1.90 star(s) 8 Votes

potatopower

Nov 15, 2017
There are 2 posts on his patreon regarding updates as of last month. Anyone know the details.
A really barebones tech demo, no hentai, plays like the last game but feels more clunky, no assets really, but allegedly will have more in the upcoming months.

Last edited:

Sattur

Mar 4, 2020
you'd probably finish your's before this one does. it's been about 5 years and this game probably isn't halfway done yet
Whoever the one developing this is like one of those filthy government officials that keeps on promising but nothing is being done to make it happen.

This is like a dead meme now, forever will be buried and the v1.96e shall be in our memories as this guy keeps promising nothing.

He also keeps getting sick, probably has low immunity over being criticized, this guy holds the longest record of milking people their money, hopefully they realize this person is scamming them and i mean 1 update per month and its all even shittier than those people who updates daily i mean an update a month should contain atleast 3 paragraphs of information about the game and not just some shitty post saying "Hey there's a volcano erupted nearby, i'm gonna make this a good reason to skip some work and milk more money from you peeps" Whoever reading this, please don't pledge to this guy anymore, keep your dollar and buy yourself some ice cream.

drebin

May 1, 2017
Anybody else see the rumor that Chris Armin is returning to the project? Can anybody confirm that?

His animation is literally the only reason why I would jump back on the train...
If he can afford it then yes. I really hope he returns. I'm in the same boat as you, Chris made this whole game worthwile. On a side note, it could have changed since, but to my knowledge Chris was having financial troubles last year, so he might be searching for stable income.

It's from his update on patreon, the part at the very end. I'm not going to bother with the other images unless someone is extremely curious about them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
god damn Chris deserves better.. but this scam project is what gave him tons of exposure at the same time.

Seriously i swear this is just another of viper's shenanigans. Now people are going to throw in money at him again but get nothing in return till 2021

Reactions: swe920 and drebin
Mar 27, 2018
Man I really wish Chris would just start his own thing and just make interactive animations. Cut out all of the game bull crap. Just make galleries with hot chicks doing hot things with other people and monsters. I'd jump on that in a heart beat. I've actually heard that he may be looking at starting a Patreon.

drebin

May 1, 2017
Man I really wish Chris would just start his own thing and just make interactive animations. Cut out all of the game bull crap. Just make galleries with hot chicks doing hot things with other people and monsters. I'd jump on that in a heart beat. I've actually heard that he may be looking at starting a Patreon.
From his Newgrounds profile.
It's been in plans since last July. Honestly I think he is kind of reluctant to do so, he might not like the idea of crowdfunding. Seems to me like he's forcing himself to open one, if my assumption is not far off, it would explain why he contacted ViperV after such a long time.
Either way, I wholeheartedly agree. I would jump on that in a heart beat as well.

WARNING: This question concerns my NSFW animations. Please skip it, if you're not interested!

Heya!

Money is going to look bad for me in 2020 and I need to find a solution.
Without telling you what I'd choose, please participate in the poll below:

1) charge more for commissions: I'm really underselling my animations and would need to raise the base price for
them significantly (right now it's 240$ and I'd need to raise it above 300$). If done right, a loop with some minor
alterations usually takes two weeks with over 120 work hours.
Less people would be able to afford it, but you'd get what you really want to see.

2) start a patreon: I noticed that a lot of people want not only loops, but transitions and sequences.
Patreon could provide the money necessary for me to do those properly and turn them into 'scenes' or maybe even short films with sound.
I'd collect suggestions, make 4 sketches for the best ones and then let you vote on them.

Thank you for your time. I'll leave the poll up until the end of August and then add the results to this post
or in a reply.

-Chris (CASch)

EDIT:

364 total votes
85% Patreon
15% higher commission prices

Thanks for all the votes and nice comments :3
Patreon obviously took the lead, but there's still quite some people that would like their own stuff commissioned.
I would have gone for comms - I like doing them, but it's really not a good source of income (especially for animations), so It's most likely going to be Patreon in the beginning of 2020 if nothing else comes around. Also commission prices will be slightly increased.

Thanks again and see you with an update on that next year!

7th March EDIT:

Commission prices are slightly increased. Still no Patreon, but I'm working on promotional material when I find time.
I started a twitter, for people that want more info on what I'm working on:

Cheers,
-Chris

Sattur

Mar 4, 2020
I don't like him going back to Divine Arms project, he will get used again, that's why he left in the first place because this viper guy is a cheapskate (calling him a Miser is too kind) he just used Chris' art to gather up some fanbase, not much progress was done anyways (was still all the same enemies from what he have planned before Chris Armin's joining on the project)

Chris is better off making some sort of 2d Animation for Studio Fow's Subverse, they are making a manga anyway a hentai would be great.

CrisspyFriess

May 12, 2018
Chris didn't left, Patreon was the reason why Viper didn't able to financially support the project on paying Chris because apparently Patreon caught them doing something they don't want (ToR bullshit)

That's why Viper was carefully doing things now on his patreon.

If anyone here is willing to share his previous posts on his patreon page (past months) can anyone kindly update us on whatever they are up to? he's literally making everything exclusive on his patreon page.

drebin

May 1, 2017
Chris didn't left, Patreon was the reason why Viper didn't able to financially support the project on paying Chris because apparently Patreon caught them doing something they don't want (ToR bullshit)

If anyone here is willing to share his previous posts on his patreon page (past months) can anyone kindly update us on whatever they are up to? he's literally making everything exclusive on his patreon page.
I'll be nice, but next time you should read the thread.

Here are the four previous posts, from january 2nd till april 1st. I've included the images, which are somewhat interesting, but I won't hassle myself with all the spritework and game screenshots.
The game demo is too big for an attached file, but honestly it's not worth your time. It's basically Divine Arms before it had any actual content (so just shooting), but if you are really curious I'll upload it somewhere, just ask nicely.

It's quite the novel so buckle up, and have fun reading.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For me personally, other than the news about Chris, this is the most interesting thing that happened in the last four months. It's actually pretty nice.

Aramus.gif

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018

Doesn't really matter whether Chris left or stayed back then when the game constantly gets delay over and over due to personal reasons. It's always either someone is ill, or natural disaster strike.

As much as I love Chris's work, Viper can actually animate stuff himself and pretty well. There were people who said they are satisfied with his own style as long as the development progresses, but nope.

1.90 star(s) 8 Votes