SK+CZ

May 2, 2020
No, my sex scenes are images. I'm not too big on those Daz animations. I have to juggle quantity with quality, so there are over 3000 renders (300k words) in this project as of this public version, so I just do not have the time to make animations.

Reactions: The Anax

lightsword96

Nov 6, 2017
This would be probably one of the coolest and unique setting for an adult game I have seen on f95zone. I really appreciate the efforts the developer put into this game. In some way the stories and render are much better done compared to other Renpy games.
No, the releases MAY eventually have to go to Discord only. That is, if Patreon does not like something in any of my tales, what it looks like creators have to do is not link them directly on patreon posts, so since Discord connects to Patreon, that's the fallback plan if/when I offend someone. Otherwise, I will link them on Patreon for now. As far as public and Patreon releases go, the public on D:BB is always two chapters and a monster hunt behind, and don't get it until the patrons have the next full version.

As an example, $5 and up patrons have had access to everything including the Graveyard Hunt since Feb 28th. The public has had access to everything up to the Asylum since that same date. By the end of April, you, as a $5 patron will have access to everything up to the museum, and only at that point (basically two months later) the public will have access to what you have access to now. Hopefully, that explains it well!
You should consider other similar platform such as subscribestar (developer of DmD have used) in case of losing Patreon support. This allow the donors other way to support you beside Patreon.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Hey, am I supposed to do the monster hunts in any particular order? I read through the first three chapters, and after getting into the game proper, I went on the Asylum hunt. Did it, got back to the Sanctuary, and it skipped me all the way through to the end of the current story.

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Hey, am I supposed to do the monster hunts in any particular order? I read through the first three chapters, and after getting into the game proper, I went on the Asylum hunt. Did it, got back to the Sanctuary, and it skipped me all the way through to the end of the current story.
Some require the artifact you find in other hunts, but in general there's no limit on what you do when. The chapters make references assuming you did them top-to-bottom, left-to-right, so that can be confusing if you do them in a different order.

Reactions: Mustang Flex

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
This would be probably one of the coolest and unique setting for an adult game I have seen on f95zone. I really appreciate the efforts the developer put into this game. In some way the stories and render are much better done compared to other Renpy games.

You should consider other similar platform such as subscribestar (developer of DmD have used) in case of losing Patreon support. This allow the donors other way to support you beside Patreon.
That is most kind of you to say- and to suggest! What I meant about moving to Discord is that in some cases, all Patreon cares about is that one removes the links to the works from Patreon. If that's the case, my Patrons have the ability to link Discord and Patreon, and I would put the links in the appropriate Discord channel based on tier, but I might still look into SS as well. I am glad you are enjoying this latest project of mine! Also, I did not use Ren'py, rather, this is all built-in Twine like my other massive finished projects. Anyway, glad to make a new fan! Thanks again!

Mustang Flex - In this current beta, the game is allowing people to basically do the hunts however they want. Though as cell said, there are context clues via the story in Sanctuary. However, I am approaching the end of the tale (rendering the final two chapters as I type this), and in the final version, it will be such that you will automatically lose a hunt if you do not have the proper artifact for said hunt.

Originally, I planned to allow people to choose and then encounter impassable enemies somewhere along each hunt that require a certain artifact. However, the more I toyed with the idea and talked to my investors in Discord, the more it sounded as if many would find it annoying to be, in some cases, all the way to the end of the hunt, only to find the boss to be invulnerable. So, I decided to make it easier and if you go on a hunt you are not actually prepared for, you'll get an auto Bad End during the hunt's starting sequences.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
That is most kind of you to say- and to suggest! What I meant about moving to Discord is that in some cases, all Patreon cares about is that one removes the links to the works from Patreon. If that's the case, my Patrons have the ability to link Discord and Patreon, and I would put the links in the appropriate Discord channel based on tier, but I might still look into SS as well. I am glad you are enjoying this latest project of mine! Also, I did not use Ren'py, rather, this is all built-in Twine like my other massive finished projects. Anyway, glad to make a new fan! Thanks again!

Mustang Flex - In this current beta, the game is allowing people to basically do the hunts however they want. Though as cell said, there are context clues via the story in Sanctuary. However, I am approaching the end of the tale (rendering the final two chapters as I type this), and in the final version, it will be such that you will automatically lose a hunt if you do not have the proper artifact for said hunt.

Originally, I planned to allow people to choose and then encounter impassable enemies somewhere along each hunt that require a certain artifact. However, the more I toyed with the idea and talked to my investors in Discord, the more it sounded as if many would find it annoying to be, in some cases, all the way to the end of the hunt, only to find the boss to be invulnerable. So, I decided to make it easier and if you go on a hunt you are not actually prepared for, you'll get an auto Bad End during the hunt's starting sequences.
Thanks for the quick response. I assume then, that the game jumping from my first hunt all the way to chapter 15 wasn't supposed to happen? I should note that I was encountering what (I think) was a bug beforehand. I intentionally lost part way through my first run at it, and my inventory of potions and gold I had earned up to that point had carried over, essentially giving me more gold to buy items with than my initial budget (If that's supposed to happen, ignore this, I haven't been following along with development too much)

I'll poke around some more, do a different hunt, probably one of the first ones mentioned in the changelog, as I assume I won't need any specific artifact, and report back on whether or not skipping the rest of the chapters happens again.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Mustang Flex Thank you, but, these public releases are usually 2 months old with my patrons having access to the newest parts and testing them for me. This version that you have does have bugs and strange glitches, but, feel free to report whatever you find (personally, if possible I prefer in my "bugs" channel on Discord). Either way, you might find something no one else has encountered!

As far as losing and still retaining gold and such, I designed it that way as a sort of "Failsafe". That is, if a player fails on a hunt, I use it as a curve. They can keep their gains and try buying other items, and if they die again, they will be able to buy more items, and at some point with all potions, they will be walking gods and should be able to finish the hunt without dying. I will also be re-adding the "Give Up" option on hunts in the final release. Here is the order:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Mustang Flex

b12moguj

May 2, 2017
Got a bug, after completing the 1st hunt (ch. 5 I guess), the game skippend towards ch. 15.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
b12moguj I appreciate you letting me know, but in beta, especially this older graveyard version, there are no failsafe to the hunts, as I have needed people to test different things on them. It probably means that the hunt you chose to go on first, leads to Chapter 15 and not Chapter 5. If this is your first time playing, and you'd like to do the beta in order, click the spoiler tag on the post directly above yours, and thanks for playing!

Reactions: b12moguj

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Excellent, then it is working as it is supposed to as the Asylum should lead to Ch 15! Thank you very much!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
increals There are 2 chapters, 19 and 20, the final hunt, the epilogue, the creation of the story mode, the addition of the character unlocks, adding weapons to the house of haggle, creation of a strategy guide, and a couple of balancing tweaks, and she's all done. So, it shall be a while as that's a lot of content!

Ravencrone

Jul 18, 2017
increals There are 2 chapters, 19 and 20, the final hunt, the epilogue, the creation of the story mode, the addition of the character unlocks, adding weapons to the house of haggle, creation of a strategy guide, and a couple of balancing tweaks, and she's all done. So, it shall be a while as that's a lot of content!
Nice, i thought it's gonna finish after the vampire hunt considering we are close to that. Oh and can you make it so that everytime we finish a chapter we unlock every ending? I missed some on my save file and don't want to play from the beginning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe you only unlock ending on hunt if you finished it. But you can still miss some ending if you choose wrong answer in the chapter stories. Then again i played earlier version, ch asylum i think.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
The final release will require a new game anyway because of the character unlocks and new variables, however, I am making a story mode as mentioned above, so, playing that will require no need to worry about gameplay or trying to not miss any content. It will be linear and walk you through the entire tale unlocking everything along the way.

Reactions: Ravencrone

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
While playing through, I noticed broken image icons during combat for certain monsters starting with the sewers dungeon. I assume you are developing on Windows and an NTFS format filesystem so you may not notice that you have a number of filenaming inconsistencies that will only show up when running the html on a case sensitive filesystem. While NTFS respects file case when creating files, it ignores it on readback. So for example, AsylumAberration1IN.png and AsylumAberration1In.png can both read the same file just fine on NTFS, but they are considered two different files on Linux using the ext4 or btrfs filesystem.

At first, I thought it may just be a matter of fixing the filenames themselves on the filesystem, but it turns out that the html has multiple combat_image stanzas where the case is different such as in the AsylumAberration1IN.png example. I did a little grepping and emacs macro magic to extract the combat_image fragments and looked through the sorted list to find some culprits you can cut and paste into your editor search to fix:

Code:
AsylumAberration1In.png
AsylumAberration2In.png
AsylumBiterIn.png
AsylumBloodHoundIn.png
(a bunch more but your earlies chapters in the caverns, forest and mountains are consistent)
So, I quickly noticed a pattern develop where it is just the image files ending in xxxxIN.png out on the filesystem are specified in the html as both xxxxIN.png and xxxxIn.png. That will make your job much easier doing a global search and replace to quickly make the fixes. When I did this on your May 1 public release html, emacs made 144 replacements. I've attached the patched html file as a 7zip archive.

Last edited:

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
phupdup - Thanks for this, however, this public build is several behind now. What I will do, if you don't mind, to make this easier on me is send you the HTML file as I get to the final release and have you run this change on it, as there is no easy way for me to do this in Twine. It would take hours. So, if you'd be willing to help on that, I'd appreciate it.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I can certainly do that. However, you can easily do this for yourself by publishing your release candidate to an html file in Twine and then using a standard editor to do the search/replace (In.png to IN.png). The html output may look imposing since it has the entire Twine/sugarcube runtime dumped in front with a bunch of special characters such as << and >> escaped out the wazoo. You can then import this edited hmtl file back into Twine as a new project.

You are right about the Twine visual editing environment being a royal PITA. Other large Twine projects switched to the much more manageable Twee filesystem oriented environment due to collaboration or just plain old complexity (eg Free Cities and Perverted Education).

phupdup - Thanks for this, however, this public build is several behind now. What I will do, if you don't mind, to make this easier on me is send you the HTML file as I get to the final release and have you run this change on it, as there is no easy way for me to do this in Twine. It would take hours. So, if you'd be willing to help on that, I'd appreciate it.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ah, I misunderstood, I thought that you meant that I needed to change all the names of the files. However, if all I need to do is a find/replace for in.png to IN.png, Twine actually has that find/replace function. That will be an easy fix, so, I'll take care of it. Thank you, again!

Mathew joe

Feb 25, 2019
Can anyone tell me what to do here?? Please!. Its in the mountain.. Last summit.. I only have health potion, agility, doxy, focus, strength and power!!

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes