VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviant Desires [v0.5] [PingPanda]

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
I feel like every month I'm stuck in the same loop that I can't get out of.

Do people really prefer Family Matters?

Cast you vote and make it final!

i played the two games and for me, Family Matters is better but that doesn't mean Deviant Desires is a bad game
i think if the updates are faster like man of the house or it has a decent content after a while it will be an amazing game imo, I say do what your heart tells you to do :)

Reactions: Jill Valentine

f95zone

Jul 27, 2017
I think Family Matters is currently the better game simply because it had more content at this stage. In hindsight it probably would have been better to simply continue with FM. Sandbox games have a lot of overhead until you have the systems running and you need alot of events to fill them otherwise the game feels empty. You spent quite a lot of time to get to this point where the two are +/- equal on content. But whats done is done. The question now is: What to do next? In my opinion you should do what you are more passionate about. Otherwise this won't work out no matter how that poll ends. If it's neither, so be it (I hope not). Addendum: I don't think its people hating DD. It's people liking FM that don't see why DD was worth the wait (yet?).

Reactions: PingPanda and KiGa

Risen3247

Nov 10, 2017

I've played both and enjoyed the time spent with them for different reasons, although I'm not a big NTR fan, they are both good. That being said, you are the dev and as such must decide on which one you want to put your time & effort into if you only want to concentrate on a single project. Pick the one you like the most and try to make the best game you can out of it, and if people disagree or don't like it, oh well. You can't please all of the people all of the time, so please yourself first and let the chips fall where they may. At any rate, good luck with whichever you choose, will be looking forward to playing it.

Reactions: PingPanda

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017

Up until the previous release, DD was just mechanics with no actual content, of course you've put a lot of time and effort into implementing everything, but without content there's nothing to play... so I think that's why people felt like it was a step back, you went from something to nothing.

This update brought DD to about the same amount of content FM had, you just need to keep filling the game out and it will soon feel better than FM.

DD has a lot more potential, don't get discouraged now.

Reactions: RAMW and N7

Kir_Laurentis

Dec 2, 2017
Hello.
I think we should remember that Deviant Desires is an alpha version of the game and do not have to complain that there is not enough content in the game, and wait for the development of the story. In my opinion, the game has potential.
And by the way, Family Matters also had little content at the beginning, right?

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
is there no full screen mode in the game?
just pusch the "F" on the kybord and you have a full screen mode

the worst thing about the game is when you look at mom TV and she sleep in he says "i think now time to go to bed" WTF? no try to touch her? no try to see anything or something else ??? what should that??? and you only see them in the evening in front of the TV ?? is already sad

arnel19702017

Dec 5, 2017

pardon me but isn't deviant-desires just an updated/rebooted version of family matters, or am I wrong on that?
personally I don't see the deference in this 2 games :)

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
pardon me but isn't deviant-desires just an updated/rebooted version of family matters, or am I wrong on that?
personally I don't see the deference in this 2 games :)
I think your the only person that does :p I thought I saw the similarity to, but people got me questioning, lol

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
I think people like Family Matters Because it goes straight into the story
where the sandbox is made to give you the freedom to do whatever you want.
For the story you're gonna start in a set place and follow a specific path, it may even actually end when you finish the main quest.
that's my take on it
tbh after thinking, i think Deviant Desires in the long run will be an amazing game.

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
I'm completely stuck at the very beginning of the game. I'm in the hallway, and can go to bathroom and lounge and thats it. Are there stairs? This is bizarre.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I'm completely stuck at the very beginning of the game. I'm in the hallway, and can go to bathroom and lounge and thats it. Are there stairs? This is bizarre.
There are no stairs, simply click the bottom right when in the lounge and it takes you back to where mc's bedroom and bathroom is.

Or click the lower right corner for the kitchen ( this will be replaced with something more noticeable in the next update )

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Seems like the ntr tag will be able to be removed next version! As long as the dev keep his word, and I have no reason to believe he would lie...
I've just been told that any and all ntr content is being removed and is never ever coming back, nor will any new ntr stuff be implemented.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
A quick question, Those scenes at aunt's place is for future updates or I didn't made the right choices to get to them?

I remember playing through them on Family Matters, I used to pledge FM but my financial situation changed a bit:(, but in a month I should be able to support again :).

@Shardoom Good news indeed.

Reactions: Shardoom

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
A quick question, Those scenes at aunt's place is for future updates or I didn't made the right choices to get to them?

I remember playing through them on Family Matters, I used to pledge FM but my financial situation changed a bit:(, but in a month I should be able to support again :).

@Shardoom Good news indeed.
That was the NTR bit and has been removed :p

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes