RPGM Dianthus - The Mark of Lust [v0.7] [Dedan-1]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
View attachment 2348725

Ignore the hp I'm a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. Anyway, I got here in the trial of lust, was able to jump to the platform, but now I can't jump back. Also, I don't know if it's a bug, something to do with my cheating (shouldn't be??) or like, a framerate issue, but if any time I touch an enemy and walk in such a way that my sprite and their sprite continuously connect (walking into an enemy, being charged by an enemy, etc.) I take INSANE damage. I'm talking, whatever the normal damage for the enemy every single tick. Every frame. The game goes BRRRRRRRRRR and I die in a matter of seconds. That is with my hp.

The fight with Mark kicked my ass because of the aforementioned issue, until I remembered that I wasn't sprinting and turned off auto-run because it is insanely fast. That said, maybe tweak the flame sprite so instead of a teeny tiny animation it's a bigger visual change. Oh, and maybe some indicator that the flame is about to go still. Can't tell you how many times I ran to a flame, had to stop for one second to make sure it was moving, saw it was, pressed the button to activate it, and got pushed back into Mark only to instantly die (see above bug) because the flame went still the exact moment I tried to activate it.

Game has a lot of potential and I'm digging the story, and yea I get those RE vibes. I also feel some Evil Within vibes. It's really cool and pretty fun, even if I'm just in it for the sex with the monster girls, hence the horrible cheating. If anything, more puzzles, less shooting. Honestly I don't find the combat fun or engaging really.
I've noticed the trial of lust has been pretty buggy. Will take a look into this, there are two places you can move that box to. The position just below this one should work normally.

Yeah, most enemies can take you down quick if you keep running into them. The only thing protecting you is when you get touched by an enemy or when certain attacks hit you the enemy will take a few steps back. Other than that you don't have any invincibility frames, this is true for all of the bosses especially. Normal enemies can be taken out pretty quick but for bosses, you really don't want to get right up in their face unless their stunned.

Mark has been toned back a bit, just working on some other bug fixes before I publish the next small update.

I wanted to add a few more puzzles and make the areas of interest more zelda dungeon like but it's hard to figure out where to put them when all of the maps were finished a few months ago. Can look into it though.

Tatsulover69

Sep 21, 2019
man that boss battle is really unfair lol,fr in a rpg maker without any mean to block attacks u make a quick big and autoaim enemy?

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
This is a pretty stupid question, but right at the start Don says "Break all the pots, there might be stuff in them" but I've encountered three pots so far and can't break any of them. Am I doing something wrong?

[EDIT] Nevermind, it was the 'C' key. For some reason it wasn't working?

Last edited:

mr__person__

Jan 18, 2020
I've noticed the trial of lust has been pretty buggy. Will take a look into this, there are two places you can move that box to. The position just below this one should work normally.

Yeah, most enemies can take you down quick if you keep running into them. The only thing protecting you is when you get touched by an enemy or when certain attacks hit you the enemy will take a few steps back. Other than that you don't have any invincibility frames, this is true for all of the bosses especially. Normal enemies can be taken out pretty quick but for bosses, you really don't want to get right up in their face unless their stunned.

Mark has been toned back a bit, just working on some other bug fixes before I publish the next small update.

I wanted to add a few more puzzles and make the areas of interest more zelda dungeon like but it's hard to figure out where to put them when all of the maps were finished a few months ago. Can look into it though.
Yeah I noticed the slightly darker spots on the floor and that's where I was moving each box. I moved that particular box down one space and it worked. Maybe the problem has to do with the torch on the platform with the lever?

The issue is that in a clunky rpgm game (generally speaking, rpgm is super clunky with movement) it can be really easy to accidentally rub against an enemy. On top of that, some enemies, especially bosses, gain super speed. It stops being a "if they hit you you'll take a lot of damage" move and becomes a "if they hit you you die" move. Legit sweating bullets on my twelfth attempt against Mark where the moment I hear that classic poison sound effect I know I need full concentration. Honestly if you actually were insta-killed I would just assume that it was meant to be that way. After all Mark is definitely a puzzle/gimmick fight with the flames and pillars. Clearly you're not meant to take him head-on. It's the "brrrrrr" effect that makes me think it's a bug.

Again I would just suggest something to help with the flames. Maybe tweak the damage of his projectiles a bit as they're too sudden and fast to reliably dodge. It's nerve-wracking having to stop and pause to make sure the flame is flickering before you interact with it when Mark is right behind you.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Welp, I'm stuck.

The 'Ashton Castle' has an area to the right you can only reach after a spike tile is deactivated. I found a thing you shoot to deactivate a different set of spikes, but nothing to remove that one.

spike.png
Logically it would be this plate, which I remember treading on and getting a 'You hear something heavy moving near the foyer' or something, but nothing changed when I did that.

pressureplate.png

Also, I've found a small bug. If you do things in the wrong order (I missed the filing cabinet with the 'top shelf / middle shelf/ bottom shelf), you can miss the 'I've moved the van' phone call. The van is still in the new spot, but no Shane and if you go in and out again you teleport back to the first position of the ban.

Also, also, Shane gave me the 'Ashton Castle Key' when I had already found one.

Also, also, also, the directions to "how to get past the fence" aren't needed as there's a quicker route. You can just slip through the fence in the bottom right corner.

fence.png

I can only guess that I messed things up when I missed the filing cabinet and now everything is fucked?

Last edited:

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Welp, I'm stuck.

The 'Ashton Castle' has an area to the right you can only reach after a spike tile is deactivated. I found a thing you shoot to deactivate a different set of spikes, but nothing to remove that one.

View attachment 2370026
Logically it would be this plate, which I remember treading on and getting a 'You hear something heavy moving near the foyer' or something, but nothing changed when I did that.

View attachment 2370077

Also, I've found a small bug. If you do things in the wrong order (I missed the filing cabinet with the 'top shelf / middle shelf/ bottom shelf), you can miss the 'I've moved the van' phone call. The van is still in the new spot, but no Shane and if you go in and out again you teleport back to the first position of the ban.

Also, also, Shane gave me the 'Ashton Castle Key' when I had already found one.

Also, also, also, the directions to "how to get past the fence" aren't needed as there's a quicker route. You can just slip through the fence in the bottom right corner.

View attachment 2370118

I can only guess that I messed things up when I missed the filing cabinet and now everything is fucked?
Nothing is wrong with the first issue. You are in the garage near the incinerator, not the foyer. You take the ladder from the garage and go back to the foyer. Place the ladder in between the two suits of armor and you can go upstairs where a gate is blocking the path. If you hit the switch on the ground it opens that gate. After your done with the upstairs the spikes will be gone in the garage. ( Just a heads up, in that room is a difficult boss so be careful )

Slipping through the gate is a tileset mistake. I just need to make it so you can go through that tile, not a bug.

The van part is a small bug I can fix in the next small update, will put it on my list.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
After your done with the upstairs the spikes will be gone in the garage.
It was the map on the table. I hadn't tried clicking on it. :/

[EDIT] Oh, btw, the Incinerator starts in 'closed' position when I suspect it is meant to be open when you first encounter it. I only knew it was an incinerator when I got the message that "I should close the incinerator"

Last edited:

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
so next update when? I just cant wait to play it, because im still stuck on mark. :KEK:
Been working on it on and off. The temperature took a sharp turn so allergies been killing me, also trying to finish the temple area before I release 5.1. Not sure when it'll be ready yet, I'm never able to meet my deadlines so I try not to make them Dx

MotoMati

Jun 20, 2019
haven't played this game in a while since i first downloaded it, didnt think it had an update since then, nice to be proven wrong. couple things tho. the version i have is v0.1, did anything change past it that make my v0.1 save data invalid and forcing me to start over, or am i golden to continue on

also, the changelog at the front of the page only shows "V0.1 - First Release" and that's it.....how come the front page change log doesnt reflect what got changed & updated and all that?

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
haven't played this game in a while since i first downloaded it, didnt think it had an update since then, nice to be proven wrong. couple things tho. the version i have is v0.1, did anything change past it that make my v0.1 save data invalid and forcing me to start over, or am i golden to continue on

also, the changelog at the front of the page only shows "V0.1 - First Release" and that's it.....how come the front page change log doesnt reflect what got changed & updated and all that?
It might be better to start over, I don't remember if anything would make that early save invalid. The boss battle was made more difficult and all of the scenes changed from repeating images to animated videos.

Not sure why the change log wasn't updated, I hadn't even noticed it wasn't updated. I can look into that later or before the next major update.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Version 0.5.2 is ready.

Quick note of what's changed.

The temple area is complete. You must now complete all seven trials instead of just the Trial of Lust.
Some bugs were fixed, some typos were fixed.

Hopefully the bug near the end of this version is fixed, please let me know if it's not.

The second boss fight has been nerfed.
Each phase has had a reduction in HP.
The final phase had his HP reduced by about 40% and his damage reduced by 25% or so.
His grapple ability has been taken away so you won't be flung around the room anymore.

During the sprite phase the sprites will now change to red when they can't be touched and blue when they are safe.
He does move a lot slower during that phase now so it should take some stress off when fighting him.

I added two more extras folders and forgot to add hints on where to find them so I will leave them here.

Two new CGs have been added. One of the Spirit of Sloth and one for the Spirit of Greed.

One is in the church you enter after defeating the first boss.
The second is hidden within the trial of greed.

There is a save inside the temple now but it might still be using a temporary sprite, so if you see someone standing in the temple its suppose to be a save spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: allinon

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Dianthus The Mark [0.5.2] Compressed (UnTested)

Win (705 MB/ 253 MB) :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Baron777

Mutsukata

Apr 7, 2018
anyone know how to pass the trial of gluttony? i have no idea what to count there.

oh and the wrath trial still accessible even after you beat it

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
anyone know how to pass the trial of gluttony? i have no idea what to count there.

oh and the wrath trial still accessible even after you beat it
Need to count the skeletons on the ground in order. So first number is the humanoid skeletons, second is the dinosaur bones etc.
So the first two numbers of that code will be 62*** since there are 6 human skeletons and 2 dinosaur skeletons.

Oops, looks like it is. I can fix that right now.

Reactions: Mutsukata

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
wrath trial
There are two rooms to the Wrath Trial so I'm going to assume your stuck in the first room.

Shoot the south eastern switch then move the partially destroyed pillar near the four crystals in the northern part of the room

2. Shoot the eastern wall switch then run down and press the switch on the ground.

3. Move the half destroyed pillar onto the switch that was previously blocked by those four crystals.

And that's it for the first room

gekko3600

Feb 8, 2019
There are two rooms to the Wrath Trial so I'm going to assume your stuck in the first room.

Shoot the south eastern switch then move the partially destroyed pillar near the four crystals in the northern part of the room

2. Shoot the eastern wall switch then run down and press the switch on the ground.

3. Move the half destroyed pillar onto the switch that was previously blocked by those four crystals.

And that's it for the first room
Oh damn i didnt know u could move the pillar

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes