VN Ren'Py Abandoned Desires & Power: A Dark World [v0.1] [DarkFire VNs]

DarkFire VNs

[Desires & Power : A Dark World] Dev
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just out of interest, what's your native language? If I may be so bold as to guess I'd go with an eastern european language.
That's...a lot. But thanks for pointing these things out. I appreciate your feedback and the time you spent in writing all of this.
As i said, English is not my native language and while i am trying my best to not make mistakes, it's clear that there is lot of improvement needed.
As for my native language, it's Urdu/Hind. I am from a South Asian country.
I will try to fix these mistakes and avoid them in future.
And Code name "Agent" is intentional because it is connected with story. You will know her real code name in future.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
That's...a lot. But thanks for pointing these things out. I appreciate your feedback and the time you spent in writing all of this.
As i said, English is not my native language and while i am trying my best to not make mistakes, it's clear that there is lot of improvement needed.
As for my native language, it's Urdu/Hind. I am from a South Asian country.
I will try to fix these mistakes and avoid them in future.
And Code name "Agent" is intentional because it is connected with story. You will know her real code name in future.
Not to start imitating the Americans and their ignorance but... That's spoken in India and (I assume) the surrounding countries, right?

• Angry
Reactions: Xia Liu Bei

DarkFire VNs

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
Not to start imitating the Americans and their ignorance but... That's spoken in India and (I assume) the surrounding countries, right?
Correct. And I am from one of those 'surrounding' countries. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Reactions: zeraligator

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
The setup is good but I'm having a hard time relating to the mc after the flashback. He looks Less like a person scheming revenge and more like a fuckboy without any care or responsibility. I don't know if it's the clothes or the hairstyle or maybe the general appearance as a whole.

DarkFire VNs

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
The setup is good but I'm having a hard time relating to the mc after the flashback. He looks Less like a person scheming revenge and more like a fuckboy without any care or responsibility. I don't know if it's the clothes or the hairstyle or maybe the general appearance as a whole.
Yeah, I get what you mean. That's kinda the whole idea, though. You don't wanna stroll into enemy territory all menacing and trigger-happy if you're playing some secret game, right? The MC's appearance after the flashback is intentional. He's trying to blend in, be inconspicuous. Maybe it's the clothes, the hairstyle, or just his overall vibe that's throwing you off. But trust me, there's more to him than meets the eye. Keep playing, and you'll see how his scheme unfolds. It's gonna be a wild ride!

furball8994

Feb 18, 2020
Yeah, I get what you mean. That's kinda the whole idea, though. You don't wanna stroll into enemy territory all menacing and trigger-happy if you're playing some secret game, right? The MC's appearance after the flashback is intentional. He's trying to blend in, be inconspicuous. Maybe it's the clothes, the hairstyle, or just his overall vibe that's throwing you off. But trust me, there's more to him than meets the eye. Keep playing, and you'll see how his scheme unfolds. It's gonna be a wild ride!
Well it looks like you did a very good job. You even fooled some players. (y):ROFLMAO:

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
That was quick, quicker than it takes me to cum in quick shot mode.

Jokes aide.
That culture patch mentions incest, but its clear the MC doesnt have any sister and his parents are dead O_O.
I cant really gague what the MC is doing in the city, and his talk about secrets? Is he trying to unravel the divinci code or something. We get no insight in to what he actually went through in medic rehabilitation.

Cant really see how the agent part is relevant, or the assination part is relevant. Unless they were just character introductions. Guess having a 5 min game does that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkFire VNs

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
The English is pretty decent. The beginning with the Agent and up to when MC arrives at the school, there is a noticeable problem with missing articles in the grammar. There are quite a few spots where the definitive article 'the' should proceed the noun, and several where the indefinite articles 'a' or 'an' are either also applicable (context isn't clear of it should be "an X" or "the X" but definitely one of those) or just needed. Like the look of MC longer hair + beard is way uncommon, and matches me irl so I dig it.

No romantic interactions yet( in my playthrough) , depending on how MC is there (loving/caring) will determine if I continue.

Last edited:

DarkFire VNs

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
That was quick, quicker than it takes me to cum in quick shot mode.

Jokes aide.
That culture patch mentions incest, but its clear the MC doesnt have any sister and his parents are dead O_O.
I cant really gague what the MC is doing in the city, and his talk about secrets? Is he trying to unravel the divinci code or something. We get no insight in to what he actually went through in medic rehabilitation.

Cant really see how the agent part is relevant, or the assination part is relevant. Unless they were just character introductions. Guess having a 5 min game does that.
Haha, that joke was a good one! It definitely caught me by surprise. I mean, lasting longer than fifteen minutes in "quick shot mode"? Impressive!
Your humor adds a playful touch to the feedback, and I appreciate that.

Just to clarify, I want to make it clear that I'm not offended in any way. On the contrary, I enjoyed both the humor and the feedback you provided. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Regarding the mention of incest patch, I understand your concern. Rest assured, the game's story will progress, and plot twists will come into play before delving into that aspect. As for the MC's family background, it's intentionally left ambiguous for now. After all, the MC did survive, so who knows what surprises might await in terms of family connections? Keep playing to uncover the secrets!

Events shown in this initial version serve the dual purpose of introducing the characters and establishing the foundation of the story. These events are interconnected and will lay the groundwork for what's to come in future versions. I apologize if the backstory given in v0.1 feels limited, but fear not! More parts of the backstory will be revealed in subsequent versions. I've already made decisions regarding the game's content and have outlined the overall story, along with many key events. So, stay tuned for the exciting developments ahead! And once again, sorry if v0.1 turned out to be shorter than expected.

DarkFire VNs

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
Exciting Update: Progress on v0.2 and Your Valuable Feedback!

Hey there, my incredible supporters!

I wanted to give you a quick update on the progress of "Desires & Power: A Dark World" and let you know that I've already started working on version 0.2. After releasing the first version, I took the time to listen to your feedback and address any issues brought to my attention.

I want to assure you that I've made an effort to fix all the English-related issues in the first release, including the last name issue in conversations with the dean. I've also edited the post to make sure all the necessary information is included and made some adjustments to the tags to avoid any confusion.

Furthermore, I've taken note of your questions and have tried my best to provide answers to the best of my abilities. I understand that the story may seem a bit confusing at the moment, but remember that story progression is a significant aspect of this game. While it will contain various sexual content, it will all be tied to the progression of the story. So, it's not a "Click start and start fucking" game.

Moving on to version 0.2, I aim to make it more lengthy than the first release. This update will further advance the story and may even reveal some intriguing backstories. Get ready to meet new characters and explore additional love interests along the way!

Now, I've mentioned before that I'll try to post updates every 3 to 4 months. However, I want to emphasize that 4 months is the worst-case scenario, and I'll do my utmost to bring you updates even sooner than that. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

I'm fully aware that this is just the first release, and it wouldn't be wise to have high expectations. But I sincerely hope that my , which currently has zero patrons, will attract a few subscribers. Your moral and financial support is what will motivate me to keep developing this game further. So, please consider supporting me on if you can.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or send me a direct message. I'm here to address any concerns you may have.

Wishing you all thrilling adventures and plenty of enjoyment. Thank you for your continued support!

Warm regards,

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
just finished playing this .. VN ..
1st of all you should have really released it after you've had some content with the MC, flashbacks and background stories and what not ... are ... not really interesting without the involvement of the MC or at least some info on how they are related to MC .. right now .. I didn't "connect" wiith any of those characters, their death or troubles or whatever happened to me .. meant nothing to me.. there's no impact ...
also having to play the MC for less than 20% of the content of the current release iis ... yeah...
that possibly is just my take on iit but .. wouldn't be surprised if I found others thinking like that
there isn't really enough content to "judge" it or give a educated answer , as of this time, maybe with the next update, granted it needs to be a hella alot longer and include MC a bit longer than 20% of the content ...
also the patch is currently not needed... unless dev has hidden the only scene where we don't see the mom and the dad behnd the patch ...
also a piece of advice DarkFire VNs if this VNs version is on patreon I suggest removing it and reuploading it after you've removed any traces of the taboo patch ... for now that patch does ... nothing and more so if anyone from that site checks your VN and sees what you wrote you'll get the ban hammer .. pretty damn fast,
keep creating the taboo patch but don't mention it anywhere on your patreon page , not even in game.
with that being said .. I'm curious to see next update .. just to make some sense of it if nothing else...
sure we've seen some interesting characters but ... yeah that's were it stops..

DarkFire VNs

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
just finished playing this .. VN ..
1st of all you should have really released it after you've had some content with the MC, flashbacks and background stories and what not ... are ... not really interesting without the involvement of the MC or at least some info on how they are related to MC .. right now .. I didn't "connect" wiith any of those characters, their death or troubles or whatever happened to me .. meant nothing to me.. there's no impact ...
also having to play the MC for less than 20% of the content of the current release iis ... yeah...
that possibly is just my take on iit but .. wouldn't be surprised if I found others thinking like that
there isn't really enough content to "judge" it or give a educated answer , as of this time, maybe with the next update, granted it needs to be a hella alot longer and include MC a bit longer than 20% of the content ...
also the patch is currently not needed... unless dev has hidden the only scene where we don't see the mom and the dad behnd the patch ...
also a piece of advice DarkFire VNs if this VNs version is on patreon I suggest removing it and reuploading it after you've removed any traces of the taboo patch ... for now that patch does ... nothing and more so if anyone from that site checks your VN and sees what you wrote you'll get the ban hammer .. pretty damn fast,
keep creating the taboo patch but don't mention it anywhere on your patreon page , not even in game.
with that being said .. I'm curious to see next update .. just to make some sense of it if nothing else...
sure we've seen some interesting characters but ... yeah that's were it stops..
You are right. I didn't really felt that things are not connected because I actually knew what the connection was when creating the content. But other's might see these events as just some random occurings. Maybe not the best way to start my VN but it's still my first attempt so I hope to get better with time and experience.
But these events are connected and you will get to know more about that in future. And you will be playing as MC almost 85% to 90% in all the next updates as prologue has already concluded. And yes I aim to make next update longer than the first one.

And as for the.... other issues.... I have made some adjustments both inside the game and on my posts both here and on Patreon page. So hopefully Thor will keep his hammer away from my VN.

Reactions: BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
You are right. I didn't really felt that things are not connected because I actually knew what the connection was when creating the content. But other's might see these events as just some random occurings. Maybe not the best way to start my VN but it's still my first attempt so I hope to get better with time and experience.
But these events are connected and you will get to know more about that in future. And you will be playing as MC almost 85% to 90% in all the next updates as prologue has already concluded. And yes I aim to make next update longer than the first one.

And as for the.... other issues.... I have made some adjustments both inside the game and on my posts both here and on Patreon page. So hopefully Thor will keep his hammer away from my VN.
glad to hear it , both for VN and for patreon
hope iit gets better... even though the 1st impression was... a miss :p

Sizus

Feb 5, 2023
I didn't play because not a fan of the prologue but after looking through the tags I can only think it's gonna be fun and I hope the dev will come up with a great plot, too.
Anyway good luck Dev I'm looking forward to it

• Red Heart

DarkFire VNs

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022

Dear Patrons and Supporters,

I hope you're all doing well. Today, I need to share some news that's not easy for me, and I'm sure it won't be easy for you either. But I believe in keeping you informed about what's happening with our visual novel journey.

I've been hard at work on the next version of "Desires & Power: A Dark World," aiming to make it even better than before. I've fixed the typos, cleaned up the grammar, and sorted out various bugs. I've even added music and sound effects to make the experience more immersive. And I've improved the graphics in the renders, adding better lighting and environmental settings.

In this upcoming version, you'll meet three new love interests, the story will continue to unfold, and you'll discover two background story scenes. I was genuinely proud of the progress.

However, life sometimes throws unexpected challenges our way. Recently, my laptop suffered a catastrophic blow due to a sudden spike in electricity which caused damage to the battery and circuits. It won't turn on, and despite trying to get it repaired, the damage seems too severe and costly to fix. Unfortunately, I don't have the financial means to get it repaired or buy a new system right now.

This news is tough to bear, especially because I was so passionate about sharing this unique story with you all. My VN was set to offer a range of kinks and genres, and it pains me to put it on hold.

Additionally, I want to share that this situation has not only affected the visual novel but also caused significant disruptions in my educational life. My degree program involves several programming courses, and without a working laptop, I'm unable to keep up with my studies and assignments. This unforeseen setback has created a challenging learning environment, adding to the weight of this situation.

I can't predict when I'll have access to a new system or if I'll get the chance to continue our VN. The uncertainty is daunting, and this "goodbye for now" is heavy-hearted.

I want to sincerely apologize to all of you who were eagerly waiting for the next chapter of our story. Your support and enthusiasm mean a lot, and I'm deeply grateful for your understanding during this challenging time.

I hope that one day, when circumstances allow, I can return to this project and see it through. Until then, thank you for being a part of this journey.

Warm regards,

DarkFire VNs.