• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Dissonance [v0.10 P1 Public] [L_Elyot]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
This game leaves me torn. The sound design is good, the girls look cute, and the writing is competent in terms of language and grammar (and there's a lot of it already), which makes me WANT to like it, but that's all the game has going for it at the moment, and it has several glaring problems that just get me annoyed and frustrated:
  • There's no feeling of connection to any of the girls.
  • Suzu is one of the worst VN characters I've ever seen, and the game is worse for her being in it.
  • The conflict is all contrived and driven by characters other than the MC being intentionally non-communicative.
  • The sandbox mechanic is 100% unnecessary and actively detracts from the game's pacing and story just by existing.
  • The player has no choices that mean anything yet. I don't usually mind kinetic novels if the story is good, but this manages to somehow be a kinetic sandbox, with the worst aspects of both of those.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Minor Plot Hole:

A plot issue I noticed: Ume specifically says there's no lower limit to club sizes because the school only has ~60 students total, which completely hamstrings the entirety of the Nadeko storyline about the track club needing to be 'safe', as well as Yoshie's reason for staying in it. If the club has no lower limit to its size, why would it ever not be 'safe'?

SUMMARY:
  • Remove the sandbox and bond grind entirely. It adds nothing, and makes the game actively worse by being present. Removing it currently and all repeatable events would directly improve the game.
  • Skip all 'empty' time periods instead through transition screens (e.g. "The next few days pass without incident. That Friday..."). Again, this will preserve your pacing where the current game obliterates it.
  • Pick whether Suzu is meant to be an antagonist, a normal LI, or a femdom LI (who acts like an antagonist).
    • If she is an antagonist, remove her bond stat and rewrite her so the MC and others stop dismissing her petty bitchy bullshit attitude as acceptable 'sass', and make the other girls more overtly hostile to her.
    • If she is an LI, completely rewrite her so she's got even the tiniest hint of sympathetic behavior, and isn't just one-note petty bitchy bullshit hostility.
    • If she is a femdom LI, she can probably continue as-is, but that needs to be made clear, like in a Planned Tags section in the OP of this thread, so we can rightfully Ignore the thread for good and write the game off.
  • If Suzu is not rewritten to be an LI, Sayuri must be rewritten to NOT be one, since as she currently exists, she contributes nothing and just lets Suzu shit all over the MC without complaint.
  • Fix plot hole about no-minimum-membership for clubs vs Nadeko/track club storyline.
As the game currently stands, there's too little to look forward to to endure more Suzu/Sayuri bullshit, so I'm out.

L_Elyot

Dissonance Dev
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2022
Finally got around to adding those dev notes and, considering how much disdain it has, I'll be adding a linear game mode for those who want nothing to do with sandboxes and cheats for those who want nothing to do with grinding. No need to worry about any potential 'punishments' for using them either. Hopefully going to have these features included in v0.4.

Lolichu

May 4, 2017
Just thought I'd respond even if just for the author's benefit, since I hardly comment and your words inspired me to try and put brain words to paper, so to speak.
  • There's no feeling of connection to any of the girls.
  • Suzu is one of the worst VN characters I've ever seen, and the game is worse for her being in it.

• The conflict is all contrived and driven by characters other than the MC being intentionally non-communicative.

• The sandbox mechanic is 100% unnecessary and actively detracts from the game's pacing and story just by existing.
  • The player has no choices that mean anything yet. I don't usually mind kinetic novels if the story is good, but this manages to somehow be a kinetic sandbox, with the worst aspects of both of those.
Yea, at this point in the story, I agree with this. So far there's nothing nonlinear, so it feels like bloat

clebann

Aug 2, 2020
Every screenshot in the OP is a girl making the exact same expression... Some variety might be a good idea lol.

Reactions: L_Elyot

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Anything interesting in 0.3 or just more crap tease non sex and no feelings in the characters?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Seems like the game is fixing to get a little "darker", so that's one thing to look forward to.

Anything interesting in 0.3 or just more crap tease non sex and no feelings in the characters?
There's nothing but teasing just yet
Yoshi and Nadeko do seem to be getting more "familiar" with the MC though, with some implications of where things will go.

Perhaps in an update, or two, there will be something sexual, as it's implied that things are about to change for the MC. Whether he likes it or not.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Finally got around to adding those dev notes and, considering how much disdain it has, I'll be adding a linear game mode for those who want nothing to do with sandboxes and cheats for those who want nothing to do with grinding. No need to worry about any potential 'punishments' for using them either. Hopefully going to have these features included in v0.4.
Just checked out the Dev notes and out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by "Bukkake"? Because that can be assumed to mean that there will be multiple men involved on a love interest eventually, and if so, you might want to make that clear so no one gets surprised. Especially since it's guaranteed.

ItsAtrX

Developer of Lost in You
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Renders look really good, going to check this one out on the weekend!

MishyFam

Feb 27, 2022
Renders look nice, and the premise could turn out real interesting. I wonder though, will this be animated in the future?

Washington1234567

Oct 11, 2021
you should add more tags to your game so people can find this game more easily and so people would know what future content is coming to this game.

Reactions: L_Elyot

L_Elyot

Dissonance Dev
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2022
you should add more tags to your game so people can find this game more easily and so people would know what future content is coming to this game.
I have future planned tags under the dev notes for those curious, but I've been told not to add those to the main page itself until they actually happen in game— which I can agree with. I'd rather not have people play expecting them to show up only for them to be let down or feel lied to once they get caught up.

bigboxbarry

Feb 3, 2018
how much actual sex content so far? i see dev said its a slow burn but just curious. if theres not much ill wait a while and download it in a few updates

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
how much actual sex content so far? i see dev said its a slow burn but just curious. if theres not much ill wait a while and download it in a few updates
More teasing, flirting, and slow burn with one of the girls than sex stuff. That is likely a bit away.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Dissonance-0.4
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Dissonance [v0.4 Public] [L_Elyot]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 334 MB

PC/MAC: - WORKUPLOAD - - ANONFILES /

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes