Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
I feel conflicted as I type this. On the one hand, I realize Patreon is a creator's patron site and nothing is actually promised, and all of the money donated is just that, donations in hopes that the developer can use it to fund their projects and at the end of the day that may or may not happen. On the other hand however, there should be some sort of system that holds creators like this accountable. I remember at one time when I was subbing to him on Patreon that he was bringing in about $3000 a month at least just from Patreon. As of right now, it appears he has 1332 people subbing to him. This man fell off the map without so much as a "see ya." When he was uploading, it was very spread out at best and we wouldn't hear from him for months until we'd randomly get an update talking about how "speed was his energy" and then the following month or so, we would get an update. Instead of admitting that he had prematurely blew his load with all the characters he introduced and couldn't think of anything else, he just decided to get pissy with everyone and leave while still taking everyone's money. I realize this site doesn't make him any money but one would think that Patreon would have the same guidelines in effect as F95zone. He is still raking in money on Patreon and the last post from him was regarding another crossover promotion for "Ripples" back in March 2023. Version 1.0 still has not been released and this actually was promised by the end of 2022. When it gets to this point Patreon should mark it as abandoned and cut off the funding for the project.

Thank you for enduring my rant.

Apr 2, 2021
I feel conflicted as I type this. On the one hand, I realize Patreon is a creator's patron site and nothing is actually promised, and all of the money donated is just that, donations in hopes that the developer can use it to fund their projects and at the end of the day that may or may not happen. On the other hand however, there should be some sort of system that holds creators like this accountable. I remember at one time when I was subbing to him on Patreon that he was bringing in about $3000 a month at least just from Patreon. As of right now, it appears he has 1332 people subbing to him. This man fell off the map without so much as a "see ya." When he was uploading, it was very spread out at best and we wouldn't hear from him for months until we'd randomly get an update talking about how "speed was his energy" and then the following month or so, we would get an update. Instead of admitting that he had prematurely blew his load with all the characters he introduced and couldn't think of anything else, he just decided to get pissy with everyone and leave while still taking everyone's money. I realize this site doesn't make him any money but one would think that Patreon would have the same guidelines in effect as F95zone. He is still raking in money on Patreon and the last post from him was regarding another crossover promotion for "Ripples" back in March 2023. Version 1.0 still has not been released and this actually was promised by the end of 2022. When it gets to this point Patreon should mark it as abandoned and cut off the funding for the project.

That's the whole point - why sweat yourself releasing contents when you can actually do nothing and still earn money? All he has to do is show his face once every few months, make some fake promises and people will pay for his bills. Until they realized nothing is being delivered it's already too late. Some will even keep on subscribing because they already put in some money and cannot accept the fact that they have been scammed, so they are just betting he will come back one day. Even until today you go to his discord there are still idiots defending him by saying he may be secretly working on the game and just don't feel like talking, and calling anyone toxic if they ask why no update. The existence of such people is the reason why this dev dare to ghost for months and break his promises time after time.

Jazzzzz

Sep 20, 2021
someone please share save file from previous update, game got corrupted had to re download, dont want to start from start

Anmuxi

Jul 5, 2021

It's unfortunate and disappointing that Patron doesn't have a reporting and complaints mechanism, which is very bad.:cautious:

Reactions: Temphere69

Inex33

Jun 20, 2018
It’s sad but it’s the people that lets these kinda devs get away with it. I’m sure if people just pay the month that update comes out, we’d see more regular updates. There are good devs out there that communicates a lot thought, those i’d support.

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
That's the whole point - why sweat yourself releasing contents when you can actually do nothing and still earn money? All he has to do is show his face once every few months, make some fake promises and people will pay for his bills. Until they realized nothing is being delivered it's already too late. Some will even keep on subscribing because they already put in some money and cannot accept the fact that they have been scammed, so they are just betting he will come back one day. Even until today you go to his discord there are still idiots defending him by saying he may be secretly working on the game and just don't feel like talking, and calling anyone toxic if they ask why no update. The existence of such people is the reason why this dev dare to ghost for months and break his promises time after time.
I remember before the last update there was a dude on his discord who verbatim said "I know he only replies to me because I'm a 50$ tier Patron", and it was among the saddest shit I have ever read in my life. Parasociality and sunk cost combined together makes ppl do dumb shit, huh.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Please note: if I see a number of posts that seem to indicate a belief that the dev has explicitly abandoned this game, I'll repost my note about that again. That said, I don't disagree with those who feel the game has been implicitly abandoned; I just feel the need to clarify things for those that don't dig through the past pages.

My own feeling? It's entirely likely that the dev, if he actually went to try to close out a "season 1", realized that it was next to impossible to do so in any clean manner, and decided to push everything out indefinitely while he either tried to figure out how to bring open items to some sort of closure, how to rewrite everything to make things more coherent, or even just sat back to see how long he keeps getting money from his patrons. (Note: I am not a patron, so for all I know he's stopped actual charging on Patreon, as some creators do if they hit a rough patch where they aren't creating. I am however assuming that has not happened.)

I won't say this will never see another update of some sort. I wouldn't hold my breath for it, though.

tranxx4

Oct 28, 2021
Please note: if I see a number of posts that seem to indicate a belief that the dev has explicitly abandoned this game, I'll repost my note about that again. That said, I don't disagree with those who feel the game has been implicitly abandoned; I just feel the need to clarify things for those that don't dig through the past pages.

My own feeling? It's entirely likely that the dev, if he actually went to try to close out a "season 1", realized that it was next to impossible to do so in any clean manner, and decided to push everything out indefinitely while he either tried to figure out how to bring open items to some sort of closure, how to rewrite everything to make things more coherent, or even just sat back to see how long he keeps getting money from his patrons. (Note: I am not a patron, so for all I know he's stopped actual charging on Patreon, as some creators do if they hit a rough patch where they aren't creating. I am however assuming that has not happened.)

I won't say this will never see another update of some sort. I wouldn't hold my breath for it, though.
As for stopping charges on patreon, no, he has not.

I could see the abandonment coming from miles away, especially since he hasn't posted anything on his itch page in over a year. The latest release posted about there was 0.7, and the latest public release was 0.6.10, which was posted June 10, 2022. No idea when his newest comment was over there, since any post in the comments more than a year old simply says "over a year ago".

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
1690061193234.png

if you compare his end-of-the-month peaks, he's lost about 600 patrons since april when he peaked at around 2.2k

these devs are the reason patreon should add a clause that doesnt allow blatant scamming

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
maybe he's just feeling stressed out from the expectations, delivering is hard that way. I'll keep an eye on the thread, it's a good game and while I would suspend patronage (not a patron myself either), I won't give up hope. It's not like waiting would cost me anything...
if expectations feel overwhelming, he needs to hire ppl to work on areas he feels lacking in. ah, but that would mean less money, eh?

he had multiple posts on discord (before i got banned lol) where he said hes not good at coding which hinders his progress (allegedly), and there were multiple ppl offering to help him for free, and he was like "ye thx bud maybe after season one is finished". this was in february, before the last 10 minute, bug-riddled joke of an update. the update, that according to the dev, was "ready in last september".

he doesnt deserve the benefit of doubt. please, go play pale carnations and support gil&td instead of this dude.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes