nonospot

May 15, 2020
This could look promising if it wasn't such a mess...
-Art is nice but scripts are so bad, some CGs won't load as they are not is the defined folder...
-As stated by many, text speed is slow, it wouldn't be that much a bother if there wasn't the addition of blanks : making you wonder if a script didn't launch or if you need to wait or click.
-Grammar is bad, from the small typo, to the huge pronoun confusion : no space after $heroname, "he" instead of "she", - making you wonder who is actually talking, - and "your" instead of "you're" so many times. When some sentence's structures try to mimic an archaic stylistic, you don't use the elided form of be, especially not the a possessive. Maybe something like "thou art"...
- The grind is not so logical, you need to actually repeat some events to progress, but right now, it's unclear which one as you have sometimes no indication whatsoever.

It actually "works" on joiplay too, but with the same problems as above.

Reactions: Kubitschek

MondSoldat

Jan 8, 2018
"Fixed a few game-breaking bugs found by the community"
Oh man, a few down! That means only how many to go?

Seriously, I have followed this game for a frankly embarrassing amount of time, and never once have I managed to get through an update's content with no issues. I wanna love it so bad, but hellfire. Always something.

MINORU_758

Aug 4, 2018
the game is on v3.1 acctualy, i think the game have no big changes
"Fixed a few game-breaking bugs found by the community"
Oh man, a few down! That means only how many to go?

Seriously, I have followed this game for a frankly embarrassing amount of time, and never once have I managed to get through an update's content with no issues. I wanna love it so bad, but hellfire. Always something.
Man, I understand you, I even joined paying at least $2 a month, I only managed to play up to 3.0, and holy shit, too many bugs and too little content.

Nosferatu00

Oct 1, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/CG/sit/sit 2.jpg'>:
  File "game/scripts/story/overlord/kiss.rpy", line 94, in script
    scene Sit2 with fade
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/CG/sit/sit 2.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/story/overlord/kiss.rpy", line 94, in script
    scene Sit2 with fade
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 180, in render
    renpy.display.render.render(self.transitions[-1], width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Users\cliente\Documents\My Games\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/CG/sit/sit 2.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Project Horn 2.9
Wed Sep 08 23:58:12 2021
pls help

Larsung

May 29, 2018
Please rate it write there and safe others, so that those deciever dont get money from clueless people!!

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
i remember someone accouple pages back said this game might be saved if they turn it into a visual novel i tend to agree scrap the open world coz you suck at it just make it a ongoing story with chapters

Chapter 1 prologue
Chapter 2 getting to know her
Chapter 3 introduce the other characters
Chapter 4 etc etc etc

coz as the game is going now its just an on going joke that we all make fun of please take my advice and change the game

call it Despot Desires remake

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Anyone remember that old Newgrounds animation using the Blind Guardian song, The Bard's Song? The banner image is givin' me some crazy nostalgia.
You have my respect, sir.

lamer4312

Sep 30, 2017
guys when she is about to read the book, game shows error ''while loading ... jpg'' what is the solution

The Fabled

Nov 22, 2019
ok i can't take it any fricking more i have to come out and say it. The mini-game in the library really need a tweak i mean it good but I can't see Wtf i am doing wrong but appearently one piece is in the wrong spot and it's not the first time this has happened. 9 times out of 10 it a piece that should matter what side it is on since they both have the same color on the tile either give it a number counter of correct tiles in place or recode it to where the tiles that have the same texture and color don't matter which side it is on (Yeah i know this is a bit of me being a small child over something so small but since it is requred to move the Nun's story along i would like if it functioned abit better haveing it to where ever piece needs to be in a spicific spot is not just annoying but a giantic pain i would say in the as but that leaves me open to someone else joke :p ) so please tweak it. Capture.PNG

well now i'm perma stuck and have to start all over Capture 2.PNG Capture 2A.PNG

hope this helps if you need the entire text file for it can bring it up for ya

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom Marine

lamer4312

Sep 30, 2017
ok i can't take it any fricking more i have to come out and say it. The mini-game in the library really need a tweak i mean it good but I can't see Wtf i am doing wrong but appearently one piece is in the wrong spot and it's not the first time this has happened. 9 times out of 10 it a piece that should matter what side it is on since they both have the same color on the tile either give it a number counter of correct tiles in place or recode it to where the tiles that have the same texture and color don't matter which side it is on (Yeah i know this is a bit of me being a small child over something so small but since it is requred to move the Nun's story along i would like if it functioned abit better haveing it to where ever piece needs to be in a spicific spot is not just annoying but a giantic pain i would say in the as but that leaves me open to someone else joke :p ) so please tweak it. View attachment 1395977

well now i'm perma stuck and have to start all over View attachment 1396054 View attachment 1396055

hope this helps if you need the entire text file for it can bring it up for ya
this is the same error that ı got but mine shows up when she reads the book

The Fabled

Nov 22, 2019
this is the same error that ı got but mine shows up when she reads the book
she starts to read the book as you see she says once upon a time then the error pops up ignoreing it doesn't work you just get anouther error (i tried multipile ignores still more errors pop.) rolling back does but your not going anywhere just back to the previous text (will require multipule rollbacks if you clicked mutiple ignores) and that's not progress. the only thing that i know of now that can fix this is starting over but not progressing miss overloads story till we get a permanet fix unless there is a file we forgot to get then that's on us being big-dumbs.

Hello1013012

May 24, 2020
I don't mean to sound like I'm defending the creator because "you all are wrong", but I'm not hating on them either, but at least give the creator some time... making a game, updating a game, and finishing a game; does take time and having people keep asking you to "hurry up" or that "their content is shit/sucks" is very demoralizing...

this demoralization can lead to depression, which then makes the developer want to avoid the game BECAUSE it will make them more depressed, or at least make them hate the project

at the very least, could you just say you wish for better content, but don't be all that harsh to the developer...

once again, I'm saying this from a NEUTRAL perspective, and I have seen developers quit their game, or project because of situations like this...
After replaying the game, scrap everything I said, i never played on the PC, only mobile, so i thought maybe the mobile version was worse.... it wasn't.

1.) Game needs an entire rework/overhaul, the game is literally a 10-20 minute "game" that has no real content. minigames for helping with the Farm and Armory only NOW exists, so there was nothing to do but click/tap for so about 3 years.

2.) WAY to glitchy to play. 90% of the time the game crashes due to a renpy error in the code, or just straight CRASHES and closes

3.) Not enough effort put on from the developer. the game gets about 1-2 minutes of playtime each update, but "WE" never hear anything from the developer (unless they do on the discord, but im not in their server) until the next update, or an occasional message. but we haven't heard about anything like, "hey so far this update is (85)% done, which will contain A, B, C, and a secret scene that can be unlocked....." kind of shit

all im saying is after replaying, (which I didn't do for almost a year-and-a-half) is that this game needs more from the developer. im not saying slave away or anything, but at least communicate with us about the content being worked on or finished so far in the future update.

2.10 star(s) 29 Votes