RPGM Dianthus - The Mark of Lust [v0.7] [Dedan-1]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Nerumin

Oct 2, 2021
Doll scene keeps looping for me, is it supposed to?
I think you're supposed to hold "arrow down" button to make it end.

As for the game itself, it's not a bad 0.1 build, but there's a lot of space for improvement. Some things I picked up that one may think about:

- In the first forest area, there are some tiles/objects you can just walk through and even bug map out (some crates for instance, may be worth checking your tileset options),
- I do understand font used in the game is supposed to fit in the overall game's theme, but it kinda is hard to read. Don't know if other had those thoughts,
- Some of the game's instruction could be made clearer (during h-scene, sometimes when pointing player where to go and what to do).

Overall, it seems you know what you're doing and you have clear direction in your mind, which is amazing! As I mentioned - pretty solid first build of the game, I enjoyed it while it lasted and the art itself is pretty decent (at least for me). Keep it up, will come back for updates.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
I think you're supposed to hold "arrow down" button to make it end.

As for the game itself, it's not a bad 0.1 build, but there's a lot of space for improvement. Some things I picked up that one may think about:

- In the first forest area, there are some tiles/objects you can just walk through and even bug map out (some crates for instance, may be worth checking your tileset options),
- I do understand font used in the game is supposed to fit in the overall game's theme, but it kinda is hard to read. Don't know if other had those thoughts,
- Some of the game's instruction could be made clearer (during h-scene, sometimes when pointing player where to go and what to do).

Overall, it seems you know what you're doing and you have clear direction in your mind, which is amazing! As I mentioned - pretty solid first build of the game, I enjoyed it while it lasted and the art itself is pretty decent (at least for me). Keep it up, will come back for updates.
Thanks for the kind words. I made a note of the issues you pointed out and will fix them for the 0.2 build. I'm still waiting on some sprite work and art CGs to be finished before I can put the next chapter together.

If I may ask, what did you think of the gameplay? I'm glad so many people are playing it and enjoying themselves to a certain degree but I've yet to see anyone mention the gameplay sections.

Anyone have any idea where to find the Chapel Key?
The Chapel key is acquired after defeating a major encounter inside Ashton Castle.

Mommy_Monoka

Aug 20, 2020
Thanks for the kind words. I made a note of the issues you pointed out and will fix them for the 0.2 build. I'm still waiting on some sprite work and art CGs to be finished before I can put the next chapter together.

If I may ask, what did you think of the gameplay? I'm glad so many people are playing it and enjoying themselves to a certain degree but I've yet to see anyone mention the gameplay sections
Glad to hear that you're working on the next version of the game
I don't know if you mind me replying to the question Buuuuuuut since I already am here I go!

The gameplay sections are really nice looking, I would assume this is your first time with the RPGM so I'm not expecting the sleeper hit of 2021 but I can definitely say that I was very surprised with how the first mission starts. constantly waiting for something to jump me whilst searching for signs of activity with your partner was pretty fun.
however, as you already know there are no clear indicators as to where to go, what to do, where does the map end? and which are spots to transition to another area.
that brings me to the roaming areas they're BIG, very big... maybe too big
I get that tiles are part of the game's coding but I found myself getting lost more times than I'd like to admit especially with the mentioned problems above. I can tell that these areas are a bit much even for you as I have found a couple of spots where I can easily phase into the wall like Danny Phantom [Hidden lore I'm not supposed to know possibly? LOL jk]
If you get back to me we can chat sometime on here or Discord (Easiest to contact me) and I'll show you which angles I've hit made me go through objects

Moving onto the story I have gotta say that it's a simple concept but feels grounded enough to feel real, nothing too crazy and outlandish other than the home intruder and your sickly green boss/Merchant. I liked the interactions with the cat and the personality of the small cast, here's to hoping they get expanded upon and we get some real connections other than being dispensers for key items. there are definitely some good times to be had here and signs of a story that will pan out in without a doubt interesting way... I phrase it like that because as of writing this I have logged around 1hr28mins into the game yet have gotten stuck on the "Major Encounter"
to avoid spoiling the solution here I would prefer you to DM me so we can understand if I have encountered a major bug that soft locks me or if I'm just borderline brain damaged

I really love what you have going on here, I tend to stay away from RPGM games besides my viewing of popular non-Ero-games on youtube like Ao Oni or Yume Nikki
That being said the horror tag got me to swiftly download this game like my internet was about to be canceled that night and the Doll on the screenshots? GOD DAAAAAAMN, I'm a simple man with simple tastes and I don't see the ball-jointed Doll in many games that can help quench my love for them.... I blame bloodborne for doing this to me....

But that's all I have for now
Keep it up man!!! I love this game so far and hope to see more!
Have a Beautiful Day when you read this and hope to hear from you soon!

Reactions: Dedan-1

DualElites

Mar 15, 2018
I'm kinda stuck here...I've been talking to Shane and Abigail, apparently I should move to Ashton Castle...but how?

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
I'm kinda stuck here...I've been talking to Shane and Abigail, apparently I should move to Ashton Castle...but how?

Head west from the gas station area to reach Ashton Castle. Once you've reached the second area you'll have to go through a house to cross the gap in the road.

DualElites

Mar 15, 2018
Head west from the gas station area to reach Ashton Castle. Once you've reached the second area you'll have to go through a house to cross the gap in the road.
Thanks for the reply!
I'm not quite sure where the gas station is:
I've been talking to Shane and Abigail in their house, then I left it, the screen turned into a red hue - probably because it is afternoon? Anyways, I can't go anywhere but their house and my house - which when I leave my house, gives a notification that I gotta find that catgirl that run away and hid, later.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply!
I'm not quite sure where the gas station is:
I've been talking to Shane and Abigail in their house, then I left it, the screen turned into a red hue - probably because it is afternoon? Anyways, I can't go anywhere but their house and my house - which when I leave my house, gives a notification that I gotta find that catgirl that run away and hid, later.

First of all, I apologize for the bugs, the game is a bit buggy and my main PC I use to make and play games is down so I haven't been able to go through and iron out the flaws.

So if you're stuck between Aaron's House and the Editors Department then go to the Editors Department ( Where Shane and Abigail are ) and talk to the papers on the desk ( It's on the table with the lamp ) It'll ask you if you're ready to roll out, choose that option and it'll take you to the next area.

If this doesn't work or you get stuck again let me know and I'll happily help out, I know my game doesn't do a good job and telling you where to go. I'm currently working on that as well.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Can't fire the gun. Knife fighting isn't nearly effective enough.
What exactly happened? Did you run out of ammo? If ammo is the issue, you search around the houses and find more or you can buy some after reaching a certain point.

If it's not ammo, where did it stop working or did it just not work from the beginning?

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
What exactly happened? Did you run out of ammo? If ammo is the issue, you search around the houses and find more or you can buy some after reaching a certain point.

If it's not ammo, where did it stop working or did it just not work from the beginning?
I forgot to update that. Turns out I did the 9000IQ move of not equipping the damn gun to begin with.

JAMman92

May 17, 2020
IMO I think it would have been better if he didn't decide to fuck the doll, it would have been better if the doll came to life in the middle of the night while the guy was sleeping and then... she would take the initiative ;) ;)

Also, I have to mention that the design of the doll is 100% perfect, great comination of sexy, creepy and looking legitimately
"doll-like" if you get what I mean, it looks like there's no life in it whatsoever, which would make it coming to life even more effective.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
It's been awhile since I last posted on here, but version 0.3 is almost ready. It will mainly consist of new areas and combat sections, some bug fixes and new additions to story. There won't be any new scenes for V0.3 but there are previews to what's coming up. The new scenes will be added in V0.4 ( Due to an error and miscommunication on my end ). I'm currently bug testing 0.3 with a few people right now so once that's done ( Should only take a day or two ) 0.3 will be ready to play.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018

Game updated to Version 0.3.1. ( I think this is what I'm suppose to do to update... )

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Love the vibe this game has, hopefully it get more art.

Mega

Game updated to Version 0.3.1. ( I think this is what I'm suppose to do to update... )
If you haven't figured out already, you need to use the report tool on the OP, that way mods see it faster.

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Yeeeeeah, naaaw. No thanks. Boring and buggy game and i don't like the art at all, but good luck.

Also my character bugged and stayed looking up/north all the time.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes