1.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
Could be because of Divine Arms and the drama around it. I know for a fact that some imbeciles on Patreon got a bad case of Stockholm syndrome and harassed artists/animators that left bad projects, causing them to fail/go on hiatus. Christ might have experienced the same stuff in one way or another...though that's just my guess.
Could also be a simple "cut off" from the previous bad decisions / bad PR.
I could swear that Chris Armin is newer as a name than the casch one. I remember seeing caschlecook all the way back in 2014.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
jokes aside, it was such a shame. divine arms manages to be a fantastic game even now. some of chrisarmin's finest works are in the game; after it, he got a little weird with those inflation videos.
Haha, yeah. that's what I just ran into. the art and animation itself is still good but inflation is just completely not for me.
Such a turn-off.

Exalt219

Jun 27, 2020
Coming back to revive a dead thread. Viper posted that he's coming back to work on the original Divine Arms again. Sounds like Viper is trying to combine the game he currently has, Divine Arms Origins with the OG top down Divine Arms. Apparently that was supposed to be a part of the OG Divine Arms all along. He said he's rushing to get a beta out for playtesting but he has three problems he has to fix, which he also said he feels he's close to getting fixed anyway, those being the freezing ability to walk over water not working correctly, Enemy AI, and creating alternate sprites for when Siggy is nude as he has to create a nude sprite for every single action she has so it doubles the work.

• Haha
Reactions: Buziol and luca1982

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Coming back to revive a dead thread. Viper posted that he's coming back to work on the original Divine Arms again. Sounds like Viper is trying to combine the game he currently has, Divine Arms Origins with the OG top down Divine Arms. Apparently that was supposed to be a part of the OG Divine Arms all along. He said he's rushing to get a beta out for playtesting but he has three problems he has to fix, which he also said he feels he's close to getting fixed anyway, those being the freezing ability to walk over water not working correctly, Enemy AI, and creating alternate sprites for when Siggy is nude as he has to create a nude sprite for every single action she has so it doubles the work.
I wanted to laugh at the very idea of "it was a plan all along!"...but then I read the part about enemy AI and alternate sprites - this is basically saying "it will take a fuckton of time and any time estimates are completely out of the ass"

Exalt219

Jun 27, 2020
I wanted to laugh at the very idea of "it was a plan all along!"...but then I read the part about enemy AI and alternate sprites - this is basically saying "it will take a fuckton of time and any time estimates are completely out of the ass"
Yea exactly. I figured I would post what he said cause so many people like Divine Arms but the whole "Origins was supposed to be apart of the OG all along" thing... yeah I ain't buying that one bit lol.

Reactions: Buziol

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
and creating alternate sprites for when Siggy is nude as he has to create a nude sprite for every single action she has
So this is why the game was never completed. Thankfully he's "close" to getting this done though. I'm sure people would understand why he kept that information hidden as to why the game fell apart from the ground up, imagine the backlash he'd have had telling his paying customers they were getting 1.5 times the sprites during those trying times.

zer90

Dec 5, 2017
welp new update just dropped in patreon for the OG Divine arms, anyone still subscribed to him would like to share?

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
yeah, in the discord server he even pinged everryone for it, but he doesn't mention anything about it being public so i guess i can just wait in here or kemono for someone to post it
Just fucking look at the audacity of this dude:
mmma.PNG
"Hey! I suddenly want to remake my older game...I mean, it was a plan all along buahahaha!
So, while we are at it, wanna check out how little stuff I did so far? Cool, gimme 1$ buck and you can check out the changelog that should be public, maybe play functionally the same game...it's crazy, right?"

zer90

Dec 5, 2017
Just fucking look at the audacity of this dude:
View attachment 2818223
"Hey! I suddenly want to remake my older game...I mean, it was a plan all along buahahaha!
So, while we are at it, wanna check out how little stuff I did so far? Cool, gimme 1$ buck and you can check out the changelog that should be public, maybe play functionally the same game...it's crazy, right?"
thing is even the changelog ain't public

Rizzob

Jan 22, 2018
It's a shame, I never got this game to run and I've been trying on and off for years. It gets to a background with '0 G' at the top right corner and stops. Finagling with the play and pause settings in flash did bring up a title screen with none of the elements responsive. I see some people speculating it's a windows 10 thing but not really offering a fix. Admin and nothing else makes it work. Oh well.

EDIT: I guess if trying to troubleshoot it, the puzzling part is that adobe's flash player's debugger says the main methods for showing the title screen and playing the BG music doesn't exist.

Last edited:

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
It's a shame, I never got this game to run and I've been trying on and off for years. It gets to a background with '0 G' at the top right corner and stops. Finagling with the play and pause settings in flash did bring up a title screen with none of the elements responsive. I see some people speculating it's a windows 10 thing but not really offering a fix. Admin and nothing else makes it work. Oh well.

EDIT: I guess if trying to troubleshoot it, the puzzling part is that adobe's flash player's debugger says the main methods for showing the title screen and playing the BG music doesn't exist.
You've probably tried that already if you tried to get it to work for years but I'll ask anyway.

Did you tried downloading different versions of flash player to run the game?

I had problem with some flash games in the past, freezing/UI not responding/hang at start.
Some games worked as soon as I tried running them with another version of flash player.

If there's a swf you can just drag and drop the file on the flash_player_version.exe to run the game.

1.90 star(s) 8 Votes