RPGM Dianthus - The Mark of Lust [v0.7] [Dedan-1]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

####01

Nov 18, 2019
Houston, we have a problem: I can’t find the mansion key.

I think I know where it is, but the guy that I think has it is bugged, he won’t move and I can’t pick up what he drops when he dies. Please send help.

DustWolf

Nov 19, 2017
Can anyone help, I am stuck after finally beating the slime armour boss (The charge seems busted). It gives me Marks Key but now I can't leave the mansion the same way in. I found a tile to walk through in the bottom right, but when I go to the van they start talking about a doll that I haven't found. I am assuming I am out of order somewhere.

Seeing what happens anyway. I do some dream stuff, plan to meet at 7 to find Mark, then I go home and it plays the scene with the girl and then says demo end.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Houston, we have a problem: I can’t find the mansion key.

I think I know where it is, but the guy that I think has it is bugged, he won’t move and I can’t pick up what he drops when he dies. Please send help.
The guy who drops the key is in the old church in the town slums. It's a two phase mini boss. Is this the guy who is bugging out?

Can anyone help, I am stuck after finally beating the slime armour boss (The charge seems busted). It gives me Marks Key but now I can't leave the mansion the same way in. I found a tile to walk through in the bottom right, but when I go to the van they start talking about a doll that I haven't found. I am assuming I am out of order somewhere.

Seeing what happens anyway. I do some dream stuff, plan to meet at 7 to find Mark, then I go home and it plays the scene with the girl and then says demo end.
I went through that event and it looks like I forgot to delete some dialogue so the doll parts can be ignored.

Not being able to leave the same way, for some reason I had that event turn off when the boss was defeated. Just fixed that now and will post a bug fix update later today once I comb through the events.

The demo ending is normal. Originally it was going to include chapter two but some scenes got delayed and it ended up only being chapter one.

DustWolf

Nov 19, 2017
The guy who drops the key is in the old church in the town slums. It's a two phase mini boss. Is this the guy who is bugging out?

I went through that event and it looks like I forgot to delete some dialogue so the doll parts can be ignored.

Not being able to leave the same way, for some reason I had that event turn off when the boss was defeated. Just fixed that now and will post a bug fix update later today once I comb through the events.

The demo ending is normal. Originally it was going to include chapter two but some scenes got delayed and it ended up only being chapter one.
Aha, I see.

Now I'm wondering how to find the doll and all the other cgs, since I swear I've combed through everything and only found the Slime.

Very fun game so far btw (minus the boss fight haha).

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Aha, I see.

Now I'm wondering how to find the doll and all the other cgs, since I swear I've combed through everything and only found the Slime.

Very fun game so far btw (minus the boss fight haha).
The doll is found at the end of chapter 2. The only five scenes in the game at the moment should be Blonde BJ, the plant girl, the herb seller, the slime and blonde BJ 2. Plus some codes hidden around for the two folders to see some sketches and unused art.

The boss fights are the hardest part of this game, since the regular combat is so easy. His charge isn't bugged but he has two different charges. One where the pop up text says " the dark sludge starts to convulse" which is an instant game over if he catches you and one where it says "He charges you in a blind rage" which if you run him into the broken pillars on the ground it'll stun him for 8 seconds.

DustWolf

Nov 19, 2017
The doll is found at the end of chapter 2. The only five scenes in the game at the moment should be Blonde BJ, the plant girl, the herb seller, the slime and blonde BJ 2. Plus some codes hidden around for the two folders to see some sketches and unused art.

The boss fights are the hardest part of this game, since the regular combat is so easy. His charge isn't bugged but he has two different charges. One where the pop up text says " the dark sludge starts to convulse" which is an instant game over if he catches you and one where it says "He charges you in a blind rage" which if you run him into the broken pillars on the ground it'll stun him for 8 seconds.

Oh, so how do I access chapter 2. I have v0.67. I see people mentioning trials and such.

Ah, I didn't realize one did not let you stun him. That makes sense now

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Oh, so how do I access chapter 2. I have v0.67. I see people mentioning trials and such.

Ah, I didn't realize one did not let you stun him. That makes sense now
Chapter Two is still being reworked, two scenes still need completed and the enemies/events/maps need fixed. It should be ready within less than a month but It all depends on when the art is ready.

####01

Nov 18, 2019
I was referring to the guy with the axe in the first lower building across the bridge.

As for the church, I didn’t find any miniboss in there.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
I was referring to the guy with the axe in the first lower building across the bridge.

As for the church, I didn’t find any miniboss in there.
You can't enter the church without first finding and getting the key from the herb seller so you might not of gotten there yet.

As for the guy, he's holding a golf club not an axe but he doesn't drop anything important just random loot for crafting.

####01

Nov 18, 2019
You mean that northern most building wasn’t the church?
Well that’s a bit embarrassing, the town must have gotten bigger than I thought.

Alright, I’ll go looking for this “Seller of herbs” at once…

Although, I’d more than appreciate some directions…

(IMPORTANT EDIT)
BREAKING NEWS: I AM A F#<{ING MORON!!!

Turns out, I was taking Turaga Matau’s advice that bad things happen when you go left too closely to heart and never even considered heading west, despite being told to do just that.

I take full responsibility for my idiocy. You may laugh now.

Last edited:

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
This game has a good plot, but the gameplay has some serious issues. The speed is much too fast for the type of combat you've decided to go with.

I have to go multiple screens back to a physical location to save my game, the incredibly annoying pitch black darkness of much of the game, a short flashlight range allowing enemies to completely blindside you in that darkness, instant death when they do blindside you (<0.5 seconds until dead, minimum human reaction time is beyond that), and there's tons of items and lore in any one area so you have to retrace a lot when you do die.

Much of this is tied to player and enemy movement speed as well. Slow down the overall speed of the game and maybe give us an opportunity to live if we run into an enemy by accident. You can (and I recommend) keep super fast player speed on the Shift key so traversal is more convenient.

That being said, without changing any of those factors except one, you can improve the game tremendously by allowing saves anytime and anywhere. Also, I understand this is primarily a horror experience, but I'm houndin' for the poundin', man. More sex scenes would be great.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
This game has a good plot, but the gameplay has some serious issues. The speed is much too fast for the type of combat you've decided to go with.

I have to go multiple screens back to a physical location to save my game, the incredibly annoying pitch black darkness of much of the game, a short flashlight range allowing enemies to completely blindside you in that darkness, instant death when they do blindside you (<0.5 seconds until dead, minimum human reaction time is beyond that), and there's tons of items and lore in any one area so you have to retrace a lot when you do die.

Much of this is tied to player and enemy movement speed as well. Slow down the overall speed of the game and maybe give us an opportunity to live if we run into an enemy by accident. You can (and I recommend) keep super fast player speed on the Shift key so traversal is more convenient.

That being said, without changing any of those factors except one, you can improve the game tremendously by allowing saves anytime and anywhere. Also, I understand this is primarily a horror experience, but I'm houndin' for the poundin', man. More sex scenes would be great.
Most enemies will take one to three steps back when they hit you. The only ones that don't are the small knights. They can kill you quickly but they also walk slow. The bosses in this game are main challenge of the game so they will always be tough but they are beatable with practice.

As for dying quickly, there are yellow herbs scattered throughout the area you can collect which can be turned into tonics to increase your HP. If you get them all you should have around 750 or 825 HP.

You can change the speed of the player by pressing shift to run naturally, but you can also press the G key to slow your speed. Press it again to return to normal walking speed. It looks like I forgot to put this in the controls menu so that's my bad.

If you see an enemy you can use the R key to jump back, while jumping back you are immune to most damage with the exception of spirit damage which is the fire like attacks from bosses and mini bosses.

Saves anywhere can't happen. It would break the boss battles or get you stuck very easily as if you don't have enough ammo or HP for the fight and you save in the room you have a dead game and need to restart. I can look into adding an extra one here or there but I can't make saving anywhere without breaking the game.

Reactions: Gabaw

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
As for dying quickly, there are yellow herbs scattered throughout the area you can collect which can be turned into tonics to increase your HP. If you get them all you should have around 750 or 825 HP.

You can change the speed of the player by pressing shift to run naturally, but you can also press the G key to slow your speed. Press it again to return to normal walking speed. It looks like I forgot to put this in the controls menu so that's my bad.
Thanks for the reply. These are the two key takeaways I'm incorporating from your response. Slower walking and increased HP will mitigate those factors I mentioned somewhat, so it's good to hear they've already been in the game.

Dedan-1 said:
Saves anywhere can't happen. It would break the boss battles or get you stuck very easily as if you don't have enough ammo or HP for the fight and you save in the room you have a dead game and need to restart. I can look into adding an extra one here or there but I can't make saving anywhere without breaking the game.
Speaking as a tragically all-too-experienced RPGM player, I see your point about savescumming bosses and your fear of the player being trapped by their own save. Neither of those are a problem for me personally, but if you haven't been pressed on the issue from other feedback, then I see no need to push for it myself.

As for some of the good things about the game, like I said earlier, the plot is interesting and the setting/atmosphere is appealing. It's almost a shame that you actually do the thing I wish every RPGM game author would do, which is allow for fast skipping of dialogue and scenes. That's a good thing, to be clear. I'm only lamenting the hundreds of RPGM games I've played with mountains of useless, braindead text and you gotta just hold Z down while it takes its damn time scrolling past - Only to then accidentally select a surprise choice option and have to restart the whole process :KEK: So yeah, definitely glad that isn't the case here.

Reactions: rKnight and Dedan-1

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Good day. Or night I should say as it's almost 4 am here... Anyway, version 0.7 is done and I'm currently bug testing as we speak. Although my god the bugs are bad in this one. I forgot just how many switches and maps I changed or added things to... I was hoping to get it out tonight but this may take a few more days until I can upload it, especially if the newer areas are as bad with bugs as I fear they are. On top of that I've got a bad feeling the enemies are overtuned... On another note, the elf "thief" scene wasn't redone in time due to a mistake on my end so when encountering her she will show the old scene in the first meeting and the second she will give you the code for the old scene which is a new extras folder.

Speaking of. I know the lack of scenes has disappointed some people so I've been working on getting more in where I can. I have a few optional areas in the works as well but those won't be ready until 0.8. So to fix this, I added a few more dream sequences and more scenes with the Vine girl and Herb seller as well as added more extra folders to hopefully fill that void in the meantime.

I discovered I still had high quality, larger sized images of some scenes so I will be adding those in the extra files as well whenever I can.

Alright, back to bug squishing.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018

Games been updated, I'm sure I missed some bugs so if anything comes up let me know. Your old saves SHOULD work with it, I don't see why they wouldn't but if they don't let me know.

I honestly don't remember everything I changed...
I know a new movement option was added to slow your characters speed for tight areas.
New enemies were added, a healthy amount of scenes were added but some were delayed due to mistakes on my end.

The second boss is a lot tougher now but should be plenty doable, just don't let him get too close or get hit by the vines, if he slows you and you don't got a foot kit you'll die pretty quick.

• Wow
Reactions: lnppo and allinon

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
DianthusTheMarkOfLust-0.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dianthus - The Mark of Lust [v0.7] [Dedan-1]

COMPRESSED: Windows to the Soul:
- -

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes