3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
@BawdyBaron Great Release!!! Thanks for your hard work!
Thanks! I'll take a look at your suggestions later and see what I can do.

Thanks for trying to help. I'm still not sure this is working. I tried to use to enable the console but I was unable to make method 2 work at all and when I used method 1, the game throws an error upon startup.

One thing that was confusing me is that the name of your patch file looks like it should be patch.rpyc but when I downloaded it, it named itself 179654_patch.rpyc does the file name matter?

I take it that this patch unlocks "Candace's" content, but I don't see any character named Candace, I thought it was maybe Cassandra, but perhaps that refers to Mom instead.
Both of those methods to get the console seem needlessly complicated to me. Start with a fresh extraction of the game. Navigate to DevilishBusiness-0.49b-pc\renpy\common and find 00console.rpy. Open that file with a text editor and search for config.console = False and change the False to True.

Open the game and press shift+o and you will get the console. As HeavyEavy said, if you type persistent.patch_enabled into the console it will return True if it's working.

If you want to know if it's working without the console, ask mom about her past. If you have more than 70 influence you can ask her about sex. If the patch is working you can tell her that it turns you on (but I would suggest corrupting her first).

And yes, Candace is your mom. The player character calls her mom, so her real name is only mentioned in the introduction and in some ending scenes.

is there any sex scene in pictures?
Not yet, unfortunately. I plan to have at least one sex scene with art in v0.50b though.

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
I think I have a vague idea on how the charm/corruption system works, but the only question I have is the system and mom ever gets charm/corrupt?

Edit: I don't understand why I'm always getting the same ending (jessica only) can anyone explain what am I supposed to do since apparently I have no idea what I'm doing

kinghell

Jul 24, 2017
does it need to start a new game? i started from an old one and it just ended suddenly with Nick saying something in the lines of i don't like you so get lost..

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
Is there incest already? The change-log says
  • Added about 35,000 words of content for Candace.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Is there incest already? The change-log says
Yes, but you will need to install an to unlock this content. You can install the patch by placing the file in your game folder inside the main folder.

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
V0.49b has officially arrived! This update includes a bunch of new content for Candace (mom)!

Patch notes:
  • Added a number of new backgrounds.
  • Streamlined a lot of the ending scenes code.
  • Removed all code for images not currently present in the game.
  • Allowed "rollback" in some places where it was previously disabled.
  • Made the player go back to the club after completing work for Nick.
  • Adjusted various values for better balance.
I'm pretty happy with this update. I still have some work to do on the endings to take the new content into account, but it works pretty well.

Players likely wont see the streamlining of the endings, but I have made it a lot easier for me to edit and work around.

I had originally put in code for images that I had planned but that didn't exist yet as a way of showing what the future held, but it was just causing confusion so that has been removed.

I've also made a few basic changes that should improve realism and make it more entertaining.

As for the future: I currently expect v0.50b to contain the first true lewd images! No ETA on that yet, but look forward to it!

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on Patreon or sending me a one-time donation at . Every bit helps!

And a big thank you to HeavyEavy for posting a patch that restores the content Patreon doesn't like!

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
Yes, but you will need to install an to unlock this content. You can install the patch by placing the file in your game folder inside the main folder.
Thanks a lot, but the link for that aftermarket patch seems broken. Where can I find it? What must I do in order or installing it?

If the uploader reads this post: It would be great to put that "incest patch" with instructions in the first post of the thread to avoid people make the same mistake I have made: I didn't know an incest patch is needed and played the whole game two times yesterday looking for the new content of Candance. I'm starting to be a bit wasted of this game.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Thanks a lot, but the link for that aftermarket patch seems broken. Where can I find it? What must I do in order or installing it?

If the uploader reads this post: It would be great to put that "incest patch" with instructions in the first post of the thread to avoid people make the same mistake I have made: I didn't know an incest patch is needed and played the whole game two times yesterday looking for the new content of Candance. I'm starting to be a bit wasted of this game.
Ah, sorry about that I nested too many links. I have edited the post, but it is also on page 8 of this thread.

Would be nice to have it added to lewd patcher and pinned to first page.

Reactions: Amedore

taru

Apr 23, 2018
can't wait for the art to happen this game is really good it just needs that art to pull it together lol.

Reactions: BawdyBaron

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Lots of people complaining about lack of art so I checked what's going on (I haven't played the game just curious)... he is buying art from a guy who charges apparently 200 bucks per picture, with additional 150 bucks for background. Also if it involves second character, it's double price. I think it's safe to assume there won't be any gang bangs in this game, one pic would cost thousands.
with those prices one might as well pay for an art course and learn it themselves lol XD

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.50b

My Christmas present to you: Devilish Business v0.50b

This update includes a bunch of new content for Cassandra and a bit of new (lewd) art for Ashley!

Patch notes:
  • Added about 15,000 words of content for Cassandra.
  • Added some new art for one of Ashley's lewd scenes.
  • Added an indicator that the Lewd Patch is active.
  • Filled in some of the endings with existing art.
  • Fixed some awkward wording and minor bugs (thanks HeavyEavy!)
It's late - as usual - but I think I've added some good content.

Cassandra ended up being a lot sluttier than I initially envisioned, but I don't think anyone is going to complain about that!

And I hope you all enjoy the added art for Ashley (hint: treat her to a nice lunch). It's not much, but it's something.

The next update should primarily include some Candace+Cassandra content, so look forward to that.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Also, for those of you who can't/won't use Patreon, you can now make a one-time contribution with BuyMeACoffee:

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Not sure how to raise the fathers influence to get corruption for some naughty fun times with the mother and sister

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Not sure how to raise the fathers influence to get corruption for some naughty fun times with the mother and sister
Chatting with him during work, successfully carrying out his "devilish business" assignments, and texting him all can raise his influence. There are also a few special scenes with him that provide opportunities to raise it.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
And I hope you all enjoy the added art for Ashley (hint: treat her to a nice lunch). It's not much, but it's something.
Everyone that sees together the five girls in the first page of this thread can see that they all have the same doll face. Yes, it changes the color of the eyes and hair and the hairstyle, but the facial features are mostly the same. Same thing happens with the bodies. More busty, less busty, but the bodies of the five characters are mostly the same. Sorry but the art is just generic and childish manga style stuff already seen in a thousand of mangas, hentai and games. :rolleyes: It's impossible to bond with characters represented graphically in such a generic way :cautious:

I truly think that this is a good game. Good premise, good writing... But there only 25 patrons and 30 bucks :unsure: There are text-based games that are way more successful. Some people complains about the low number of images, but I think it's the generic and inadequate style what is, over all other circumstances, ballasting this game.

Reactions: mitjo

O_OO_O

Feb 18, 2018
Is sister have any way to use spell on her? I can't find it
Just keep send her text= =i found it

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes