• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Of course AI was used to improve the artwork ('improved' in our opinion lol) but all character and scene designs were hand-drawn and then given a final treatment in Stable Diffusion.

Otherwise, the hands are really shitty for now, but they'll get better (there was a lot of editing and painting over to make them passable, but still not enough).

See some examples of original art x AI improved versions:
I'd take mediocre art with it's own character over AI-generated pile of blandness anytime

CoyotteStudio

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2023
I'd take mediocre art with it's own character over AI-generated pile of blandness anytime
I agree with you in parts, which is why we tried to use AI as a styling touch-up.

But we're not that luddist in the team. AI is there to help and facilitate.

I think our art deserves a lot of improvement, but it's still less generic than those usual Honey Select/Koikatsu models, or even the endlessly repeated DAZ models.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I agree with you in parts, which is why we tried to use AI as a styling touch-up.

I think our art deserves a lot of improvement, but it's still less generic than those usual Honey Select/Koikatsu models, or even the endlessly repeated DAZ models.
The reasons why we see the same models in DAZ, Honey Select or Koikatsu are, that many devs don't want to customize too much their characters. There is only a small amount of customization done. If the devs would take their time, they could definitly make characters, that we've either never or only rarely seen. But they just don't want to. Your handdrawn pics looked fine imo. You could've easily sticked with that and people would still come in.

As for now, I will keep an eye on it and will play once there is more content. Best of luck

RebelZone

Oct 1, 2019
Of course AI was used to improve the artwork ('improved' in our opinion lol) but all character and scene designs were hand-drawn and then given a final treatment in Stable Diffusion.

Otherwise, the hands are really shitty for now, but they'll get better (there was a lot of editing and painting over to make them passable, but still not enough).

This leaves a bad taste, would pefer the left at least

ironically this looks like any other generic AI artwork, actually now an' days I see an "anime" style art I start to associate it with AI art and I just turn them away instantly.

1676391109000.png

Dec 9, 2017
Realistically, at some point, they should add an "AI Graphics" tag, just for clarity's sake.
I'm sure that will happen as it becomes more common, just like the 2DCG and 3DCG tags.
The tech is pretty much viable to use at this point if you go over it by hand to fix anything that looks off.
Just like the shift from traditional art to CG in animation, this will save immensely on time and overhead in general.

Mark17

May 15, 2017
Man don't listen the luddites, the AI art is great, the bimbos are top notch.
I just wanted to say, I'm gonna play the game once they are more fleshed out. Bc I have a particular rule for not playing 0.000001~ish games.

So. Good luck and I'm gonna watch your career with great interest.

Last edited:

Ghost'Xo

Oct 24, 2020
Love the art the girls look great, but it was the MC holding someone at gunpoint that just guaranteed me checking it out lol.

May 29, 2022

No way! The images on the left are top-notch, honestly great! The ones on the right though are so strange... but I see where you are coming from. I guess you used the AI to give it that "anime artstyle"? But the eyes look really strange, same with the lips so idk. However the left images are great and I think you should stick with it.

Jul 27, 2021
To be honest it doesn't really matter to me, AI will only improve over time and my guess it that it will reduce the time a developer has to work on something. Rather than waiting a month for 100-500~ renders future releases might be far quicker depending on how much of the work is done by the AI. Regarding locations in the game, it beats the generic locations some games on this site feature, like the typical park with the bench and the underpass you see in a multitude of games.

I've seen hand drawn games on this site that are simply not interesting because the art-style or perhaps even artist seems different in every single preview picture. Like some parts are cleanly drawn and in the next it seems like a different artist has drawn the same area and it looks completely different, some characters look a lot different scenes as well. Not to say they're badly drawn or the games are bad, but it's distracting and a bit off-putting if a character looks vastly different when the scene changes.

Reactions: ZaIgo

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018

They're both good, but to be honest I prefer the originals. The anime-fied artstyle doesn't feel like an upgrade to me.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
People gatekeeping art needs to get their head out of their ass. Stable Diffusion is a tool. It's not any different from DAZ, HS, or Koikatsu conceptually. If they don't know how to use it, it will look retarded and cheap, just like with other tools. I don't see many people complaining about all the stupid as fuck boob socket clothing defying physics in DAZ. They just use autofit and can't be bothered to manually fix the clothes to drape over the body naturally.

I just expect some consistency in people's bitching. If you entrench yourself in a position, try to apply that logic to other ideas to make sure it doesn't break down completely.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020

Sorry to tell you but the original art is not only more consistent but makes more sense in context.

The first shot, he is holding the gun to his head. His eyes are facing the guy's head.

The AI shot, he is looking to the right.

I echo the opinions that you guys could truly work with the "Original" Art and do great. Which speaks to how great your artist actually is.

They will only get better with practice.

The reasons why we see the same models in DAZ, Honey Select or Koikatsu are, that many devs don't want to customize too much their characters. There is only a small amount of customization done. If the devs would take their time, they could definitly make characters, that we've either never or only rarely seen. But they just don't want to. Your handdrawn pics looked fine imo. You could've easily sticked with that and people would still come in.

As for now, I will keep an eye on it and will play once there is more content. Best of luck
Hell, people use the same MODELS forget even customizing them. I'm using models I've seen no one else use, so I feel very safe just based upon that :LOL:

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes