Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021

neronio

Apr 18, 2022
Don't know how people are going to take this because it's a very popular game but I can't be the only that feels like it has become a victim of its own success.
I say this because the pacing up until the older daughter (don't know her default name) comes back from the Zone was great and it felt like it was going somewhere. After that, feels like I'm playing one of those filler seasons of The Walking Dead, the difference being I've got to wait months for each episode to release.
It's just getting boring. I remember being excited at the time how the plot of the fight between the mutants and Zeta was going to play out and the role we would play in it (like we could side with the Queen, side with the mutants or even play both sides) and feels like it has been completely abandoned. You could say this new Queen chapters we've been getting are part of that story but are they really? Because they feel a bit self contained and the mutants side of the story hasn't been touched on in God knows how long so there's no dynamic us and the story itself can play off.

It's a shame because this was my favorite game but now feels like its success has led the dev to ditch their original plan for the story and it's now just getting bloated with side content that progresses nothing because the game is now way too profitable to end it. Ironically, kinda like The Walking Dead.

• Angry
Reactions: manearth533

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Don't know how people are going to take this because it's a very popular game but I can't be the only that feels like it has become a victim of its own success.
I say this because the pacing up until the older daughter (don't know her default name) comes back from the Zone was great and it felt like it was going somewhere. After that, feels like I'm playing one of those filler seasons of The Walking Dead, the difference being I've got to wait months for each episode to release.
It's just getting boring. I remember being excited at the time how the plot of the fight between the mutants and Zeta was going to play out and the role we would play in it (like we could side with the Queen, side with the mutants or even play both sides) and feels like it has been completely abandoned. You could say this new Queen chapters we've been getting are part of that story but are they really? Because they feel a bit self contained and the mutants side of the story hasn't been touched on in God knows how long so there's no dynamic us and the story itself can play off.

It's a shame because this was my favorite game but now feels like its success has led the dev to ditch their original plan for the story and it's now just getting bloated with side content that progresses nothing because the game is now way too profitable to end it. Ironically, kinda like The Walking Dead.
That was your first post...and you can't even remember Shani's name? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You're right...people won't take it well at all. Congrats, successful bait is successful ;)

neronio

Apr 18, 2022
That was your first post...and you can't even remember Shani's name? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You're right...people won't take it well at all. Congrats, successful bait is successful ;)
I use a custom name (Mika) lol

And it's not bait. Feel free to agree or disagree. This is a discussion thread after all.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I use a custom name (Mika) lol
You've also been here for 2 years and it was apparently your fave game. Not really an exuse is it for arguably the second most important character in the VN who is mentioned like every day in this thread.

Some fan...if going to whine and complain, at least know basic stuff because it makes everything else you say moot when you can't even remember something like that.

You are, however, entitled to your opinion.

Reactions: wildride69

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

Nothing has been ditched. Dev was fleshing out other characters and adding sex content. Next release is continuing the mutants storyline, so we'll be back to more things like that. From an older devlog:
1729365028703.png

neronio

Apr 18, 2022
You've also been here for 2 years and it was apparently your fave game. Not really an exuse is it for arguably the second most important character in the VN who is mentioned like every day in this thread.

Some fan...if going to whine and complain, at least know basic stuff because it makes everything else you say moot when you can't even remember something like that.
I think I explained myself quite well and not knowing the character's original name because I use a different one has no bearing on how I feel about the game and the story.
And it's not "whining and complaining". It's just how I've been feeling about it lately and since this is a discussion thread, I was curious to know if anyone feels the same and, agreeing or disagreeing, discuss it. Feels now it was a mistake.

Massagecook01

Formerly 'imthechad'
Oct 6, 2022

You are, however, entitled to your opinion.
keep it at that your opinion is not more valued than his or anyones FYI.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Being a fan is in no way defined. There is a huge difference between being a fan and being a fanboy. Not sure if it is a reflection of your age, but more settled people have no need to scream and wave flags everytime something happens. Fans come as silent types too and it's actually a dick move to try to press your fanboying onto another person. Discourse starts with accepting each others positions and not by starting personal attacks.

P.S. If you wonder why this isnt a reply to you directly - you are on ignore

Last edited:

Massagecook01

Formerly 'imthechad'
Oct 6, 2022
I think I explained myself quite well and not knowing the character's original name because I use a different one has no bearing on how I feel about the game and the story.
And it's not "whining and complaining". It's just how I've been feeling about it lately and since this is a discussion thread, I was curious to know if anyone feels the same and, agreeing or disagreeing, discuss it. Feels now it was a mistake.
you have to sooner or later understand and grow a thick skin there are people on this website, people like Maviarab you see how he quickly dismissed your opinion and attacked you. there are people on this website just like that , you can not have a opinion about a AVN being negitive or dislike a AVN that they like, to them it's a personal attack on them thats how they see it. i'm sorry you got to see that on your first couple post not knowing you would be attacked but i hope you have better luck next time on your next couple post. don't take the dick move of one angry person as a opinion of all of us, some of us value opinions of others on AVN's. :cool:

Last edited:

neronio

Apr 18, 2022
you have to sooner or later understand and grow a thick skin there are people on this website, people like Maviarab you see how he quickly dismissed your opinion and attacked you. there are people on this website just like that , you can not have a opinion about a AVN being negitive or dislike a AVN that they like, to them it's a personal attack on them thats how they see it. i'm sorry you got to see that on your first couple post not knowing you would be attacked but i hope you have better luck next time on your next couple post. don't take the dick move of one angry person as a opinion of all of us, some of us value opinions of others on AVN's. :cool:
I'm a wrestling fan so I kinda got a PHD on this sorta thing :LOL:
Seriously though, thnx

• Haha
Reactions: tooldev

AfricanWarlord

Formerly 'Dee_Daa'
Jul 21, 2021
i like how every girl that got "raped" liked it lmao ,it feels like its just a rapeplay fetish...not that i mind it , but its just weird......and bet the dark lord worshipers like me Wouldve liked if it were more realistic

4.80 star(s) 615 Votes