thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
No I am NOT doing an MTL. I was doing a manual translation however being an MTL was posted i am reconsidering whether there is a reason to continue.

I would of appreciated if the translator had asked me if i had abandoned the project to be honest. Seeing this thread was a major hit to my mood and i want to take some time to cool off before i make any decisions.
Please don't give up the translation progress, you have come this far so it would truly a waste to not finish the project. Me along with many want to see your translation of this game

cofer

Jul 28, 2017
Terrible MTL so far. Besides the usual "quality", the in-game menus are not translated, the city areas are not translated, etc.

Countless good games have already been ruined because of terrible MTL, which will now probably never get a proper translation. This game is just another victim.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Silentce I'm really sorry, it's completely my mistake, that I didn’t know that you didn’t make MTL. However, why don't you use this MTL to check your translation errors (compare blank untranslated lines) and finish your translation?
Using MTLs as a base is like cooking with a dirty pot. No matter how good the cook your soup is still tainted.

If i use i am not gettimg the true meaning behind the sentences. Might aound like im being a dick and apologies but that is a flawed way to translate. I learned that a long time ago. Manual from the aource is the only way to go

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
Silentce I'm really sorry, it's completely my mistake, that I didn’t know that you didn’t make MTL. However, why don't you use this MTL to check your translation errors (compare blank untranslated lines) and finish your translation?
Well, that is not really how it works. At least I do not think so, I am a beginner, but
I am currently working on translating a game and the batch file translation on translator++ is DEAD WRONG majority of the time, and even deepl translator (website, which is quite decent compared to everything I've seen) is wrong often when going line by line.
Ultimately I have to correct things by looking up kanji and grammar.

No translator program can really grasp what is happening in game and none of them look at the whole context.
Human involvement is pretty much mandatory.

Last edited:

Baemz

Sep 10, 2017
And now we are back to discouraging translators trough Machine Translations again.

I honestly hope we get to play Silentce's manual translation.

Its a shame. on the one hand, I prefer MTL over Japanese, on the other hand, if i can get a proper translation that is done with some love, just by waiting I would gladly pick the waiting. (Even if I have to wait a year).

The worst thing is, if he decidedes to stop because of this, we are stuck with this MTL forever.

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
No I am NOT doing an MTL. I was doing a manual translation however being an MTL was posted i am reconsidering whether there is a reason to continue.

I would of appreciated if the translator had asked me if i had abandoned the project to be honest. Seeing this thread was a major hit to my mood and i want to take some time to cool off before i make any decisions.
As someone who enjoys these Japanese games, I think proper translation can go a long way. Sure, a MTL could make it possible for an English speaker to play the game, but it doesn't make it enjoyable. The art and gameplay can only get you so far if you don't understand what most of the things mean/do and can't progress any further because of that or the fact that some scenes are completely butchered, therefore losing their appeal.

Having played some games translated by you before (for which I am grateful), I can safely say MTL is no match for them and I believe I'm speaking on the behalf of all players who enjoy quality text in games when I say: please, don't get discouraged. I also think a great deal of us would rather wait for your manual translation before playing, myself included; some might not even touch it after seeing it's MTL.

Nevertheless, your reaction is justified, it's completely up for you to decide what to do next and I respect your decision.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I wonder when and if MTLs will ever be good... I mean wouldn't it be possible to use some sort of AI to translate japanese to english in a way where it would actually rival true translations? You can't tell me this ain't possible when we can deepfake faces onto anything and everyone nowadays but a simple translation is still too much?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I wonder when and if MTLs will ever be good... I mean wouldn't it be possible to use some sort of AI to translate japanese to english in a way where it would actually rival true translations? You can't tell me this ain't possible when we can deepfake faces onto anything and everyone nowadays but a simple translation is still too much?
You vastly underestimate the complexity of the japanese language.

Feb 26, 2018
Well it is a long shot but if there would be a program that quite accurately find only dialogues and such and that would feed the AI that translates with a few previous lines "in memory".

There might be enough material as in translation between languages to have enough of a database to translate semi effectively. and there might be also enough translated smut so it works for hentai too.

But we are rather farm from that since well, wankers ain't really wealthy, and when they are, they don't really spend money to fund the wankers of our future.

So the AI translation might only be half decent at best and finding enough funding for such a thing is quite unlikely...
PLUS I rather have genetically engineered cat girls funded instead.
nekoclap.gif

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Besides the usual "quality", the in-game menus are not translated
I understand that this is not beautiful, but images are not necessarily translated according to the forum's rules. Plus, they're all intuitive anyway. If anyone has time to translate all the images, let them do it.

The city areas are not translated.
They and pickup messages in this game were not supported by the Translator++. Before that, I thought that they are also images. But looking in the source JS files, I found that it was not. I am already working on fixing this cases for all games developed on RPGM MV engine.

Countless good games have already been ruined because of terrible MTL, which will now probably never get a proper translation. This game is just another victim.
Some games have too much text and will never achieve a quality manual translation.
Take a game "The Pregcess of Zeven" as an example.
Even serious companies will never translate such a game, even though it has a good storyline and a lot of scenes.
Therefore, those who want to wait for a normal translation, they can do it (maybe endlessly). That's all.

listen

Aug 30, 2017

Don't stop with the translation, I can't play MTLs.

SakuraKoi

Oct 22, 2020
Using MTLs as a base is like cooking with a dirty pot. No matter how good the cook your soup is still tainted.
But some dirt is good for your stomach! If you grow up without ever challenging your immune system, you are doomed when it is actually challenged!

Not that this applies to MTL thou'
Download textractor then, case closed
Yeah, MTL only makes sense where one can not easily hook&play (some games just spam text and I can never figure out how to stop that...) but this game is afaik not one of them for I can recall enjoying it.
You vastly underestimate the complexity of the japanese language.
Or, well, language in general. In theory it is still possible thou'... for languages that do not rely on context, implications and reading between the lines. Japanese is one of those who do.
PLUS I rather have genetically engineered cat girls funded instead.
I concur

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Unless your AI can translate the CONTEXT behind the words, forget it.

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes