VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviant Desires [v0.5] [PingPanda]

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Like I said, I would not know how to do what you just explained. :p
It's a feature available in Notepad++ a program than many people use, even those who are not developers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A simple version is even available in Windows notepad.

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
It's a feature available in Notepad++ a program than many people use, even those who are not developers.

A simple version is even available in Windows notepad.
Yeah, I get the find/replace process. I just wouldn't know which file to open in Notepad++ in the first place. If you point me in the right direction, I could give it a try. :)

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
So another update with no significant content added. This is what, the 5th or 6th one in the past 9-12 months and we basically are at the same place we were back then.
I got a photoshoot with my little roommate.

T-N

Aug 22, 2018
anybody else keep getting put in the gym? talk to landlady, in the gym. talk to roommate, then i'm in the gym. the conversation is there just not the graphics

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Yeah, I get the find/replace process. I just wouldn't know which file to open in Notepad++ in the first place. If you point me in the right direction, I could give it a try. :)
Well, the point is, you don't need to specify a file. If you're developing a thing (or fixing one), you just specify the root directory of it. The search and replace will then search every file in that directory, and all subdirectories. That's why it's such an awesome tool.

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
Well, the point is, you don't need to specify a file. If you're developing a thing (or fixing one), you just specify the root directory of it. The search and replace will then search every file in that directory, and all subdirectories. That's why it's such an awesome tool.
AHHHHHH! I get it!

You da' man! (y)

Reactions: PixelRepublic

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I've fixed about 20+ bugs so far and i'm not that good at renpy. I would get an error report then fix it. Reload and run. Play one route at a time starting with younger sister, then older sister, and finally the mom. After that, started on aunt content. That's how I would do dominant or love paths on either one.

Now, I am stuck at the love path with younger sis with not getting into the studio after getting the camera.
NO event with aunt at all.
NO event with cousin. (Didn't expect any)
Mom's story is stuck after job interview since I can't talk to the principal.
Older sister's gym path seems badly glitched at "end of content" with cod and returns to menu.
It seems the dominant path with younger sister has an "end of content" notice.

There's a reason I didn't update the OP while testing this. I feel we don't gain any new content, really. It's more of a slight redo especially with aunt's path but the aunt content seems cut. I'm struggling to think how the mom, older sis, and younger sis paths really show any progress? I honestly think this entire game has seriously regressed. Like it's gonna get another "remaster" and with less content.

PingPanda do yourself a favor and get some testers with a critical eye to guide you with this game. It would help you make a more positive impression. Just read the last few pages. It's bugs after bugs and bugfix after bugfix. Your renders are good, the story is interesting, but the execution is honestly where you need help.

Last edited:

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I've fixed about 20+ bugs so far and i'm not that good at renpy.
Now, I am stuck at the love path with younger sis with not getting into the studio after getting the camera.
NO event with aunt at all.
NO event with cousin. (Didn't expect any)
Mom's story is stuck after job interview since I can't talk to the principal.
Older sister's gym path seems glitched but seems to be "end of content".
Dominant path with younger sister has "end of content" notice.
I read all that, and what didn't enter my head was "what the fuck is going on with this game". What did enter my head was "Yup... not surprised".

Can any of us be surprised given this games amazingly questionable beginning?

I'm just sitting here, enjoying the show that is this thread, it's kinda fun.

Reactions: Lerd0 and SoiCowboy

monopz

Jul 31, 2017
This seems like one of those games that might be pretty good in 2-3 years with how little content is put into each update.

Mikey Mike

Feb 18, 2018
I haven't played in a while cause of the bugs but is there any sex yet, or is this game another Unlucky Mark?

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
despite trying to navigate through the bugs, i probably saw a few new minor scene and that's it i don't see any new progress and then it crashes.

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
Maybe i have a hint for the studio bug.
I edited my save from :
Code:
ys_studio_started == 0
ys_0_5_story_start == 0
to
Code:
ys_studio_started == 4
ys_0_5_story_start == 2
Hope this helps someone ;)
You got me curious. I looked at my save and my ys_studio_started == 11.Any ideas?

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
Lotta potential. Good renders. interface isn;t half bad, well written dialogue. Fix the bugs maybe?

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
Two bugs
First on every once in a while after complimenting someone at the table you end up with the hall scene stuck on the screen instead of the dinner table. You have to reload to fix it.

If you go to the bunny lounge and choose leave and come back another night you get an error
NameError: os_visited_work_bar_bar is not defined it is in bunny_lounge.rpy line 558

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Laptop crashes when you click on it as it's looking for WEBP pictures and the pictures in the item/image folder are all PNG. Had to use Xnconvert to convert the PNG files to WEBP files. Also looking for mom_certificates_i.webp but is spelled m_certificates_i.webp.

Restarted game and now it is searching for .PNG versions of the files.

Last edited:
2.40 star(s) 16 Votes