RPGM Dianthus - The Mark of Lust [v0.7] [Dedan-1]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Ahip

Dec 23, 2017
So why is this game lacking content even though it was released 2.5 years ago? Just curious because I like the theme but wonder if it's even worth playing/keeping track of.

AfWhite

Oct 1, 2017
I think I encountered a bug, happened after fighting one enemy, just 2 areas above the van, I cant use the knife or shoot anything. I got the message that the character was "shocked", went to the van and was no longer able to attack.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
So why is this game lacking content even though it was released 2.5 years ago? Just curious because I like the theme but wonder if it's even worth playing/keeping track of.

I don't have a lot of free time, maybe an hour or two to work on it every other day. On top of overhauling some features and gameplay elements it's lead to slow updates and repeating the same two areas but with new scenes. The next update will have the sewer and facility plus an extra area. But lack of free time is why the updates and content are so scarce.

To be honest, 95% of the maps are done. They just need updated to match the new elements and have story events added which leads to my kryptonite, writing dialogue. I get so bored having to write,rewrite and come up with the words to fit the scenes. I know the basic idea of how things play out, but filling in the words drags me down. I could be thinking too hard on it as well but idk.

I'm trying to keep a schedule now and update it every three months or less ( preferably less but will see how my life goes ).
My terrible update schedule is why I don't bother with patreon or the like. No point in making people pay to wait, it's not fair to the supporters.

I think I encountered a bug, happened after fighting one enemy, just 2 areas above the van, I cant use the knife or shoot anything. I got the message that the character was "shocked", went to the van and was no longer able to attack.
That's odd... Do you remember what enemy exactly did it? I messed up somewhere because shock is a debuff unique to the third major boss. I will update the save room to remove all debuffs and add in an item to remove it in the upcoming bug fix.

Nagadragon

Feb 28, 2019
I don't have a lot of free time, maybe an hour or two to work on it every other day. On top of overhauling some features and gameplay elements it's lead to slow updates and repeating the same two areas but with new scenes. The next update will have the sewer and facility plus an extra area. But lack of free time is why the updates and content are so scarce.

To be honest, 95% of the maps are done. They just need updated to match the new elements and have story events added which leads to my kryptonite, writing dialogue. I get so bored having to write,rewrite and come up with the words to fit the scenes. I know the basic idea of how things play out, but filling in the words drags me down. I could be thinking too hard on it as well but idk.

I'm trying to keep a schedule now and update it every three months or less ( preferably less but will see how my life goes ).
My terrible update schedule is why I don't bother with patreon or the like. No point in making people pay to wait, it's not fair to the supporters.
maybe you could get a fan to help with writing what you have in mind? i know some who offer to do such things in other games. (this is just a suggestion please dont be mad)

Reactions: Dedan-1
Nov 13, 2017
I've found a bug. When you meet the first hostile npc in a house in the gas station area that you have to shoot, if you back out of the room before shooting it, the npc despawns and you can't progress the game because the vines never disappear.

AfWhite

Oct 1, 2017
That's odd... Do you remember what enemy exactly did it? I messed up somewhere because shock is a debuff unique to the third major boss. I will update the save room to remove all debuffs and add in an item to remove it in the upcoming bug fix.
[/QUOTE]

It was one of the enemies with the tentacles(?) coming out of its head, in this exact location:

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
maybe you could get a fan to help with writing what you have in mind? i know some who offer to do such things in other games. (this is just a suggestion please dont be mad)
I've been thinking about it, get a writer to handle the dialogue with my story still in mind. The problem is finding one that I can trust and not A: Spoil the story ahead of time, or B: Try to insert their own ideas and story into mine. Not a fan specifically because again I don't believe It's fair to make the fans partially make the game themselves. They should only enjoy it.

I've found a bug. When you meet the first hostile npc in a house in the gas station area that you have to shoot, if you back out of the room before shooting it, the npc despawns and you can't progress the game because the vines never disappear.
Fixed.

It was one of the enemies with the tentacles(?) coming out of its head, in this exact location:
Fixed. It was suppose to be a chance to bleed, but bleed and shock are right next to each other so a mistake on my end.

does anyone know where the password for the extras A folder is in the slums warehouse?
I forgot to make the event same as characters so you couldn't even interact with it. Sorry about that.
The code is A50G13 if you don't want to go back there.

I will upload the bug fix update shortly.

Nov 13, 2017
I've been thinking about it, get a writer to handle the dialogue with my story still in mind. The problem is finding one that I can trust and not A: Spoil the story ahead of time, or B: Try to insert their own ideas and story into mine. Not a fan specifically because again I don't believe It's fair to make the fans partially make the game themselves. They should only enjoy it.

Fixed.

Fixed. It was suppose to be a chance to bleed, but bleed and shock are right next to each other so a mistake on my end.

I forgot to make the event same as characters so you couldn't even interact with it. Sorry about that.
The code is A50G13 if you don't want to go back there.

I will upload the bug fix update shortly.
Turns out i'm a bonehead. I was playing on the 0.6 version for some reason, even though i downloaded with the gofile link after 0.7 was released. Sorry about that, false alarm.

UzuRyu

Nov 23, 2018
I am kinda stuck...

I finished the Ashton Castle Boss Fight, opened the differents chests in the "Castle" before going to the van to leave the area.
I then slept on the couch where I had the dream with an empty chest with nothing inside. The phone wake up the protag and then... I don't know.

I can't interact with the phone. The editors' office is empty and if I enter I'm trapped between the empty room with the save point and the entrance with the stairs I can't clim because "It would be ankward because I just left" and I can't leave the building.

Also, when do we find the cat ? Did I miss anything ? So far I got the Blonde and the Slime.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
I am kinda stuck...

I finished the Ashton Castle Boss Fight, opened the differents chests in the "Castle" before going to the van to leave the area.
I then slept on the couch where I had the dream with an empty chest with nothing inside. The phone wake up the protag and then... I don't know.

I can't interact with the phone. The editors' office is empty and if I enter I'm trapped between the empty room with the save point and the entrance with the stairs I can't clim because "It would be ankward because I just left" and I can't leave the building.

Also, when do we find the cat ? Did I miss anything ? So far I got the Blonde and the Slime.
An event got deleted somewhere, I don't know which one but It's gone. I quickly put together a band aid fix, try talking to phone now. It should let you advance now. Wait for version 4 which should be uploaded within the next few minutes.

The cat was pushed back to chapter 3.

You missed the vine girl who becomes available after getting the scene with the blonde.

Last edited:

UzuRyu

Nov 23, 2018
An event got deleted somewhere, I don't know which one but It's gone. I quickly put together a band aid fix, try talking to phone now. It should let you advance now. Wait for version 4 which should be uploaded within the next few minutes.

The cat was pushed back to chapter 3.

You missed the vine girl who becomes available after getting the scene with the blonde.

I had the end of the dream sequence, the second bj, the mirror scene, the real phone call, went to see Abby at the office by being teleported there when exiting the house. and then, after talking to her, I'm still trapped inside the building. Her conversation didn't unlock the door of the office building.

Is Vine Girl missable ? In which zone is she ? Danton ?

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
I had the end of the dream sequence, the second bj, the mirror scene, the real phone call, went to see Abby at the office by being teleported there when exiting the house. and then, after talking to her, I'm still trapped inside the building. Her conversation didn't unlock the door of the office building.

Is Vine Girl missable ? In which zone is she ? Danton ?
Should be fixed now.

Yes you can miss her, she is in Trighbon. After you talk to the herb seller, get the key and she runs off. The vine girl will spawn in the bottom left corner of the map near the pond in the slums section.

UzuRyu

Nov 23, 2018
Should be fixed now.

Yes you can miss her, she is in Trighbon. After you talk to the herb seller, get the key and she runs off. The vine girl will spawn in the bottom left corner of the map near the pond in the slums section.
So, decided to do some debugging to understand what goes wrong.
My Herb Girl is bugged. Her initial dialogue doesn't lunch and instead, the "I told you to go away" dialogue does (which confused me a lot when it happened), which lock her on "she glares at you" and prevent her from switching on Herb Girl 3 needed for Vine Girl's appearance. I think either the variable is null or in the negative for some reason and it trigger the wrong dialogue.

The door of the Office building's entrance still remains bugged. Did you change the switch's name from Conversation End to Abby Convo END and forgot to change the door's switch as well or is it another switch entirely ?

Also, looking at the switches, are you aware Cat1 is triggered at the end of the Introduction Cave while Intro 8 remains off ? I'm going to try to understand what each variables and switches does to help you debug by essentially beta testing the game ^^

I really like your game so far despite the bugs I encountered ^^

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
So, decided to do some debugging to understand what goes wrong.
My Herb Girl is bugged. Her initial dialogue doesn't lunch and instead, the "I told you to go away" dialogue does (which confused me a lot when it happened), which lock her on "she glares at you" and prevent her from switching on Herb Girl 3 needed for Vine Girl's appearance. I think either the variable is null or in the negative for some reason and it trigger the wrong dialogue.

The door of the Office building's entrance still remains bugged. Did you change the switch's name from Conversation End to Abby Convo END and forgot to change the door's switch as well or is it another switch entirely ?

Also, looking at the switches, are you aware Cat1 is triggered at the end of the Introduction Cave while Intro 8 remains off ? I'm going to try to understand what each variables and switches does to help you debug by essentially beta testing the game ^^

I really like your game so far despite the bugs I encountered ^^
I'm playing through the game again myself and fixing a lot of bugs. I didn't realize the first chapter was this bad, it wasn't before...
Or maybe it was. It's not often people report bugs so I assume it works normally.

I'll see if the Herb Girl is bugged when I get to her, I don't see anything that would put it into the negatives but I'll look around.

It's possible. A lot of the earlier scenes and events were changed or moved to the later chapters. Like with the cat girl, originally you found her in the introduction area which is why Cat 1 is there and intro 8 isn't an active switch anymore. I never renamed it.

I appreciate you helping me out. Bug testers and writers are two things I really need to find, the gameplay parts I can work on all day and never get bored as well as think up monster/girl designs. But writing is my kryptonite and bug testing isn't my strong suit because I know the easiest way to do things and I don't branch out or try to break the game.

After playing through it a few times I'll clean up as many bugs as I can find and redo the events. Hopefully getting everything to work properly. I'll redo all switches in chapter 3 as well to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

I'll also add the Basic Lantern as well, the flashlight works but I also want a light that's just a circle around the player for smaller rooms.

Hdbrublsl

Sep 21, 2021
Yo, where can i find the key to the mansion? after exploring the basement in the white house I don't know what to do. Thanks!

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Yo, where can i find the key to the mansion? after exploring the basement in the white house I don't know what to do. Thanks!
The key is in the slums chapel. The slums are west of the mansion. You'll have to talk to the herb girl to get the key to the chapel, she's in the top right corner of the map.

ParoParo

Dec 16, 2019
the Knight boss insta kill is irritating. I'm willing to give a pass on the controls but having to run away from knight for that long is annoying. I feel like the time he spends sprinting is too long.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
the Knight boss insta kill is irritating. I'm willing to give a pass on the controls but having to run away from knight for that long is annoying. I feel like the time he spends sprinting is too long.
The amount of time he chases you isn't the problem. The problem is when he spams it, which he shouldn't be doing anymore. If he still is I can try to fix it again.

Hdbrublsl

Sep 21, 2021
The key is in the slums chapel. The slums are west of the mansion. You'll have to talk to the herb girl to get the key to the chapel, she's in the top right corner of the map.
I can't find her, maybe it's because I can't take this guy loot?. After killing him I can't take it

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes