Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
The first with Chrystal as you didn't checked the dialogue option in the classroom.
This one is noted, we probably need a way to add more indication of the path to take.
Finsit: Thanks for the tips. You are correct, I didn't think to talk to Chrystal again in class as previously the only options were to have her study at my place. Talking to her about her clothes opens up later stages with her, so thanks for that.

Also, I played a little more and realized that I had totally skipped the content with the dean. I didn't think to spend much time visiting the dean's office, so I missed out on all the Kara content completely. I think because the locations are in the travel submenu which is normally not shown, its easy (at least for me) to miss out on locations that become available.

Lastly, you are right that I didn't realize that training Frankie gave you an extra unit of income, since when I trained him a couple of times earlier, no additional income showed up.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, I think I've figured it out now.

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
No devstream this week, I'm on my way back home to France.

I might not even be able to continue devstreaming from now onwards, I'm not sure my internet connection will have enough bandwidth for that.

Finsit: Thanks for the tips. You are correct, I didn't think to talk to Chrystal again in class as previously the only options were to have her study at my place. Talking to her about her clothes opens up later stages with her, so thanks for that.

Also, I played a little more and realized that I had totally skipped the content with the dean. I didn't think to spend much time visiting the dean's office, so I missed out on all the Kara content completely. I think because the locations are in the travel submenu which is normally not shown, its easy (at least for me) to miss out on locations that become available.

Lastly, you are right that I didn't realize that training Frankie gave you an extra unit of income, since when I trained him a couple of times earlier, no additional income showed up.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, I think I've figured it out now.
You are not the first one having issues with the travel menu since I re-added the shortcuts.

I don't know if I will remove them. It is definitely a possibility, but if so I will maybe rework or at least fix the current issues in the behavior of the menu.

I really don't look forward to it though. That kind of task about the GUI is really were Ren'Py's stupidity shines.

Reactions: geminiw45

jacobverba

Sep 18, 2019
I've been a fan of DD since the very early builds (before we even had Lola), and as time passes and new players come here to complain, I wanted to suggest some ideas to clear some of the confusion of the game:

• Can't we have some more dialogue with the girls and Kara during the day? It could improve the sense of corruption, as their dialogue becomes more and more slutty or they could tell naughty tales about their days. It would ease the player into talking to them frequently, and making the "school dialogue tasks" to advance the story way more discoverable, and also introduce hints to future events, like complaining about their parents views on their changes, hinting they are getting friendly with each other after the threesome, and so on. I reckon it wouldn't be too demanding to implement this feature, as they already have a good range of facial expressions, it's only dialogue on the script.
  • Grouping the items of the shop in packs could help us remember which to buy and avoid the need of a "shopping list" feature. Or else the store could "hide" the items until you ask about them, so the list can slowly grow and become more manageable. Again, it would be a script feature, instead of demanding more work from the artist.
  • Can't we have the locations listed like floating bubbles to the side of the screen, instead of the navbar? The bar doesn't close automatically upon dialogue, so when I'm with it open and I get a message, the navbar becomes stuck and lists locations that should be unavailable (and I exploit it a lot by working at the lab in the weekends during the day). The bubbles would be more noticeable, less prone to bugs and, as you hide most of the interface during the scenes, it would not overcrowd the screen.
  • How about allowing us to work during the weekend at the lab?
  • As the devs seem to be against tinkering with the game (the not-plaintext files were a huge hint), how about a "hacking" menu at the lab's computer? It could even be Patreon-oriented, letting players get more income at the click of a button instead of annoying the devs in the forum about hacking or console variables.
  • Also, I couldn't help but talk about the income system. It's a very confusing mechanic, because it's not very logical: yes, an "income" prevents you from hoarding coins like "money" does, so it can be used as a governor device to avoid the player to go too far into the buyables until they get to the correct point in the story (like Magic the Gathering's "Land cards" govern the game so you can't win in the first turn), but someone's "income" doesn't reduces when you buy something, and yet my "income" is reduced when I buy a ballgag while at the same time it can't increase even when I work daily. It's a paradoxical system, and so it's very common for players to talk here about their confusion with the system. The first solution I can think for this problem is to go back to the money system, but make the sexshop menu a tree-like system, in which most options are hidden and you unlock them after buying some key items. You can have the seller improve the shop catalog as you sluttify her (as in, "hey, I went to Sex Convention and found this babies"), the Sybian being the most obvious option for that (she seems very shy about her uses of some of the toys, so it could make sense for her to buy one just after you sluttify her a lot). She could also procure the chemicals for the lab, after an injection of blue serum, so you could avoid the player from having too many serums simply by limiting the amount she could procure. As toys and serums are the only uses of money, the "income" system becomes irrelevant and the sexshop becomes even more important (demanding a daily visit). With the dialogue improvement I suggested above, it wouldn't be so "grinding", as the player can talk to the seller, buy items, buy chemicals, role play with her costumes, or see the girls helping with the store.
I really love this game, and those above are just suggestions to make it more palatable to other players, so more people could play it and enjoy it as I do. Thanks a lot for this wonderful tale and I apologize for the awkward English, I'm not a native.

(On an unrelated note, Lola > Harley > Kara).

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I've been a fan of DD since the very early builds (before we even had Lola), and as time passes and new players come here to complain, I wanted to suggest some ideas to clear some of the confusion of the game:
It is always nice to see people taking time to write lengthy posts, thanks.

So I'll splice your list to give you better responds.
  • How about allowing us to work during the weekend at the lab?
I already saw that suggestion and indeed it that is something I'll add.
  • Grouping the items of the shop in packs could help us remember which to buy and avoid the need of a "shopping list" feature. Or else the store could "hide" the items until you ask about them, so the list can slowly grow and become more manageable. Again, it would be a script feature, instead of demanding more work from the artist.
  • Can't we have some more dialogue with the girls and Kara during the day? It could improve the sense of corruption, as their dialogue becomes more and more slutty or they could tell naughty tales about their days. It would ease the player into talking to them frequently, and making the "school dialogue tasks" to advance the story way more discoverable, and also introduce hints to future events, like complaining about their parents views on their changes, hinting they are getting friendly with each other after the threesome, and so on. I reckon it wouldn't be too demanding to implement this feature, as they already have a good range of facial expressions, it's only dialogue on the script.
Well you suggestion about the sexshop is kind of already implemented and being tested in the playtest.
The sexshop inventory was reworked and the menu now shows the item you will need for the girls current stages.

But I also added a feature to mark the items needed for an event, so that should cover all the basis.
  • Can't we have the locations listed like floating bubbles to the side of the screen, instead of the navbar? The bar doesn't close automatically upon dialogue, so when I'm with it open and I get a message, the navbar becomes stuck and lists locations that should be unavailable (and I exploit it a lot by working at the lab in the weekends during the day). The bubbles would be more noticeable, less prone to bugs and, as you hide most of the interface during the scenes, it would not overcrowd the screen.
I hate images.

I really hate images.

I kind of struggle not to include any image in the GUI, I only uses symbols from fonts.

Fixing/reworking the travel menu is in my ToDo list and it will be painfull. But there is a near zero chance it will take the form of a GUI I despise.
  • As the devs seem to be against tinkering with the game (the not-plaintext files were a huge hint), how about a "hacking" menu at the lab's computer? It could even be Patreon-oriented, letting players get more income at the click of a button instead of annoying the devs in the forum about hacking or console variables.
I'm not against it.

I just don't like people complaining about the game being broken while they broke it themselves. And more often than not they are not even aware that they did it "because it work on every other games"

It's like always dropping your Nokia 3310 when you put it in charge. Then change to a smartphone and complain the screen is broken.

The more common example of people complaining the game is broken is the updater.
They extract the file from the archives plays the game on early minor release, before the bugfixes.
They encounter a bug and maybe report it. Shortly after I fix it and deploy an update.
They got the update notification and "update" their game.

But since the extracted file takes the priority over the updated archives the game is not updated and come here complaining about bug that got fixed sometime more than a week ago.

And that because they do things they don't understand.

I'm fine if they try to look at the code (most of them will probably get lost anyway). But the fact that they don't understand that the very moment they tamper with a game they can break stuff is an issue for me.

If someone come to report a bug and tell me what they did to the game I'll help them. It will probably take me the same time as for a non-altered game anyway.
But when they don't acknowledge their alteration as such until I ask them if they did that specific manipulation. Yeah I'm not happy.
Because it took me at least an order of magnitude more time to resolve the issue than it should have.

Even if my time is mostly free that doesn't mean I like to waste it due to pure ignorance.

As long as someone show me that they put some thought into what they did I'll most likely help them.
  • Also, I couldn't help but talk about the income system. It's a very confusing mechanic, because it's not very logical: yes, an "income" prevents you from hoarding coins like "money" does, so it can be used as a governor device to avoid the player to go too far into the buyables until they get to the correct point in the story (like Magic the Gathering's "Land cards" govern the game so you can't win in the first turn), but someone's "income" doesn't reduces when you buy something, and yet my "income" is reduced when I buy a ballgag while at the same time it can't increase even when I work daily. It's a paradoxical system, and so it's very common for players to talk here about their confusion with the system. The first solution I can think for this problem is to go back to the money system, but make the sexshop menu a tree-like system, in which most options are hidden and you unlock them after buying some key items. You can have the seller improve the shop catalog as you sluttify her (as in, "hey, I went to Sex Convention and found this babies"), the Sybian being the most obvious option for that (she seems very shy about her uses of some of the toys, so it could make sense for her to buy one just after you sluttify her a lot). She could also procure the chemicals for the lab, after an injection of blue serum, so you could avoid the player from having too many serums simply by limiting the amount she could procure. As toys and serums are the only uses of money, the "income" system becomes irrelevant and the sexshop becomes even more important (demanding a daily visit). With the dialogue improvement I suggested above, it wouldn't be so "grinding", as the player can talk to the seller, buy items, buy chemicals, role play with her costumes, or see the girls helping with the store.
Well I cannot disagree on the fact it is confusing. People get confused by it so it is indeed confusing.
But I totally disagree that it is not very logical.

You don't lose income when you buy something you use it. That is why I names it "income" and not "funds"
And it is not because you work more than needed that you get more income. Teachers don't get paid for overtime, they get screwed.
So yeah I don't agree about the logical part.

You understand the reason behind the system as a gameplay mechanic. I must say that's nice for once to discuss it without explaining that point.
But when you suggest to go back to money you seem forget (or more likely you never read it) that the first reason I made the income system is because I had no idea of the state of the players finances and the fact you can start with any girl amplify that unknown.

Or you consider we could and should solely rely on the gating of the item and not care at all about the prices.
That would functionally work, but that makes any sense of money irrelevant.

I don't like it because that remove the need for generating money or income. There is no point for making a girl strip if there is no cash contrains.

It doesn't work with the story of the game.
The story of the MC is about being a quite senior scientist/biochemical engineer getting paid very well having to flee (and lose most of his wealth) to start over as a underpaid professor

If money is irrelevant then the "underpaid professor" part goes away.
I really love this game, and those above are just suggestions to make it more palatable to other players, so more people could play it and enjoy it as I do. Thanks a lot for this wonderful tale and I apologize for the awkward English, I'm not a native.

I would say that nobody would take the time to write a wall of text if they really disliked a game.

That is why I also respond to negative or "not constructive" posts as they also carry their share of information and responding also helps me think about the issues the game has or the solutions I want to use.

But you are really clueless, Chrystal is clearly on top. :sneaky:

cryzaeford

Jul 5, 2017
hey guys I discovered a bug where the strip club intro repeats after sometime, I remember having Kara already as a stripper, then I switched her out for Yuki, after a few days I put Kara back as stripper and her stripper intro replayed, this bug might be the reason why some players are getting "it's too late to introduce her now" when putting Harley as a stripper again because the game replays her intro but since Harley is already at her last Tier it's like you missed her intro, I hope this helps

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
hey guys I discovered a bug where the strip club intro repeats after sometime, I remember having Kara already as a stripper, then I switched her out for Yuki, after a few days I put Kara back as stripper and her stripper intro replayed, this bug might be the reason why some players are getting "it's too late to introduce her now" when putting Harley as a stripper again because the game replays her intro but since Harley is already at her last Tier it's like you missed her intro, I hope this helps
Thank for reporting that.

You are indeed right in your assumption of that bug causing issues with Harley on late stage even if she was introduced to Alex at an earlier stage.

I think I'll rework the stripclub logic, I never really liked it anyway, it is not my style of code.
Since it is a part of the game that is on the side it should not be a problem to keep the save compatibility. I should also be able to retroactively fix the issue people are having with Harley.

Reactions: MonteChristo

cryzaeford

Jul 5, 2017
Thank for reporting that.

You are indeed right in your assumption of that bug causing issues with Harley on late stage even if she was introduced to Alex at an earlier stage.

I think I'll rework the stripclub logic, I never really liked it anyway, it is not my style of code.
Since it is a part of the game that is on the side it should not be a problem to keep the save compatibility. I should also be able to retroactively fix the issue people are having with Harley.
hey Finsit I discoverd that the same bug applies to the sexshop events

Rain^)

Jun 9, 2019
what to do after howard cathc u with Cara? Cara always not at the office. Tried to ring her she say to meet her in the evening at home but she not coming. Cant tutor other girls cause game say to solve problems with dean. I do something wrong or its a bug?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Does anyone have the Mega link for the current version (windows loseless)?
If you have an recent previous version you can update it to the latest version. Just launch the game, it should ask you if you want to update it.

what to do after howard cathc u with Cara? Cara always not at the office. Tried to ring her she say to meet her in the evening at home but she not coming. Cant tutor other girls cause game say to solve problems with dean. I do something wrong or its a bug?
There is multiple odd point you report here. The tutoring ban should be cleared at that point and indeed Kara should be available at home.

I'll look into it.

Reactions: MrStrike

MrStrike

Apr 4, 2018
If you have an recent previous version you can update it to the latest version. Just launch the game, it should ask you if you want to update it.

There is multiple odd point you report here. The tutoring ban should be cleared at that point and indeed Kara should be available at home.

I'll look into it.
Thats the thing. I dont have any previous versions. And NOPY for some reason keeps failing for me.

MrStrike

Apr 4, 2018
How do you bring out Francesca's slutty side for asking about the sybian? For the record, I already searched the comments and I have tried pretty much everything.
Go in the clothes menu and there should be an option for her to try the schoolgirl outfit again but with different events. Completing those events will lead to unlocking the Sybil event for Franchesca.

Reactions: alex2011

geminiw45

Dec 22, 2018

Totally related note, and I'm guessing everyone will have a different order, surtout Finsit :

Harley > Luna > Kara > Lola > Francesca > Alice > Yuki > Chrystal (> Alex) (yeah, not too fan of the two students, they're great characters, but not too attractive to me)

There's also a blonde that you work on at the gym and then she disappears, hopefully more with her and Alice later

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The v0.44.0 is available by automated update, it should show up on the bottom left in the main menu.

You can also download it manually :
  • (Recommended for full quality)

In this version we started the process of reworking the background images.

As we are getting close to a satisfactory amount of content in this game, we felt that it was time to increase the overall quality of the game.
So we started including the characters in the background. That is something I tried to push for a while now : I really think having Yuki casually petplaying in the background at home will add some flavor to it.
Alas ! A certain pandemic kind of killed our momentum. I also moved back to France so there is also that.

Anyway, after seeing that the last update was already 2 month old I restarted the engine. I had a playtest version since February and it just needed a little bit work to make it release worthy.
But it is a stopgap. There is basically no new content. But the gameplay got reworked quite a bit and should make the process of buying toys a whole lot easier.

The save compatibility is kept however you might need to re-buy some toys since some changed name or got bundled with others.

V 0.44.0 Changelog:
  • Reworked the sexshop inventory and menus to improve navigation
  • Reworked the stripclub logic to improve reliability
  • Added delightfully whimsical names to the sexshop toys
  • Added the availability of the lab at day during the weekend
  • Added an event marking system to highlight the needed item in the sexshop the mark are color coded to the girl needing the item
  • Added the possibility to send Chrystal buy her slut outfit from home during tutoring
  • Made the event following Chrystal buying the outfit on a trigger
  • Made some requirements clearer to reduce some confusion
  • Fixed a bug making the inventory tooltips show when the inventory was hidden
  • Removed the availability of the dean's office during the weekend

Known bugs:
  • When loading a save if you get an error, rollback to a stable state and change location.
  • The notifications can sometime appear a second time.
  • The notifications can also have a weird behavior when it comes to rollback.
  • The travel menu sometime stay visible when the rest of the GUI is hidden

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Totally related note, and I'm guessing everyone will have a different order, surtout Finsit :

Harley > Luna > Kara > Lola > Francesca > Alice > Yuki > Chrystal (> Alex) (yeah, not too fan of the two students, they're great characters, but not too attractive to me)

There's also a blonde that you work on at the gym and then she disappears, hopefully more with her and Alice later
So you don't consider Harley to be a student.
I guess she is on the path to fail the class but she is still supposed to be one of the MC's student.

On the 3 girls the only one really involved into her studies is Chrystal even if she loosen up a bit too much for that in the end. But I have not give up on having her wearing a labcoat (and only that) and having her assist at the lab.

I also like Yuki more for her character than her figure. As a pen and paper RPG player I really appreciate her evolution she undergo. Even if we don't include the thoughts of the girls it is still enjoyable to see how and why she is shaped by the MC.

And currently she is the only character I am not set on her background. I don't know for Jan though ...

With Harley what I enjoy is that she is the drama character. As she is writing she is bound to act more dramatically as she is writing about her fantasy.
So it only makes sense that with the MC enabling her fantasies she would act as a novel character. I'm waiting the moment we will address the question of how she react to the discovery of the other girls.
The drama potential here is perfect. And it can well be a key moment that will determine her ending.

But I should still state that even if my input is part of Jan writing process I am easily more set about the possibilities.

For example I'm sure Jan won't give the player the ability to just shackle and enslave Harley if she has a bad reaction to discovering the MC's harem. That is something I would include personally even if I wouldn't develop it.
I think Jan find those possibilities a bit too dark.

And paradoxically almost I am trying to make the MC the good guy of the story. The thing is that for me it is those kinds of possibilities that make any good ending good.
A bad ending shouldn't be "bad" because as a player you lose or didn't do everything needed for a "good" ending.

And that also mean that I'm prone to extract meaning from non-branching storylines as not completing one is already enough of a choice for the current state to be used a basis for an ending.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes