Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Iam really like this game, there so much super hot scenes and great unusual story. For the first time i thought it's grindy as fuck, but after 10 minutes it's become fine, after 1 hour iam already got 10K$... aaaaand i dont know where i could spend that amout of money LOL. Would be cool if we get more variations of outfits and toys. Also will be great to see more communication between girls, which leads to different threesomes/foursomes.
Well, I'm currently in a bit of a reflection with Jan about the money.

I would like to dump that system altogether while he has a more conservative approach.

But the situation is that we have only a vague idea of how the game is balanced on that end. And frankly I really don't want to keep track of that.

Looking at such a system itself, I don't think it could add much to the gameplay. Of course we could add toys to buy to unlock the different scenes with said toys, that would indeed use the system, but would it be really "adding" something.

It would add more variety of action, not much, but still some. But then why use money ? Just remove the "number" of the amount of money of the equation, then think about it, it could still be required to go buy the toys without needing a money system.

I only see 3 possibilities for the balancing of money :

• The player could always have an oversized amount of money compared to what they are offered to buy. It doesn't need much balancing to achieve that since you only need to set the prices low. But that easily beg the question "why money ?".
  • The money can act as a decoy that makes the player believe they earned enough of it to unlock content creating a feeling of achievement. doing that require a very careful crafting of the system while it could be achieved with a sneaky adaptative pricing system that makes everything just out of reach just long enough to fake it (I just thought of that writing that post but I do like that idea). In that case it can add something to the game, not much still but reasonably enough to justify its existence.
  • An other possibility would be that the player found themself in front of a wall that will need some grinding to pass. That need a moderate amount of balance as you still need to have a good enough idea of what the player could be expected to have at that point. So while it's not as care intensive as the second possibility it still needs some. That case would of course add to the feeling of grindy-ness while noticeably add to the feeling of achievement for those who went thought the grind. But while people that dislike grinding are very vocal about it, it need to be said that many do enjoy it as proved by the number of players that enjoy playing very grindy titles. So while we are not planning to go for that it is a valid option.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Deviant Discoveries v0.38.3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Reactions: Malkovichi

Lucius Drake

Kissed by a demoness
Donor
Feb 12, 2018
Well, I'm currently in a bit of a reflection with Jan about the money.

I would like to dump that system altogether while he has a more conservative approach.

But the situation is that we have only a vague idea of how the game is balanced on that end. And frankly I really don't want to keep track of that.

Looking at such a system itself, I don't think it could add much to the gameplay. Of course we could add toys to buy to unlock the different scenes with said toys, that would indeed use the system, but would it be really "adding" something.

It would add more variety of action, not much, but still some. But then why use money ? Just remove the "number" of the amount of money of the equation, then think about it, it could still be required to go buy the toys without needing a money system.

I only see 3 possibilities for the balancing of money :

• The player could always have an oversized amount of money compared to what they are offered to buy. It doesn't need much balancing to achieve that since you only need to set the prices low. But that easily beg the question "why money ?".
  • The money can act as a decoy that makes the player believe they earned enough of it to unlock content creating a feeling of achievement. doing that require a very careful crafting of the system while it could be achieved with a sneaky adaptative pricing system that makes everything just out of reach just long enough to fake it (I just thought of that writing that post but I do like that idea). In that case it can add something to the game, not much still but reasonably enough to justify its existence.
  • An other possibility would be that the player found themself in front of a wall that will need some grinding to pass. That need a moderate amount of balance as you still need to have a good enough idea of what the player could be expected to have at that point. So while it's not as care intensive as the second possibility it still needs some. That case would of course add to the feeling of grindy-ness while noticeably add to the feeling of achievement for those who went thought the grind. But while people that dislike grinding are very vocal about it, it need to be said that many do enjoy it as proved by the number of players that enjoy playing very grindy titles. So while we are not planning to go for that it is a valid option.
I can think of a few things where you can use money:

• buying supplies for the serums
  • buying components for the first ending machine
  • more machines for the lab (maybe requires another system for creating the serums... a system which uses longer production cycles, then decrease that time with better equipment)
  • gifts for the girls to raise their stats
there would be so much more possibilities but they would add a lot more grind to get the desired amount of money...

losthero360

Jan 17, 2018
hey just was wanted to ask could you make it PC friendly i can't play it if i can't download it unless its a zip file please and thank you

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I can think of a few things where you can use money:

• buying supplies for the serums
  • buying components for the first ending machine
  • more machines for the lab (maybe requires another system for creating the serums... a system which uses longer production cycles, then decrease that time with better equipment)
  • gifts for the girls to raise their stats
there would be so much more possibilities but they would add a lot more grind to get the desired amount of money...
Hehe, thanks, I guess that prouve that at least some people are up to do checklist of stuff to acquire in a game.

But the question is not really about on what use money, it's about the amount and it's how much use the money systems should be used in the gameplay mix.

Currently the core gameplay is about training the girls. Money is thrown in that is an ad hoc way, not much thought went into it.
I'm weighting how making change to gameplay would affect it as a whole.
And while I'm doing that, Jan scratches his head trying to find ideas for the next content, he is probably somewhere dark, ingesting a vast amount of drugs to get inspiration as we speak.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
I have a problem with Chrystal's messages too. And I think I know what triggered the bug : somewhere, at the very beginning of her corruption, you give her a dildo. You get a message from her to see if she is doing well with it. Here there is a choice : you can ask her to play gently with it OR hard. Here is where the bug started for me : first I tried gentle option, but to see everything I tried to reload the screen where there is the choice => bug.

I tried to start a new game but it's even worse than before... (couldn't even trigger the message from Chrystal...)
And now it's even worse... For some reason, it will be difficult for me to get a significent save state since when I launch the game now, I always get the [I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred] screen after 3 clics...

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I have a problem with Chrystal's messages too. And I think I know what triggered the bug : somewhere, at the very beginning of her corruption, you give her a dildo. You get a message from her to see if she is doing well with it. Here there is a choice : you can ask her to play gently with it OR hard. Here is where the bug started for me : first I tried gentle option, but to see everything I tried to reload the screen where there is the choice => bug.

I tried to start a new game but it's even it's even worse than before...
It will be difficult for me to get a significent save state since when I launch the game now, I always get the [I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred] screen after 3 clics...
Looks like you are playing the v0.38.2, am I right ?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I started a new game and saved at the part where you can inject Lola with a serum, I choose pink, advanced in the game saved and load my previous save ( Lola serum choice ) and this error occurred ( see att ). After than I could no load any previous save ( same error ).

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
hey just was wanted to ask could you make it PC friendly i can't play it if i can't download it unless its a zip file please and thank you
What's not PC-friendly about the game? A .RAR file should download just like a .ZIP file, but requires WinRAR or 7-Zip to open it.

*EDIT* Looks like the download on the first page is a .7Z file. Works just like a .ZIP file, just use 7-Zip.

whoknows1337

Jun 18, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 377, in <module>
  File "game/02_class_defines.rpy", line 259, in test
  File "game/02_class_defines.rpy", line 265, in tick
  File "game/02_class_defines.rpy", line 311, in _tick
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'tut_state'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "home.rpyc", line 2, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 422, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 375, in script
  File "E:\giggle\DDGame0383-pc\0 38 by Jan The Spider\DDGame-0.38.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\giggle\DDGame0383-pc\0 38 by Jan The Spider\DDGame-0.38.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 377, in <module>
  File "game/02_class_defines.rpy", line 259, in test
  File "game/02_class_defines.rpy", line 265, in tick
  File "game/02_class_defines.rpy", line 311, in _tick
  File "E:\giggle\DDGame0383-pc\0 38 by Jan The Spider\DDGame-0.38.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\giggle\DDGame0383-pc\0 38 by Jan The Spider\DDGame-0.38.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'tut_state'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Deviant Discoveries 0.38.3
Sat Mar 30 13:53:08 2019

Literally i just restarted after getting to the end of the FIRST day.

This shit needs a patch ASAP

zh

Oct 17, 2017
It seems like you can't load your saves once you close the game.
But hey !I deleted all my saves, re-extracted my zip and tryed from the beginning. For now, it works fine... As long as I don't reload ;)

OstapJr

Nov 5, 2017
I don't seem to be able to start the "main story." Completed everything else, took care of Howard and Greg, checked out the pool. And, nothing happens, no encounter at school. Is there anything specific that triggers it?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Same here. Howard and Greg have been dealt with but when I go to Kara's house I can't get to the pool.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes