Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
Little man went though the same problems so the dev did a re release of the game and its bin in a better place ever since this NEEDS the same just start over take what you've learned ( or not considering each update has only made this game more unplayable ) and start a new i and others are done being nice about this the dev need the hard truth

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Despot Desires [v2.90]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Despot Desires [v2.90]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Italian translation
of Despot Desires [v2.80]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Despot Desires [v2.80]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Updated: 2021-09-08
Version: 2.90

Reactions: Mario8080
Dec 26, 2019
sooo, i started having problems with the name of my character which causes the game to crash whenever i try to play the field minigame? anybody knows how to fix this or let the dev know?
here's the crash message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/story/charsi/charsi.rpy", line 208, in script call
call screen strip
File "game/scripts/story/charsi/charsi.rpy", line 235, in script call
call screen strip
File "game/scripts/story/coraline/undress.rpy", line 14, in script
$ persistent.cor_undress_02 = true
File "game/scripts/story/coraline/undress.rpy", line 14, in <module>
NameError: name 'true' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call screen strip
call screen strip
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Cosas\PRIVADO (2020)\GAMES\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Cosas\PRIVADO (2020)\GAMES\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Project Horn 2.9
Thu Sep 09 14:47:24 2021

Last edited:

Strados

Jan 15, 2019
I played this a long time ago and it feels like nothing changed. There's like no progress with the girls except for a couple of images and then nothing happens. That or I messed something cause the mini games go nowhere in terms of more scenes.

The Fabled

Nov 22, 2019
sooo, i started having problems with the name of my character which causes the game to crash whenever i try to play the field minigame? anybody knows how to fix this or let the dev know?
here's the crash message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
call screen strip
call screen strip

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call screen strip
call screen strip
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Cosas\PRIVADO (2020)\GAMES\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Cosas\PRIVADO (2020)\GAMES\Despot_Desires-2.9-win\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Project Horn 2.9
Thu Sep 09 14:47:24 2021
had that issue clicked ignore once i let me play. the crash that i haven't been able to get passed is the auto trigger cut-scene when you have chated with miss overlord and she will try to read a book for you then a crash occures which you can't get pst with ignore i have even reported the bug with scene shots on discord today hopefully it will be fixed

Reactions: Menacing_Nut_173

NikoHello

Oct 3, 2018
I played this a long time ago and it feels like nothing changed. There's like no progress with the girls except for a couple of images and then nothing happens. That or I messed something cause the mini games go nowhere in terms of more scenes.
Progress has been made. I've seen it. It's just been progressing backwards over the course of this year.

I'm ever so slightly optimistic, because I'm stupid. Maybe this recent update is a sign for a bright future. I really really want to like the game, it just needs to actually have more content after months of updates (and bug fixes) if they're going to have a patreon.

Azaerus

Nov 6, 2018
So I'd agree with a lot of your sentiment except for 4 points.

1) This is RenPy. He's not developing an engine from scratch. A lot of the work with Renpy is simply artwork and story telling. A lot of his planned features are actually easily located in Ren'py Assets. Even if he doesn't want to use the assets on there, if he's struggling that much to make his code work, he should scrap the code and at least go based off another's foundation. Or hire a coder.

2) His mental state means nothing to those people who are giving him actual cash. People work out of their day to earn money, and they decide to grant him a token of their wealth to him. I can understand if this was a passion project, but it clearly isn't. His funds he collects are there for himself. His lack of transparency and infrequent updates (and lack of progress) does tend to lend to people having a negative view.

3) If he's incapable of delivering a product to the standards expected of his customers, then he has dramatically oversold himself.
Stefan Molyneux was also a developer fond of overselling his product and making promises he couldn't keep.

4) The development of this game is longer than most game companies with professional teams have to develop quarter-billion dollar games. At some point it becomes a joke to people. If the guy can't handle it, he really should step off and cancel the game, gain some experience and come back.

As a final note, the only ones that truly cares about you are friends and family. Expecting strangers to care is weird.

Hello1013012

May 24, 2020
"As a final note, the only ones that truly cares about you are friends and family. Expecting strangers to care is weird."

1.) I'm not looking for clout or support... I haven't played this game in almost a year and a half. im 20 years old, internet publicity is not my thing, no ig, no fb, nothing.

2.) reread the last message I sent. when i said

"1.) Game needs an entire rework/overhaul, the game is literally a 10-20 minute "game" that has no real content. minigames for helping with the Farm and Armory only NOW exists, so there was nothing to do but click/tap for so about 3 years.

2.) WAY to glitchy to play. 90% of the time the game crashes due to a renpy error in the code, or just straight CRASHES and closes"

I'm aware its renpy, that means it is easier to code, than 90% of games, i also state that its unplayable, and minigames don't help too much.

3.) I was expecting the game to be less buggy, since its been a year and a half, and instead became an actual shitstorm and even worse to play.

4.) I made the last post on the realization people were ACTUALLY paying money for a, at most, 5¢ game; and that this is a pay-me-money-while-I-do-nothing-until-people-become-outraged game

Reactions: hisstoryman

Azaerus

Nov 6, 2018
Ah, I apologize. I was replying to your comment from page 28, not your last comment, haha. I was working forward, and clicked quick reply. For whatever reason, fatigue or distraction, I never ended up looking forward. My apologies. - I didn't even get to the last page to see you reply and basically retract your statement. (If you click the little up-arrow where it's quoting from, it shows you what specific comment someone replied to.) - I agree with your further statements wholeheartedly.

Reactions: Hello1013012

Motordeath

Nov 16, 2019
View attachment 515074

Overview:
The Kutawala Crystal stone passed down through the Ages as Myth, Legend; A beautiful female Overlord bent on ending the human race, and a Hero trying to understand it all. Time doesn't matter but does Love?
Learn more about the Ancient Gem, join the hero in capturing the "Evil" Overload, then, build their lives in love or Burn it all in Lust, you choose.​

Thread Updated: 2021-09-08
Release Date: 2021-07-02
Developer: The Armory Sword - -
Censored: No.
Version: 2.90
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Planned features:

Online UI Updates:
DOWNLOAD
Win - Lin: - MEGA - - - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: - -
Android (2.72): - -
Other: Compressed*

* This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 324302 View attachment 598818 View attachment 598819 View attachment 598820 View attachment 598821 View attachment 598822 View attachment 598823 View attachment 598824 View attachment 598825 View attachment 598826 View attachment 598828 View attachment 598829 View attachment 598830 View attachment 598827
How is this progressing? because I don't know how long I've been "reading" with the nun and helping the "demon" clean up and I still haven't unlocked anything it seems

Kiugra

Aug 23, 2020
this is an unofficial android port Despot Desires [v2.90] APK - MEGA

Man you're a legend, whenever there's a game i want to play and it doesn't have an android version you come and save the day, thanks

May 20, 2021
So I'd agree with a lot of your sentiment except for 4 points.

1) This is RenPy. He's not developing an engine from scratch. A lot of the work with Renpy is simply artwork and story telling. A lot of his planned features are actually easily located in Ren'py Assets. Even if he doesn't want to use the assets on there, if he's struggling that much to make his code work, he should scrap the code and at least go based off another's foundation. Or hire a coder.

2) His mental state means nothing to those people who are giving him actual cash. People work out of their day to earn money, and they decide to grant him a token of their wealth to him. I can understand if this was a passion project, but it clearly isn't. His funds he collects are there for himself. His lack of transparency and infrequent updates (and lack of progress) does tend to lend to people having a negative view.

3) If he's incapable of delivering a product to the standards expected of his customers, then he has dramatically oversold himself.
Stefan Molyneux was also a developer fond of overselling his product and making promises he couldn't keep.

4) The development of this game is longer than most game companies with professional teams have to develop quarter-billion dollar games. At some point it becomes a joke to people. If the guy can't handle it, he really should step off and cancel the game, gain some experience and come back.

As a final note, the only ones that truly cares about you are friends and family. Expecting strangers to care is weird.
I remember some content being removed as well many updates ago. If he is using Patreon it is likely that they made him censor something and he quietly censored the game without saying anything. There was a option to rape the demon lord in the beginning of the game that vanished. People are too quick to give game devs money.

2.10 star(s) 29 Votes