieties.

Therefore if the ruler tries to get rid of the priests, she also loses her right to rule. In other words, it won't work.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xapican and Xythurr

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Power always has some kind of basis. If the basis becomes unstable, the person at the top of the pyramid will also fall.

Historically, including in ancient Egypt, rules derived their right to rule from a diety.

In Zeta, Queen Merneith also derives her power from the ancient Egyptian dieties.

Therefore if the ruler tries to get rid of the priests, she also loses her right to rule. In other words, it won't work.
There's a difference in seizing power from the priesthood and getting rid of them bro. Just like the Roman emperor's did with the senate.
They could pull any number of stunts like he is the new god-king or Merneith who already rules by divine mandate unseats the corrupt priesthood and forms a new (submissive) one by her divine right etc.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
There's a difference in seizing power from the priesthood and getting rid of them bro. Just like the Roman emperor's did with the senate.
They could pull any number of stunts like he is the new god-king or Merneith who already rules by divine mandate unseats the corrupt priesthood and forms a new (submissive) one by her divine right etc.
Caesar and August could bypass the senate because their power base was with the lower class people.
They changed the power base of Rome from the senate to lower classes, with them on the top.

I suppose that Zaton could change the power base as well, if the devs wanted to. So far we don't have much evidence either way but I do think Zaton could team up with the decayed and get rid of the Queen and transform Zetan civilization as a whole. If he wanted, which I think he doesn't. But I think the way you are proposing it won't work. Honestly what you propose sounds like Atenism but that didn't work out as intended either.

Last edited:

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Caesar and August could bypass the senate because their power base was with the lower class people.
They changed the power base of Rome from the senate to lower classes, with them on the top.

I suppose that Zaton could change the power base as well, if the devs wanted to. So far we don't have much evidence either way but I do think Zaton could team up with the decayed and get rid of the Queen and transform Zetan civilization as a whole. But I think the way you are proposing it won't work. Honestly what you propose sounds like Atenism but that didn't work out as intended either.
While all that is true they could invent whatever hair-brained method they choose. The story is hardly limited by things like reality lol.
Your facts about Rome while true excepting that they also made the military loyal to them not the Senate because Imperators were generals first rulers second especially in the early empire which also made the senate power null they did exactly what I said.
They took power from them while keeping the institution "alive" for traditions sake.
Plenty of historical examples of successful power grabs by monarchies nobility the peasantry etc to take inspiration from.
Game topic aside it's awesome to run into another history nerd!

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Your facts about Rome while true excepting that they also made the military loyal to them not the Senate because Imperators were generals first rulers second especially in the early empire which also made the senate power null they did exactly what I said.
The way I see it, Caesar could cross the Rubicon not because of his legions (other successful generals in the past, like Scipio or Marius also had legions) but because of the support he had among the lower classes.

And I think you can't really compare a worldly power base, be it a senate or the populace, with a divine right to rule. Which the Roman emperors also tried to cultivate but I think not so thoroughly as the Egyptians.

In the game, finding ancient Egyptian relics, in order to support the Queens divine right, is the reason why desert stalkers even exist.

All in all, I would prefer to keep the world order in the game as it is. I don't think changing it will bring a lot of improvements, not even for the MC.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xythurr

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The way I see it, Caesar could cross the Rubicon not because of his legions (other successful generals in the past, like Scipio or Marius also had legions) but because of the support he had among the lower classes.

And I think you can't really compare a worldly power base, be it a senate or the populace, with a divine right to rule. Which the Roman emperors also tried to cultivate but I think not so thoroughly as the Egyptians.

In the game, finding ancient Egyptian relics, in order to support the Queens divine right, is the reason why desert stalkers even exist.

All in all, I would prefer to keep the world order in the game as it is. I don't think changing it will bring a lot of improvements, not even for the MC.
The thing about divine right is that it basically boils down to "because I could". I defeated the old king and took his land through force of arms? Clearly it was the will of god that I should be king instead, otherwise I would not have been victorious. It's the same idea as a judicial duel, but on a bigger scale. And it doesn't really have to make any more sense than it needs to for the people to rationalise going along with it. There has to be some justification, but it doesn't have to be particularly airtight or rigorous.

TempinOffice

May 25, 2020
I am playing the VN for the 3rd time from the start because after every long break I feel I can only partially recall game plot (in both sense), and would gladly repeat the playthrough.

In my recent playthrough, I was keeping check of the potential girls who can be part of the harem or with whom MC will have sex in future.
1. Lirah; the second palace guard. She is very keen about Zaton and I hope Zaton will soon satisfy the curiosity.
2. Pepper, the unemotional calculative doctor. While she is not as same as the doc from City of Broken Dreamers, the white coat does incite my interest in her.
3. Ivy; even though there was few encounters that may hint of extension of harem with her, I am okay if she is not part of it. She can be a great friend to MC and a plot device to further extend the story and introduce new character for Zaton.
4. Rabiah; I am sure she will end up being Zaton's concubine.

Any more?

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
I am playing the VN for the 3rd time from the start because after every long break I feel I can only partially recall game plot (in both sense), and would gladly repeat the playthrough.

In my recent playthrough, I was keeping check of the potential girls who can be part of the harem or with whom MC will have sex in future.
1. Lirah; the second palace guard. She is very keen about Zaton and I hope Zaton will soon satisfy the curiosity.
2. Pepper, the unemotional calculative doctor. While she is not as same as the doc from City of Broken Dreamers, the white coat does incite my interest in her.
3. Ivy; even though there was few encounters that may hint of extension of harem with her, I am okay if she is not part of it. She can be a great friend to MC and a plot device to further extend the story and introduce new character for Zaton.

Any more?
As someone once said
everyone-the-professional.gif

EXCEPT that annoying "headguard" or whatever her name is, she's pretty annoying to me.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017

Any more?
Killing old hive queen, and "promote" the young girl, who you took back, to hive queen?

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes