VN Ren'Py Abandoned Divine Conception [v0.1.0] [Haramase Project]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

chrisdevchroma

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2017
So I guess it is then?

just confirming so that people who view this thread don't keep their hopes up.
It seems that you have more knowledge about the game's development than I do (as one of the game devs). Please oh wise protector of the commoners, what do you see in your crystal ball.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

cedr777

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
It seems that you have more knowledge about the game's development than I do (as one of the game devs). Please oh wise protector of the commoners, what do you see in your crystal ball.
Oh plz, spare me the sarcasm. besides, why are you so butthurt? I was just asking if there was progress(even if just a little), could've said something else other than attacking me.

PS. sorry for my bad english btw, not my first language.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Hey guys you know what you should never do? If you find a demonic looking book it common sense to not read the words out loud. lmao

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
:unsure:

Seems like I need to get off my lazy ass and start to get some life in this again, as well trying to find a artist who literally fell of the earth :rolleyes:.
Glad to see your still around. It's shame about your artist. If your artist doesn't continue, I doubt the game will survive the test of time. After 6 months, people were calling it dead. My own hopes of a new version release died with 2018. I probably call it dead a year after the first release.

chrisdevchroma

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2017
Glad to see your still around. It's shame about your artist. If your artist doesn't continue, I doubt the game will survive the test of time. After 6 months, people were calling it dead. My own hopes of a new version release died with 2018. I probably call it dead a year after the first release.
Only depending on one (external) artist is just asking for problems I agree. Seems he doesn't have regular access to computer/internet due to Asian natural disasters...
There is more unreleased material, but without any final drawn art no release as you can suspect. So the hunt is still on.

(Maybe it's way easier to pull out my draw tablet and start drawing again myself derp...)

Jan 1, 2018
Only depending on one (external) artist is just asking for problems I agree. Seems he doesn't have regular access to computer/internet due to Asian natural disasters...
There is more unreleased material, but without any final drawn art no release as you can suspect. So the hunt is still on.

(Maybe it's way easier to pull out my draw tablet and start drawing again myself derp...)
Not your fault. Every game is a chain, and no matter how strong, one link is going to be the weakest. Sounds like it's not his (the artist's) fault either, but nevertheless, the chain broke.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but considering how long this thing has foundered, and the development of better engines in that time, have you considered just hitting the reset button? Development might actually progress FASTER with a new engine (once you get the artist lined up).

chrisdevchroma

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2017
I know this is not what you want to hear, but considering how long this thing has foundered, and the development of better engines in that time, have you considered just hitting the reset button? Development might actually progress FASTER with a new engine (once you get the artist lined up).
What engine do you mean? Unity? That's way too bloated for just a 2D VN.
Which one would then be the suggestion.

Jan 1, 2018
What engine do you mean? Unity? That's way too bloated for just a 2D VN.
Which one would then be the suggestion.
Oh I agree, Unity would be too much for this, but even the Ren'Py engine has been updated 10 TIMES since this thread was created. (Don't know when development started, but it was certainly before you started this thread.) Even if you stick with Ren'Py, it's become easier and more flexible to use. There are other engines out there too. I'm not trying to give you more work. Just the opposite. I'd love to see this game finished, and I'm hoping to expedite that.

chrisdevchroma

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2017
Oh I agree, Unity would be too much for this, but even the Ren'Py engine has been updated 10 TIMES since this thread was created. (Don't know when development started, but it was certainly before you started this thread.) Even if you stick with Ren'Py, it's become easier and more flexible to use. There are other engines out there too. I'm not trying to give you more work. Just the opposite. I'd love to see this game finished, and I'm hoping to expedite that.
We're going to stay with Ren'Py for sure :)

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote