RPGM Die or Get NTR-ed on a Deserted Island [v1.0] [Rosea Navis]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BustinGutz

Aug 18, 2018
Be me, trapped on an island where I will most likely die. Have hot gf who can't do anything like foraging or setting up camp. Find survivors only to get cucked by them. Be the main reason why anyone here is still living. Dies from overexertion/heartbreak. Everyone soon starves to death because all of them are useless at everything besides fucking my gf. Yeah I choose death ngl.

roxyt482

Aug 11, 2021
the problem with the first upload was that i had forgot to put the edited version into the download the regular version would still be in the game if ur still getting an se error try this one its just every file instead of just the ones that needed changing and if it still doesn't work then i'm stumped and am probably missing a file that needed to be edited
I've already replaced the "se" files but a new error appears
SOLVED: use winrar for the extraction, 7zip have problems
2022-09-02_215719.png

Last edited:

Stev1

Jan 4, 2018
anyone whos having problems with audio crashes here is a fix for the audio files just unpack them and copy them into their matching folders
edit: forgot a file in the se.7z folder anyone who dowload before should re download
4 different downloads? how did this game get so fucked up

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
4 different downloads? how did this game get so fucked up
People with this issue are just doing the japanese locale wrong. It's always the same issue with everyone.
As you can see 90%+ of the people here are running the game without issue.

Stev1

Jan 4, 2018
People with this issue are just doing the japanese locale wrong. It's always the same issue with everyone.
As you can see 90%+ of the people here are running the game without issue.
Japanese locale made no difference for me. I play Japanese rpgs all the time, translated or untranslated. But its ok. Just wondering how it's so broken.

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
Japanese locale made no difference for me. I play Japanese rpgs all the time, translated or untranslated. But its ok. Just wondering how it's so broken.
Had a guy have this issue even with japanese locale. Re-downloading the file and extracting it with winrar (and selecting on extraction japanese locale) fixes the issue.

Some japanese games don't come with japanese characters in their files. Just some. That's why other games work for you.
Keep trying! The game files are fine.

Eirlech

Dec 8, 2019
... extracting it with winrar (and selecting on extraction japanese locale) fixes the issue.
Thank you! This fixed the rest of the missing sound effect problems for me. I've been only using 7zip and never had this particular problem up until this point.

Extracting with 7zip in Japanese locale seemed to have maintained the Japanese filenames, but for some reason every filenames that have a Japanese character with the double quote (dakuten) or dot (handakuten) mark will appear off (the marks may be cutting into the next character). The result is that they will have slightly different filenames that don't match what the game is looking for.

For example, the game might be looking for "audio/se/%E3%81%B1%E3%81%A1%E3%82%934.ogg" or "audio/se/ぱちん4.ogg" but your "audio/se/ぱちん4.ogg" (if you used 7zip) is actually "audio/se/%E3%81%AF%E3%82%9A%E3%81%A1%E3%82%934.ogg". Those string of numbers in the error message can be decoded using a URL encoder/decoder to find the real filename, which you can use to look for and rename the bad file.

I don't have any technical knowledge in this field so that's as far as I could make sense of whats happening. I don't know why this particular game can only be extracted correctly with WinRAR.

Creeperballs

Feb 28, 2020
Ahhh that title will be an interesting question for those who hate NTR; will you deal with being cheated on horribly while you forage for supplies as your girlfriend spreads her legs for other men or will you seek out the comfort of Thanatos to end your existence?
Come on motherfucker pull the trigger.
Come on pull the trigger
PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!!! LETS GO SHOOT ME!!!
SHOOOT ME!!!!! 1662325153104.png

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Had a guy have this issue even with japanese locale. Re-downloading the file and extracting it with winrar (and selecting on extraction japanese locale) fixes the issue.
FYI the issue is probably because you are not using locale and compressing the files using an emulator or a different encoding.

I have locale set and play/extract every japanese game without issues, your uploads are the first that started showing this issue because you are messing at some point during the compression process.

As you can see the audio fix is still compressed but people can uncompress those without issues. I would recommend using 7z or similar when compressing your translations to see if it helps.

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
FYI the issue is probably because you are not using locale and compressing the files using an emulator or a different encoding.

I have locale set and play/extract every japanese game without issues, your uploads are the first that started showing this issue because you are messing at some point during the compression process.

As you can see the audio fix is still compressed but people can uncompress those without issues. I would recommend using 7z or similar when compressing your translations to see if it helps.
Not using an emulator, just using 7zip to compress them.

I also do have Japanese locale set.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Not using an emulator, just using 7zip to compress them.

I also do have Japanese locale set.
Why are your uploads .zip instead of .7z? Something is wrong at some point in the chain just not sure where. Like I mentiond previously could be some mac<>win encoding issue as well.

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
Why are your uploads .zip instead of .7z? Something is wrong at some point in the chain just not sure where. Like I mentiond previously could be some mac<>win encoding issue as well.
I'm on windows 10.
You can .zip on 7zip as well. I prefer using .zip so people do not have to download 7zip to uncompress the files (which might generate confusion for some).

Maybe I'll try .rar instead if that works better, although only a small % of people get this problem. Don't know why some people do and why others don't.

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
Why your uploads have the __MACOSX folder in them? That folder is only created once a game goes through MacOs.
Just cause sometimes I test them on a virtual machine as well (which runs on macos). Although I do not modify or compress the files there.

And again... why some people have this problem and others don't? If I was braking something in the process every single person would have the issue (including me cause I uncompress and test the games on another pc as well).

Some past games also had the issue and they never touched my virtual machine on macos
... so I don't think that's the problem.

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If I was braking something in the process every single person would have the issue (including me cause I uncompress and test the games on another pc as well).
Well I guess it depends on what system they are running, lots of people reacted and downloaded the audio fix, so it isn't really a small percentage that needed it.

Also like mentioned I have my win10 set to japanese for years and never experienced similar issues before.

The differences are very slight but it is enough to cause the error:
Your game is encoded like this:
シティエンジェル
But it should be this:
シティエンジェル
If you use you will see that they are not the same which causes rpgm to not find the files, even if they look normal they have different UTF-8 codes.

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
Well I guess it depends on what system they are running, lots of people reacted and downloaded the audio fix, so it isn't really a small percentage that needed it.

Also like mentioned I have my win10 set to japanese for years and never experienced similar issues before.

The differences are very slight but it is enough to cause the error:
Your game is encoded like this:
シティエンジェル
But it should be this:
シティエンジェル
If you use you will see that they are not the same which causes rpgm to not find the files, even if they look normal they have different UTF-8 codes.
I'll try a different config with 7zip. Would you mind helping me out testing? DM me on discord if you can.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote