VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviant Desires [v0.5] [PingPanda]

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes

idontu

Sep 17, 2016
A lot of this criticism would be avoided if you had released this game at a much later stage of development. This game is not even a skeleton, it is a ribcage and maybe a spine.

A lot of people here are tired of the .0.0.1 version games being released with patreon links everywhere in the game just to be disappointed a few months down the road. It is a pretty obvious problem in this (rather new) industry. Coming on to a forum that is very used to this sort of thing and calling us mean for making some valid points just makes me less confident in your ability to finish out this project.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
A lot of this criticism would be avoided if you had released this game at a much later stage of development. This game is not even a skeleton, it is a ribcage and maybe a spine.

A lot of people here are tired of the .0.0.1 version games being released with patreon links everywhere in the game just to be disappointed a few months down the road. It is a pretty obvious problem in this (rather new) industry. Coming on to a forum that is very used to this sort of thing and calling us mean for making some valid points just makes me less confident in your ability to finish out this project.
The reason it was released the way it was is because I already had patrons waiting & didn't want to go more than a month without giving them a release, so v0.0.1 took me a month to do, hence why there was so little.

Reactions: RWaites

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
@PingPanda, I personally feel like you're looking at the wrong sort of comments, you should always know never to read that sort of stuff and instead look more towards constructive criticism and feedback. I personally liked Family Matters and even like Deviant Desires, and understand that games take time as i've dived into it myself at times.

From one panda to another, stick around. We're going extinct you know.

idontu

Sep 17, 2016
The reason it was released the way it was is because I already had patrons waiting & didn't want to go more than a month without giving them a release, so v0.0.1 took me a month to do, hence why there was so little.

Code:
If you are a creator and no longer wish to charge your patrons, you can switch your account to "patron only" - which will let you keep your account. If you are a patron, you can delete any active pledges you have by deleting any active pledges. If you want to go one step further you can delete the payment method on file.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016

You know what makes me less confident in your ability to judge a good quality item from a bad? The fact that you can't seperate a 0.1 version of one game on the forum from another. Worse yet, that you make excuses for others who do the same as you. And then you have the audicity to yell at some dev who is spending their time trying to make a game, and who has asked for constructive criticism, instead of the usual anonymous Pile O'Sjit that people feel free to say, just because someone can't smack them in the mouth if they said it in person.

Now, with all that being said, and to prove a point, it's not nice or fair to rant on one person for what the majority of people may do (you get the point here hopefully). Is DD good? In it's current statte, no. Is the dev actually trying? It appears so, and for those who complain about milking.. Unless you individually are PAYING a dev, then give up on bitching about it. Go back to 4chan, there are more like you there than here. All you're doing is showing how petty and entitled you are.

If you're getting shit for free, and the vast majority of us are, and you want dev's to come here and actively listen (even though they are technically losing money from all of us not contributing individually) then be constructive. Take time to point out what is not working and offer suggestions how to fix it.

Throwing out insults about a game or dev, without any sort of feedback they can use, makes you no better than a monkey flinging shit simply because they can.

idontu

Sep 17, 2016
You know what makes me less confident in your ability to judge a good quality item from a bad? The fact that you can't seperate a 0.1 version of one game on the forum from another. Worse yet, that you make excuses for others who do the same as you. And then you have the audicity to yell at some dev
Lots to deconstruct here. I'm not sure what game you're referencing, this game is barebones. I didn't yell at the dev, I simply stated how I felt about this game and others in a similar situation.

who is spending their time trying to make a game, and who has asked for constructive criticism, instead of the usual anonymous Pile O'Sjit that people feel free to say, just because someone can't smack them in the mouth if they said it in person.
They are not donating their time for free, this is a game that is earning money for the creator.

Now, with all that being said, and to prove a point, it's not nice or fair to rant on one person for what the majority of people may do (you get the point here hopefully). Is DD good? In it's current statte, no. Is the dev actually trying? It appears so, and for those who complain about milking.. Unless you individually are PAYING a dev, then give up on bitching about it. Go back to 4chan, there are more like you there than here. All you're doing is showing how petty and entitled you are.
I completely missed your point here. You agree that this game is not good and that milking is a problem in this industry, but it's seemingly not a problem because other people do it, and then proceed to call me a 4chan troll. ?

If you're getting shit for free, and the vast majority of us are, and you want dev's to come here and actively listen (even though they are technically losing money from all of us not contributing individually) then be constructive. Take time to point out what is not working and offer suggestions how to fix it.
If someone pirates a piece of content it is very likely that they would not have paid for it to begin with. All this is is free promotion for the game. In no way does this thread or any thread on this site cost the developers money. If anything, a percentage of the people that enjoy the game here will go on to become patrons of the creator.

Throwing out insults about a game or dev, without any sort of feedback they can use, makes you no better than a monkey flinging shit simply because they can.
I did not insult the dev, I simply stated my opinions, which is that this game should have been released way later than it actually was.

Reactions: zero1234

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
Anyway, what I mean to say is, give me criticism all you want, just be nice about it.
This is a problem you should deal with yourself, some people are more passionate than others, some don't have a way with words, it's up to you to filter out what's toxic and what's lack of eloquence, then figure out why people are acting a certain way toward your work: is it because you gave something they loved and then took it away? Is it because you made a release too early and there's not enough content to compare to your previous work?

I don't agree with people saying you should ignore "trolls" or mean comments, sometimes they do have important stuff to say and you can figure out a thing or two, you don't have to act on everything, but you can listen and try to understand from where people are coming from.

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
Been reading through these last few pages. I get why it was released so bare boned. It would be frustrating to be a patron and feel like absolutely nothing was getting done. I personally feel like this has a lot of potential and am looking forward to more. Just wondering though, is the incest version on patreon as well or is this a patched version? If the incest version is also on patreon I feel giving the dev a heads up is in order. Patreon pages with incest games are getting picked off left and right. Better to deal with it now before you get to far into the development. If this has already been dealt with, than carry on and keep doing what you're doing. Like it so far.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I'm seeing a lot of negativity here, hence why I never post, personally, I hate the forum and hate a majority of people on it, there are a lot of really nice people however, and for those I'm thankful.
The main thing to remember is very few people have a 'filter' here. There will be people who love your work, hate your work, and everything in between. You'll get praise, criticism and the odd insult (but we do try to remove these).

A lot of developers like this, because they're able to receive feedback from a much wider audience. However, remember to take everything with a pinch of salt, and not every comment is worth responding to or even worth reading.

Onto your game; I really enjoyed Family Matters, and I hope Deviant Desires gets to that point and hopefully even exceeds it. Remember to not take criticism too personally and don't try and please everyone, as that's impossible. From Family Matters it's clear you're able to produce good content so just focus on making things better and checking out the constructive criticism whilst trying to ignore everything else.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
The main thing to remember is very few people have a 'filter' here. There will be people who love your work, hate your work, and everything in between. You'll get praise, criticism and the odd insult (but we do try to remove these).

A lot of developers like this, because they're able to receive feedback from a much wider audience. However, remember to take everything with a pinch of salt, and not every comment is worth responding to or even worth reading.

Onto your game; I really enjoyed Family Matters, and I hope Deviant Desires gets to that point and hopefully even exceeds it. Remember to not take criticism too personally and don't try and please everyone, as that's impossible. From Family Matters it's clear you're able to produce good content so just focus on making things better and checking out the constructive criticism whilst trying to ignore everything else.
I couldn't have said it better, Sam.

@PingPanda, I look forward to your future endeavors. Good luck with your game!

Darkblue006

May 17, 2017
I like most games like this, only thing I really like to know when playing them is when I reached the end of the content.. some games it took me a week to realize I was already there and other games a week to figure out I wasn't lol

Reactions: Bite Me LLZ

dutchpete

Jun 11, 2017
@PingPanda
Sorry for the rather impolite comments by some people.
As I understand it, this game is still in an early stage and I like it so far and am curious about further developments.
Build your game and tell your story.
Some will like it, some won`t.
Take these words of comfort by the American philosopher Harry Callahan:
Opinions are like assholes, everbody's got one

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
@PingPanda
Sorry for the rather impolite comments by some people.
As I understand it, this game is still in an early stage and I like it so far and am curious about further developments.
Build your game and tell your story.
Some will like it, some won`t.
Take these words of comfort by the American philosopher Harry Callahan:
Opinions are like assholes, everbody's got one
yeah... you've made my day :evilsmile:

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
one thing that bothered me, the text says mom is showering when she is quite clearly bathing in a bathtub heh.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Shoxlover

Oct 16, 2017
Cheers =] I always get sucked in my toxic comments, it's the same when I'm playing Rocket League, that game is full of toxic people and I can't help but take it personally, even though all they're trying to do is knock me a lil so I play bad, but it always works.
Speaking as someone who works in an industry where comments can be absolutely volatile at times, you are really going to have to learn to just let those roll off your shoulder man. Just trust me, holding on to what's said or lashing out and saying what you WANT to say are not good ideas. Just ignore the hate and use the valid criticisms to improve.

Anyways, onto my thoughts.

I think this game shows some good promise and just a couple of little things would have even just helped in this barebones version. I am a fan of domination so I liked that I could earn that or love, but I would have liked for it to have been a bit more clear where those might eventually lead and it felt weird to get the domination in the bathroom, be warned and then still be able to get it every time. I was expecting them to have a different reaction the second time and maybe the domination go down, there just didn't seem to be any consequences that I feel are necessary when you have that kind of system. It also felt really weird to be playing the game after the older sister knew you saw her but she didn't confront you. I think even just a popup when you got to the end of the update that said, "You've reached the end of this version of the game. Thanks for playing. Feel free to continue playing around until the next update."

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how doable any of that was in the time that you had. I just think they would have gone a long way. Looking forward to future updates and seeing where things go. I really wanna dom mom and teach the older sis a lesson :evilsmile:

Loopus

Aug 15, 2017
Follow your vision, Panda, don't rely to much on other peoples opinion. Even your critics like your art style, it's the core feature of every adult game, so obviously you're good to go. Give us content, then you will find your patreons. Try to please them all and you will get lost.

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes