testoviron

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
Stuck at the Police thread.
I had obtained two promotions. Completely corrupted Rachel, Gianna, Jayden, Tommie (100/100 corruption)
The option to talk with Rachel doesn't appear. What else am I supposed to do?
After the 2nd promotion you have to do all the missions as a superhero. When you defeat the super sovietgirl and the final explosion occurs then during the next visit to the police station there will be an option to talk to Rachel and go to jail.
cant find ranco this is a save from this version
Use the main character's computer

Reactions: dexasz

jonas132

Aug 13, 2019
If you know a method how to fix it tell me.
I'm not sure if that sounds like passive-aggressive ignorance, or a genuine ask for help, but I'll assume 2nd option.
(But how did you never wonder how other twine devs doing updates that don't break saves?)

The lazy option is to create a variable for the game version and put the check somewhere in the game like some hub location: if the variable is not initialized or indicates the previous version, you initialize all variables you introduced in the new update, and set the game version var to the new one.
A bit better is not only to update for the new version but have a function that initializes variables from all previous updates, depending on the version variable.
A cool and advanced method is not just to put this function in the game, but to trigger it with the event Save.onLoad.add . You can read about Save API that sugar cube provides, as there is a lot of cool stuff you can do with saves.

Or, you can just see what others do. Download some games, maybe even copy some code. Not everyone provides save compatibility, but many do. And so should you and there are no excuses for engine, just for your skill.

SLUTNUT

Sep 18, 2017
hello guys, i'm stuck here and i don't know how to finish the superhero quest
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, why is there a scat tag ? is this for something at the very end of the update or is it for the toilet in hospital ?

Last edited:

testoviron

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
I'm not sure if that sounds like passive-aggressive ignorance, or a genuine ask for help, but I'll assume 2nd option.
(But how did you never wonder how other twine devs doing updates that don't break saves?)

The lazy option is to create a variable for the game version and put the check somewhere in the game like some hub location: if the variable is not initialized or indicates the previous version, you initialize all variables you introduced in the new update, and set the game version var to the new one.
A bit better is not only to update for the new version but have a function that initializes variables from all previous updates, depending on the version variable.
A cool and advanced method is not just to put this function in the game, but to trigger it with the event Save.onLoad.add . You can read about Save API that sugar cube provides, as there is a lot of cool stuff you can do with saves.

Or, you can just see what others do. Download some games, maybe even copy some code. Not everyone provides save compatibility, but many do. And so should you and there are no excuses for engine, just for your skill.
Thanks for the reply, I will definitely look into it and try to implement it in the near future!
and where is that?
Entering the main character's computer, which is located in his bedroom, you will find there the option to buy a ranch. Once you buy the rancho you will find a horse stables, the moment you develop it to the maximum you will find what you are looking for.
hello guys, i'm stuck here and i don't know how to finish the superhero quest
Also, why is there a scat tag ? is this for something at the very end of the update or is it for the toilet in hospital ?
Each subsequent task as a superhero is less likely to succeed. Just keep repeating the task until you manage to pass it, you can always use the arrows in the upper left corner to not waste time.

I added this tag because in the strange house - location that you'll unlock later there are several scenes where fake shit was used.

Reactions: SLUTNUT

Snoopy_H

May 30, 2018
Entering the main character's computer, which is located in his bedroom, you will find there the option to buy a ranch. Once you buy the rancho you will find a horse stables, the moment you develop it to the maximum you will find what you are looking for
I downloaded the latest version, started after the strange house, finished the nursing home and the hypnosis stuff went to the pc and there is no option there

your content is an absolute maze and if you do not specificly know what to do, you will not get there, savegames aren't compatible but you still think a walkthrough isnt needed???????? I don't get it ....

how long do I need to ask questions here before I get an answer that I can work with?

dercas

Dec 6, 2018
If anonfile doesn't seems to work, you can try other website like "Gofile" or "Pixeldrain." My main problem about Mega is that if you don't pay for a large amount of storage with them they can actually close the entire browser if they see that the file imported is really large.
I use them constantly. That's why I feel justified in paying for a subscription. I use it to import when I'm searching for stuff and then I don't have to find things again if I'm on one of my other 3 devices. Just my 2 cents.

dexasz

Oct 6, 2017
After the 2nd promotion you have to do all the missions as a superhero. When you defeat the super sovietgirl and the final explosion occurs then during the next visit to the police station there will be an option to talk to Rachel and go to jail.

Use the main character's computer
Huh. The option to fight as a superhero doesn't appear. I started a new save and selected, "after the police thread", apparently you're also supposed to unlock Kendra, yet for some reason, I did not.

Edit: I edited "policeofficer4" variable from "false", to "true", and the option to work as a super hero suddenly appeared. Maybe a bug? Or have I managed to break the game for some reason? :D

Last edited:

testoviron

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
Huh. The option to fight as a superhero doesn't appear. I started a new save and selected, "after the police thread", apparently you're also supposed to unlock Kendra, yet for some reason, I did not.

Edit: I edited "policeofficer4" variable from "false", to "true", and the option to work as a super hero suddenly appeared. Maybe a bug? Or have I managed to break the game for some reason? :D
When patrolling and using the "fight againts crime" option in one of the tasks, Kendra appears and is thus unlocked.
After you are promoted and talk to Rachel before the option to become a superhero unlocks, you must go to the headmistress of the university and use her laptop to order a costume. Everything is written at the very bottom of the scene. Only then does the option at the police station appear.
So save from 0.77 dont work in 0.78 ?
So someone can give save?
For the moment, no. For the time being, I have updated the online version and the saves
made there will work in future versions. As for the version that can be downloaded only from the next version will be compatible with saves from future versions.
I downloaded the latest version, started after the strange house, finished the nursing home and the hypnosis stuff went to the pc and there is no option there

your content is an absolute maze and if you do not specificly know what to do, you will not get there, savegames aren't compatible but you still think a walkthrough isnt needed???????? I don't get it ....

how long do I need to ask questions here before I get an answer that I can work with?
wut.jpg
Are you sure you're doing everything right? Screen from a while ago from the online version, on earlier pages also was taken up the topic of ranch and to others it works, so the problem is on your side.
From the next version saves will already be compatible with subsequent versions.
Virtually every action you need to perform is straightforwardly communicated to you in the last line of dialogue of the character or in the last sentence of the narrator, just take a look at the last sentence and in 99% of cases you will know what to do next. Don't forget that this is a sandbox game, not a linear one.

Reactions: jonas132

Snoopy_H

May 30, 2018
wut.jpg
Are you sure you're doing everything right? Screen from a while ago from the online version, on earlier pages also was taken up the topic of ranch and to others it works, so the problem is on your side.
From the next version saves will already be compatible with subsequent versions.
Virtually every action you need to perform is straightforwardly communicated to you in the last line of dialogue of the character or in the last sentence of the narrator, just take a look at the last sentence and in 99% of cases you will know what to do next. Don't forget that this is a sandbox game, not a linear one.
as said, I downloaded the latest version and picked the start from after the strange house, nothing else, there's no option

testoviron

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
as said, I downloaded the latest version and picked the start from after the strange house, nothing else, there's no option
Hmmm, then maybe you only downloaded version 0.77 and forgot to download update from 0.77 to 0.78?

Hrea_

Nov 5, 2017
Good day, here is a mirror to V0.78. because i hate mega download limit.

Win v0.78:

Reactions: AFuckingFox

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Destroyer-0.79
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

2.40 star(s) 35 Votes