RPGM Dianthus - The Mark of Lust [v0.7] [Dedan-1]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Projekt_FIJI

Oct 10, 2020
So I get a black screen when getting the vampire heart. But I can still move my character and interact with Shane.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
So I get a black screen when getting the vampire heart. But I can still move my character and interact with Shane.
I can't seem to recreate this. Did anything odd happen before touching the coffin?

If you still have that save I could use it in debug mode to see what happened.

Mutsukata

Apr 7, 2018
wrath trial
there's 2 part of trial of wrath

the first one you need to put something on the panel blocked with 4 barrier.
the broken pilar on the top left side, is the thing that you need to put on top of it

the second one i have no idea, i just do everything i guess

gekko3600

Feb 8, 2019
there's 2 part of trial of wrath

the first one you need to put something on the panel blocked with 4 barrier.
the broken pilar on the top left side, is the thing that you need to put on top of it

the second one i have no idea, i just do everything i guess
yea i got no clue what to do in the 2nd wrath room

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
yea i got no clue what to do in the 2nd wrath room
This room is easier than the last. Start with the right side, dodge all of the moving crystals then interact with the one at the end to destroy it.

For the other part of the room, start by hitting the switches in order. First one is to the West then go counter clockwise.

Finally push the half destroyed pillar into the center of the red pool.

Projekt_FIJI

Oct 10, 2020
I can't seem to recreate this. Did anything odd happen before touching the coffin?

If you still have that save I could use it in debug mode to see what happened.
I guess the enemy that I'm suppose to fight before getting to the coffin just disappears. I'm also going to assume it's because I imported my save from the previous updated game.

Last edited:

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
I guess the enemy that I'm suppose to fight before getting to the coffin just disappears. I'm also going to assume it's because I imported my save from the previous updated game.
That enemy isn't an enemy. just a animated sprite that's suppose to disappear when you get close.

It could be because of the old save file.

Nov 27, 2019
Comeon guys write reviews for this master piece.
I only at the beginning after obtained shot gun and climbed over the wall of castle now about go inside mansion i hyped but also scare

Reactions: Dedan-1

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Comeon guys write reviews for this master piece.
I only at the beginning after obtained shot gun and climbed over the wall of castle now about go inside mansion i hyped but also scare
Glad to hear your enjoying it so far, I hope the bosses didn't cause too you to much trouble.

The next update is taking longer than I hoped. Trying to get a journal system implemented to help point people in the right direction and fill in some blanks of the story, so no more getting lost hopefully.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
Dedan-1's been active within the past few days so he's alive at the very least.
I'm not dead, just conflicted about some things and juggling my time only to somehow waste half of it...
Free time is something I wish I had more of, but when I get more of it I procrastinate more. The place I work at doesn't help in killing my motivation to do anything.

It's been months, I'll still wait.
I'm happy people are still around. I wish I had more to show but at the moment I'm writing dialogue and doing events which is the most boring, tedious part. After I need to fix enemies and finish placing others, not very exciting stuff.

As for why It's taking so long, I thought about it and decided to upgrade some parts of combat like adding status effects such as poison, infections, bleeding etc. Getting set on fire being the most dangerous. Well I can list off some things I changed and added.

I thought the loot was boring and saw how other games like Funger were handling loot and went that route with the pickups in the game. So now you won't find ammo or money everywhere but different items like herbs, crafting materials etc.

Added a crafting system so you can make your own armors and weapons instead of just buying them which I found to be boring.

All weapons got a nice boost to damage.

All enemies and bosses were given a big boost to damage and a moderate boost to HP.

Like I said you can craft armor which reduces damage you take, which if lucky you can make good armor early and take little to no damage from basic enemies and greatly reduce boss damage.

Herbs are found in the overworld now instead of random boxes, fridges etc.

Added some new sections to the Trighbon Township, currently adding in new scenes there as well. By the time the next update comes out there should be two bad endings available ( I hope...)

I currently have 5 endings planned, 3 different bad endings, 2 good endings.

New status effects were added. Bleed, poison, infection, burn, shock, burn and engulfing shadow/shadow flame.

Lore books were added. You can find them on book shelves and read them later for optional lore. More importantly you can sell the books for tokens and buy accessories with them.

Accessories were added along with armor, accessories give bonuses to stats and make you immune to certain status effects like fire or bleed.

Player stats were added. Defense, Speed, Accuracy and Psychic Resist. Defense reduces psychical damage taken, Psychic resist reduces magic type damage like the fire bosses use or other weird attacks like that. Speed reduces the reload time of the shotgun and rifle. Accuracy is your critical chance. A critical strike will deal double damage to an enemy, knife damage can't be critical ( was too overpowered )

More custom music was added. New theme for the safe area, new theme for inside dark areas ( a few variations ) a new boss theme for the first boss encounter, a new theme for the temple and second boss are in the works currently.

This is suppose to be a hentai game but there is a lack of that content. So I added many more scenes, totaling 30 scenes for multiple different characters plus the extra folders which you can find the codes to hidden in the game.

Not all scenes in the future will be animated, only half of them. I tried for a fully animated hentai game but it was too much on the artist I hired.

My pixel artist got really busy so I can't commission them anymore, so I went on a journey to find another and got one. The style is different and noticeable but not much I can do about that.

Treasure chests were added throughout the game with a bare bones coin flip system for good loot or normal loot so if you fail you'll still get something.

I probably forgot something but that's the gist of it. Motivation is lacking to finish all the boring parts and I'm drained from my soul sucking job and adding the rest of what I said above. I have no idea when the next update will be ready, I'm hoping soon but who knows how long that'll be.

Some fun facts for those interested, this game originally started out as a harvest moon type game where you had to regrow,build and repopulate the area but I couldn't quite get the harvest moon game play to work so I scrapped it. ( Three characters from that game made it into Dianthus though, Lillian is a vampire and the first scene you see in the dream sequence, the plant like girl in the private community and a chimera girl which will be in the extra folder eventually. The cat girl was also in the harvest moon game. ) Then it became a Witches House type game which I actually fully completed, but I ended up hating playing through it and the scenes sucked and the gameplay felt boring and generic so I scrapped that one too. After two failed attempts, years of wasted time and $4,000 down the drain I decided to try a shooter game. I remember seeing a few games that had this type of combat and figured I could improve upon it, after a few months I got a working prototype for the gun gameplay. Had some friends test it, they liked it and I built on that. I released the game, it ended up here and the rest is still being put together.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
The SFW version is finally done, this is actually a demo of the game and reflects the end product. Unfortunately the more fun version people are waiting for is taking longer than expected. Mainly waiting on a few scenes to finish up, but it being this close to the holidays some delays are popping up. But with that said, all I have to do is put together the scenes and add them in so it should be released this year sometime. I've also been battling a cold so that didn't help... But the SFW version is ready if some of you are curious what the new systems look like.

Chikiri

Dec 16, 2022
The SFW version is finally done, this is actually a demo of the game and reflects the end product. Unfortunately the more fun version people are waiting for is taking longer than expected. Mainly waiting on a few scenes to finish up, but it being this close to the holidays some delays are popping up. But with that said, all I have to do is put together the scenes and add them in so it should be released this year sometime. I've also been battling a cold so that didn't help... But the SFW version is ready if some of you are curious what the new systems look like.
Can't wait for the NSFW version, take all the time you need.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
The game has a new name. Dianthus - The Mark of Lust.

Version 0.6 is finally done, well at least part of it is. Some of the scenes weren't ready in time which is understandable with Christmas being only a few days ago. It's late so I'm going to try and go through the change log the best I can.

New Crafting System Added.

Many new items added to compliment the crafting system.

Herbs are new found in the world instead of serums, they like to blend into the background so keep an eye out.

Enemies and bosses have had a boost in damage and health.

New player stats were added which include: Defense, Psychic Resist, Speed, Accuracy.

Two new scenes were added and scenes with the doll were pushed back and are no longer available in this version.

The Recollection room now has many sneak peaks into future scenes.

New music was added.

A new area was added, the Slums. Its west of Ashton Castle.

A new Eastern section of Trighbon was added.

I'm sure I'm missing somethings but these are the big ones.

If you run into any bugs please let me know and I'll fix them as soon as I'm able.

Thanks again and I apologize for the long wait in between updates.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes