RPGM Completed Despite cheating you are corrupted and reverse r*ped in this rougelike-like game [Final] [RR Research Society]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just too early in, but nothing I've seen so far can be describes as Roguelike. There's no noticeable element of randomness. The maps are tiny, the only map drops I've encountered are coins, there are no resources to manage, your shop and inventory has a very small pool of items with a fixed carry limit for each item, and almost no customization whatsoever. Like I wasn't expecting MaiDenSnowEve from the preview, but man this thing is bare bones.
And the difficulty level they're talking about? Utter bullshit. The enemies are literally too dumb to path their way around a rock. As long as you don't accidentally get cornered, you'll safely navigate each level. The boss fights themselves are pretty poorly balanced and uninteresting. You basically run around playing keep away and pray they don't accidentally stun lock you. There's no room for strategy and variability because of how limited your options are.

Reactions: ScionOfGoldenFlame

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Thank you again sportsfan for doing another translation of RR Society's games... Do you ever plan to do Moon Reunion?
Taking a look at it. Problem is that game has some more functions built in which makes things more difficult to translate and not break animations.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
You can tell the translation is hyper literal but its very readable and easy to understand. The h scenes are decent for lack of good dialogue in terms of translation. The story cutscenes suck so the choppy English barely matters.
Thank you for the info. I like a good story with my games though, is there anybody working on making a better translation yet?

Bro, I hope you understand I'm not going to take the opinion of someone who uses the expression "beta male" seriously.
He meant to say "Submissive". Reverse R. is the best kink since face sitting :)

Reactions: LAKueiJin

Kild

Aug 18, 2019
For some reason mission 2-4 doesn't allow me to start it anyone else have this bug? Or is there something I need to do?
Edit: Nevermind just needed to get to chapter 3 and do the cutscenes

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Maybe I'm just too early in, but nothing I've seen so far can be describes as Roguelike.
I'll mildly agree. This isn't ADOM or Nethack where you'd spend hundreds of hours exploring the mechanics and possibilities... But IMO this game is only short randomly generated maps to be considered a roguelite. The feel is definitely here.

Keep in mind this is one of RR's early works, and the guys have the balls to make games with entirely new mechanics every time. Maybe try out Ason's WIP, the simmering blacksmith (typo intended).

Anyway, thanks a bunch sportsfan30 , much appreciated! I'm glad you liked the recommendation from back then.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I'll mildly agree. This isn't ADOM or Nethack where you'd spend hundreds of hours exploring the mechanics and possibilities... But IMO this game is only short randomly generated maps to be considered a roguelite. The feel is definitely here.

Keep in mind this is one of RR's early works, and the guys have the balls to make games with entirely new mechanics every time. Maybe try out Ason's WIP, the simmering blacksmith (typo intended).

Anyway, thanks a bunch sportsfan30 , much appreciated! I'm glad you liked the recommendation from back then.
I'll give it a look. What's the gameplay like? From the screenshots, I can only tell it's a dungeon crawler.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I'll give it a look. What's the gameplay like? From the screenshots, I can only tell it's a dungeon crawler.
It is: turn-based random dungeon crawler, worth trying out. Not groundbreaking, but a quality, fun game in the making.
Don't bother reading the reviews (as is often the case).

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
It is: turn-based random dungeon crawler, worth trying out. Not groundbreaking, but a quality, fun game in the making.
Don't bother reading the reviews (as is often the case).
I'm confused, what do you mean don't read the reviews?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Is there a surrender option for the enemies? Trying to get all the scenes but doesn't seem like there is an option.
The best you can do is lower the hell out of your level. When you beat the game, debug mode should be unlocked, allowing you to set the enemy levels to much higher than your own. As far as I can tell though, each generic enemy only has like one scene and the bosses have like two.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Is there a surrender option for the enemies? Trying to get all the scenes but doesn't seem like there is an option.
Hit the L key before being grabbed. This will lower your health and make it easy to lose.

Also if you hit the G key it will/should one shot every enemy on screen.

SylvieRose

Jan 27, 2021
You guys have seen nothing, my favorite game title from this doujin circle is:
" "

...bravo!

also, rogue-like and rogueLITE are not exactly the same thing guys (but this game fails at being both anyways lol)

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes