4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

nn222

Aug 11, 2017
Btw, it's not just the art which is identical to IW, but also a lot of the scripting on top of the ren'py engine. Their custom menus are identical and most damning of all their use of Live2D. If it's a rip-off, they're somehow ripping off both the art and the programming from Sad Crab. That's not what's happening.

If it's just one artist's side gig, they've also got at least one of their programmers on board. I don't see how that's any different than Sad Crab smurfing with another studio name. If the argument is that "but not the entire team is involved", it's plenty clear that at least the productive team members are.

Actually, thinking about it, if this is a splinter faction from Sad Crab who are fed up with the dysfunction on IW, this might be a very good development indeed. I'm not mourning IW because in all fairness it's doomed and better Hermione games will pop up sooner or later. People will never stop making Hermione games, it's an axiom of F95. I actually heard yv0751 is considering doing a Hermione game next...

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes