RPGM Abandoned Despair Labyrinth: Ransom of Elynsor [v0.09] [Takimaru]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
I remember when I was on the hella old Legend Of Krystal forum boards when I first played this game. Seeing how this was before the Patreon boom, KITamaru, that was his name on those boards at the time, was constantly being hounded by people asking for updates despite this was a pure hobby. It got to the point he said "f-- it" and left one third finished. Did not know about the RP boards though.

Deerinheadlights

Sep 25, 2020
This game and Mario is missing on LoK was the beginning of my rabbit hole to H games. Thought this was picked back up for a second but I guess the creator just does RP now?

Since it has its own established RP world I wonder if a fan could make a game as a spiritual successor? But I don't think I ever heard of a dropped project being picked up again so thats wishful thinking. Welp time to replay this gem.

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Oh wow, now this is a classic. While it was never finished, I think this was still one of the better H-Games even by today's standards.
Just the sheer fact it has a variety of characters which aren't just copy/pastes is impressive. Picking a different character leads to different, well, things. Sure the overall flow of the game might be the same, but the dialogue and stuff being character unique is great.

It's a shame it was probably just too much. I would've really loved to see where this would've gone. Like if the adventurers you didn't pick would still show up, they would just be in NPC roles or something.

T1M0

Nov 15, 2017
Thats the game that started my long journey into H-Game degeneracy years ago. Still has a space on my hard drive after all this time. Shame that it was abandoned.

Reactions: allenandarth

leadspyke

Nov 10, 2019
Yeah there's only about an hour and half of content. Maybe more/less depending on the girl. I just did a run as the witch and that's how long it took with casual poking about. I sort of remember all the girls were roughly the same content wise.

lolzw00t

Sep 12, 2021
Heh a lot of us seem to have started round these games :p Truly was wonderful experience for one of the first H games played. And yeah a lot of the content is shared but they still had decent unique content for each character. Was sad to see it dropped but i get the dev.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Man, this is ancient. And completely unfinished, basically only the prologue. Don't expect too much of a story.
But, it's really good. If I remember correctly, the author was mostly just interested in writing smut, and he did a good job of it.
It does definitely have a little bit of sub-plot for each of the heroines. A clear recommendation. It might not be finished, but it is worth one's time.

PinkyFoa

Sep 29, 2018
To any of you young shits who have never played this one definitely check it out. This was writing at its finest but the dev definitely reached too far with a SHITLOAD of protagonists who all reacted differently to different situations. It starts out very rapey but every protag "gets into it" eventually. I would put corruption in as a tag.

randombbl

Aug 30, 2017
Great game, takes me back to the LoK forums. Was the first game to introduce me to a corruption mechanic. Sadly its very much abandoned. Shame considering the dev posted some WIP scenes with new enemies that were never released.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes