The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
The current update that my investors have will be released in a couple of months with the final release going to them, so you'll get the next two chapters then. And then the final release will go public around Halloween for one of my treats to fans this year.

Oh yeah, and as far the the Shadowed go, it's not just dying. There is no end, no death at all with Shadowed. For example, my creations could make someone scared of heights fall and smash every bone in their body, seemingly forever, within their mind. One second here, can become an infinite eternity within the mind. So, when the mortal finally cracks, their soul is forfeit. It should also be mentioned that the Bad Ends are always non-canonical and my just have random stuff thrown in to make the Bad End work for our benefit, ease of writing, ease of reading, etc.)

Also, just noticed that muttdoggy has not been back on, so if you happen to be a moderator reading this, feel free to add the other download places for links and put this game in the "Latest Updates" please and thank you.

Last edited:

Archimus

Jul 14, 2018
There seems to be a problem when encountering Siri. I finished the goblin/troll cave hunt and after coming back and talking to the denizens of the Sanctuary one by one, starting from the top left and moving right, I encounter this when visiting Siri:

Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<switch>>

Error: child tag <<case>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<switch>>

Now this repeats and causes the page to show multiple Siri scenes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With the final scene revealed as one with Lycaon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, on the Explore Sanctuary page where you choose which room to visit, there is still the:

Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<if>>

warning between the 'Which room will you visit?' header and the image links.

Just a heads up.

Reactions: hiwarren1

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Archimus - Thanks! This release originally came out in April, and I have got those particular bugs fixed at this point. In fact, by August the final release will go live to my investors! Still, I appreciate letting me know here (or in Discord) because one never knows what someone else may not have caught during this beta phase!

Reactions: Archimus
D

Deleted member 584847

are there some choices or any other way to adjust the direction the game's heading or is it simply read-only "game"?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
bukaneer - I did a patreon poll several months ago to see if my investors like my games to just be linear stories or if they like game elements and it was almost 50/50, so if you like read-only "games" (whatever that means), then you'll be glad to hear that I have implemented a Story Mode! So now you can relax and enjoy the tale without having to worry about all the puzzles, maps, random enemy fights, items, potions, and so on.

However, as of this beta version that you have access to, the Story Mode was not implemented and only the Game Mode is available (as I say on the OP- starts at Chap 4). So, if you'd rather get gold, kill enemies, try to find your way through monster hunts, attack bosses and such, that is this version. Either way that you, personally, enjoy to play (relaxing or with a challenge), however, will be available in the final release.

Reactions: anime66
D

Deleted member 584847

bukaneer - I did a patreon poll several months ago to see if my investors like my games to just be linear stories or if they like game elements and it was almost 50/50, so if you like read-only "games" (whatever that means), then you'll be glad to hear that I have implemented a Story Mode! So now you can relax and enjoy the tale without having to worry about all the puzzles, maps, random enemy fights, items, potions, and so on.

However, as of this beta version that you have access to, the Story Mode was not implemented and only the Game Mode is available (as I say on the OP- starts at Chap 4). So, if you'd rather get gold, kill enemies, try to find your way through monster hunts, attack bosses and such, that is this version. Either way that you, personally, enjoy to play (relaxing or with a challenge), however, will be available in the final release.
thank you for the answer. read-only was meant as "if there is anything to do in the game, be it choices, interactions with items and so on, or if the only thing you can do in this game is read the text without the need of touching your mouse or keyboard.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
bukaneer - Oh, yes, this definitely has game play. I have been doing these titles a few years now, as I am sure you've seen! And, I am slowly picking up on programming, but also, I have some great fans of the that help me as well. The finale shall be very polished and give people everything that they could want- including over 200 bad ends and transformations! All my feedback has been 99.9% good, so if you have never tried one of my projects, give it a shot and I hope that you enjoy it!

sillybillybowilly

Apr 9, 2018
Can I get a non-spoiler order to do the hunts in? I guessed wrong and ended up at chapter 9. Based on dialogue the first is the mountain but that's smack in the middle of all the options so its not even a discernable order like left to right or such. Besides that major hiccup im having a lot of fun with the story so far. Very interesting characters!

Last edited:

Arrchman

May 16, 2020
Archimus - Thanks! This release originally came out in April, and I have got those particular bugs fixed at this point. In fact, by August the final release will go live to my investors! Still, I appreciate letting me know here (or in Discord) because one never knows what someone else may not have caught during this beta phase!
Is there a way to avoid the bug, other than becoming an investor? That bug allows one to discover stuff before one was supposed to (spoilers) and I would like to avoid it. :)

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Arrchman - Even in the current investor version, there are bugs and the ability to skip around in the beta. I'd personally recommend waiting until Halloween when I have finished the title completely and had ample time to polish and finalize it. Then you'll get that tried-and-true Anax experience that I strive to deliver just as I envisioned it to be! It may be worth the wait in your case!

Now, as an aside, if you do not mind the Story Mode, where it is all linear, I have indeed finished it up to chapter 20 in the current $5 tier, so, if you'd like to support all my hard work building the , then I certainly would appreciate it as that's my only income! However, either way, I am happy you are a fan and I think if you wait just a little longer, you're going to have an extraordinary time!

Reactions: Arrchman

Arrchman

May 16, 2020
The Anax - Thank you for your reply. I will wait then. As much as I would like to support your work, it would be unwise to do so when I don't have a surplus of money (it will, in a very likely manner, one day become a reality). :)

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I understand completely, and being poor but giving, this is why I always make my games free and share them! Yes, a person has to wait a jot of time, but in the end, they get to experience something I pour my soul into and I love sharing that with others!

But, as Hobs would say, if you become a millionaire, feel free to throw some o' the ol' dosh, my way! Mwa ha ha ha!

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Do you have to necessarily play as both protagonists or is there some kind of choice? Sorry I just like to know what I'm getting into and these multiple protagonists games always confuse me.

Last edited:

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Talion21 - It bounces back and forth every other chapter so that you see things from the perspective of the vampires and then what is happening with the female hunter, and then after chap 4 after every hunter chapter, you go on a monster hunt as her, which when completed you go back to being the vampire a chapter then her again, repeat.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Talion21 - It bounces back and forth every other chapter so that you see things from the perspective of the vampires and then what is happening with the female hunter, and then after chap 4 after every hunter chapter, you go on a monster hunt as her, which when completed you go back to being the vampire a chapter then her again, repeat.
Alright, Thanks for the clarification.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
hey nice story just played for the first time, one question the newest release here ends for me after asylum i thought you could do graveyard and museum also in this build am i missing something thx in advance.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes