Ravencrone

Jul 18, 2017
Em do i have to make the hunts in some specific order, cause i completed the asylum hunt and it jumped to chapter 15, when i was barely in chapter 4
Before you go on a hunt make sure you talk to every people on sanctuary. That will give you hint where you should be. If i remember right, it will go like this : Mountain, Caverns, Forest, Sewers, Docks, Asylum.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Jane ^__^ - I am quite delighted to hear that you are enjoying my project here, feel free to check out all my other massive finished projects as well! Thank you for the kind words!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I hope that you find at least some part of my hard work to be entertaining! Since you may not have played my other titles, just know that this tale is but one of many in my Anaxverse.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Edited since I reread what was asked, I could probably add it, but with the next release being the final choosable hunt, it's a wee bit late at this point! But I may pop it in that one release for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Yarini666

Jan 29, 2020
I find this game attractive because of what I could read in the description, but I can't find a link to download the Android version

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Suit - Yes, sorry, I am multitasking writing chap 18 and rendering it, and did not read what you wrote clearly enough! lol

Yarini666 - You're always welcome to make such a version, as I have no idea what file compression system Android uses. However, as long as you have a way to unzip files on any device (for Windows computers we use WinZip, WinRar, 7z). then you should be able to play it on whatever web browser, I assume, an Android system uses.

Yarini666

Jan 29, 2020
Suit - Yes, sorry, I am multitasking writing chap 18 and rendering it, and did not read what you wrote clearly enough! lol

Yarini666 - You're always welcome to make such a version, as I have no idea what file compression system Android uses. However, as long as you have a way to unzip files on any device (for Windows computers we use WinZip, WinRar, 7z). then you should be able to play it on whatever web browser, I assume, an Android system uses.
I understand what you say, Android has applications to decompress also in fact I use winzip and 7z on my mobile, the issue is that when you download the game and unzip it the version that comes out is the window and I can not install the game on the mobile device

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Yarini666 You don't have to install anything at all. Like the installation instructions say, download, unzip, and play. It's an HTML file so it will just open automatically in your browser (I assume Chrome in your case)

MonkeyZero

Nov 6, 2017
this "GAME" is okay. I am not through the first chapter, but it seems to me it's all one direction and one path sort of story. I have yet to make any sort of meaningful choice other than to continue onto the next page.

The renders are all fine and dandy, but they are still shots where the game opens with an animated image.

The writing is good. No complaints here.

I'm playing with sound off cause everyone is asleep at my house right now.

Maybe I didn't give the game long enough before there started to be branching paths or the like, but what I've "PLAYED" is a little one way and passive "Just click link to continue" sort of deal. That more like a Novel than say a visual novel with branching paths.

I guess that sort of visual novel is called ADV for adventure and this is not that, or again, I just didn't play long enough.

I am going to wait a little while (6-12 months) before giving this another try. For now, I'll pass but hold final judgment which is really not as bad as it may sound at the moment.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
MonkeyZero - Yes, as stated on the main post, the game (aka monster hunts) starts after chapter 4 as that makes sense in the story. Unfortunately, you missed that! Also, this entire project, currently around 3000 scenes and 300,000 words, will be done likely by June in its entirety. Therefore, you needn't wait that long. It will have a story mode, which will work as you describe (linear), and this game mode that you have access to here with stats, items, inventory, buffs, debuffs, random monster fights and so on. Again, though, you made a quick judgment call, I am afraid to say.

That said, I am happy to hear that you enjoy my renders. Do not expect to see a plethora of animations as I am but one man creating all these- I think it's up to around 3000 renders for this one so far, and as onemight expect that is quite time consuming, so I try to find a balance between quality and quantity.

I am also glad you like my writing, as I am an author, so that's great to hear! Thanks for the well-meant feedback, it is very appreciated!

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
You should introduce a "Give up button" for instances wherein which we want to simply give up just to see the ensuing ending. I thought there was one in previous builds (I might be mistaken) in any event one does not appear present currently

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Spyderwraith

Yes, there was one, and it was removed once we made the Bad End unlocks, so that if one wins a hunt, they have access to all non-hidden BE's of said hunt, so that they may watch their favorite ones an infinite number of times at their leisure. However, we may put the Give Up button back in the game even though it's rendered mostly pointless, however, it will not be back in until likely he final release.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Would be nice to have keyboard navigation in hunt. Why does search need to be manual when you never not want to search? The story is great but the gameplay gives insane click fatigue

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
okokok - Worry not! The final release will have a linear story mode, meaning, no more fatigue or worry of searching and such! Also, glad to hear that you like the story! I think this is my second favorite, The Anax: Call of the Cursed One, of course, will probably always be my personal favorite of my many projects! Mwa ha ha ha!

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Found a bug. In the forest hunt if you return to the tile with the bridge where you fought Draeope and Lightfoot the compass isn't there so you're stuck. The back arrow won't help either if you got a random encounter walking onto the tile

Reactions: The Anax

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I played into chapter 2 and all i could do was to click continue at the end of each text. Will that change soon?
Otherwise this isn't for me since it hardly fits my definition of a game.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Klausus - I do not mean this to come off rude, as that is not at all my intention, but you clearly did not bother to read much of this thread, and most importantly you did not read the OP (original post). For your benefit, I will quote the very first post on this thread where you got the game, and yes this is absolutely a game by definition, the quote is:

"*Warning - the gameplay does not start until chapter four, this is an interactive novel so expect a LOT of reading! If you want something simpler, there are countless other games to play instead, and thank you! This is also a work in progress, so do not consider it done!*"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes