1.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Slayerz Muchuu krinekron
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not this game! Guys, read what was just a few posts above. The game you know and remember is done for, this is some sort of new version with wave attacks. New protagonist, new gameplay - no real erotic value too. It's not even called Divine Arms actually but Divine Defense or Divine Arms: Origin and is mislabeled on purpose I guess.

divine defense.PNG

I've already reported the updated links to mod to have it changed / separated from the original links so no one is confused about it.

Last edited:

LordEisar

Jan 28, 2018
The snake continues to make the game nobody wanted

How many artists have there been since Chris? 2? 3?

When will this one leave to ensure that we will get a Divine Arms: Origins prequal?

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Well, it kinda did. ViperV decided to kill it off after Chris jumped out (there's a huge maybe about going back to it but not for now). Focus shifted towards new projects in the same setting, like Forbidden Arms or whatever is this "new Divine Arms game that is not Divine Arms".
Each new project isn't anything special (gameplay, story and hentai-wise) and most likely will not be when Viper finally decides to "finish" them.
Bruh.

Dinamida

Feb 9, 2018
am i seeing right? Divine Arms update?

edit: huh no, im not seeing right lmao

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Buziol

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
The snake continues to make the game nobody wanted

How many artists have there been since Chris? 2? 3?

When will this one leave to ensure that we will get a Divine Arms: Origins prequal?
I actually only remember there were three - ViperV (first demo and a mixed bag of recent stuff), Chris (the following releases till the final 1.98-2.00) and Alya (did a bunch of actually quite cool sketches for a few months back in 2018?).

Based on my super quick look, it seem there's one called Jen (@jenocidero), DynamoHeart and B-Spike that did something for new projects or at very least serve as patreon bait for higher tiers.

BTW, here's a quick look into the past that we all might find enjoyable :)

EDIT:
Before anyone says anything, I feel quite bitter about this particular game. It was one of those projects that I had some hopes for back in 2015-2017 and remember how the delays were slowly making me grow into a sceptic (or maybe a realist?) about Hdevs ethics and ability to manage anything.
I mean, I love the designs of the characters. They are not over the top, edgy or anything - simple yet interesting and creative. Scenes? Cool as well, from the very start of the development...it's just not enough to carry the whole thing.

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
Slayerz Muchuu krinekron
It's not this game! Guys, read what was just a few posts above. The game you know and remember is done for, this is some sort of new version with wave attacks. New protagonist, new gameplay - no real erotic value too. It's not even called Divine Arms actually but Divine Defense or Divine Arms: Origin and is mislabeled on purpose I guess.

View attachment 2144590

I've already reported the updated links to mod to have it changed / separated from the original links so no one is confused about it.
OMG that SPOILER! How could you give it all away like that? That's one of those spoilers that "ruins" the update by letting a degenerate like me skip the game play. As good or better than a Full Save link.

MrFrosty

Oct 6, 2018
Back in the day, when Chris just recently jumped ship I wasn't too keen on instantly calling the game a scam like everyone else. Some games just have development hell struggles and I've always said people are too quick to cry scam.
Now things have gotten to the point of it just being unfinished project after unfinished project and now, on top of that, they're jumping into the NFT bandwagon years too late rather than working on ANY of them.

Now I can 100% say without a doubt that shit's a disappointing grift. Between this and the whole thing of Kiss My Camera making you have to pay $40 to get all the worthwhile parts of the recent update that's honestly pretty damn small considering that paywall, (On top of some of the shit I've seen in Nutaku) I'm starting to really get why everyone here is so cynical about this stuff.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
why is this in Latest uploads? Is it because of that 1.4 thing a couple days ago? Wasn't that a false alarm, or did it turn out to be actual progress?

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
why is this in Latest uploads? Is it because of that 1.4 thing a couple days ago? Wasn't that a false alarm, or did it turn out to be actual progress?
It's a false alarm caused by mislabeled update of a completely different game by ViperV. The game this thread was all about isn't updated.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
eh I thought this game alrdy got abandonned? xD
It is...kinda. Their patreon post from easter time 2021 says they wanted to switch to Godot engine, rewriting stuff and all (good decision actually...but kinda problematic since they don't know shit about it at that particular point in time).

Let's do a timejump to July 2022 - he says more-or-less that the original Divine Arms will be moved to Godot only after gaining more experience with it from the other two projects. It means that it's on shelf right now...and for at least another few years, if the current dev-speed is any indicator.

Reactions: Blake639
1.90 star(s) 8 Votes