sonolfal

Jul 8, 2017
That is actually a good point. Although the actual gender according to wiki is male but... Here it's female and it might have actually been Archangel Michael.
All the angels have been genderbent to girls in this, and Michael is her own character.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Cryswar

trees

Dec 4, 2018
So how much trust and affection does each character need for all their scenes currently?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Tried this game yesterday, and I like it. Like archangel lady most, i think she's mostly well made character and her personality is interesting. I don't care much about art, i would still enjoy it even without character images. I picked male Sam from the start (because of plot coherence reasons, it was very hard for me to imagine speaking to female friend like that), so I missed even that much of character art this game has, but that didn't make me sad. That were things that did make me sad though: first thing that I notice, that Cryswar has horrible sense for names (sry if it offends you, but that's my imo). Calling main character "Astaroth", why would you give some dragon/boss/demon lord name to lvl 1 protagonist? Luckily I could change it in game. But then it becomes worse, archangel lady is called "Metatron", srsrly? Is this angel or transformer? Even if you want to stress that she is kind of consruct by your lore, that would be one thing. But why other angels have perfectly usual angel names? So this is heaven, ladies and gentlemen, and here you can see best of archangels we have to offer: Michael, Lucifer and ... Metatron. Her name, unfortunately, wasn't mendable from game, so i had to resort to find/replace through game files.
Names aside what made me sad in writing is excessive use of "fuck". Cryswar, please, stop putting "fuck" in every third sentence, its like I'm reading story that edgy teenager wrote for his edgy teenager pals. Same applies to meme humor, it really seems out of place in medieval setting that you try to build up yourself:
"your man Samuel L. Jackass definitely has hair"
Megatron "BEGONE-"
Ashley "...Thot. Heh."
"as the door opens to reveal the man who fucked your mom." etc.

Oof, when I found those, the cringe was real. I don't know why is that so many authors want to put memes in their writing, but it rarely works. There are also some cringy reply options here and there too, luckily you could pick something else, in case you don't want to meme roleplay:

Metatron "I am a weapon. My only purpose is to fight. Why will you not leave me to it?!"
"It's not the right thing to do."
"Because you're a person, not a thing."
"'Cuz you're cute."

Apart from all that, continuity of gameplay feels kinda strange, because before some point, all your playthrough is completely linear, then you decide to help Metatron on her journey, and gameplay becomes completely sandboxish. I mean jump was very abrupt there, I figured that you made whole lost temple part as kind of intro/tutorial, but still, I hope you add some meaningful plot progression events in the future, apart from usual spending time with chicks, and going on adventures.

If you managed to read all of that, it may seem to you that I didn't like the game much, but it's quite the contrary, i think it has good potential, and wanted to bring to your attention things that I found lacking.
Metatron is an actual angel in mythology, a very important one in fact; their name and lore both significantly impacted this character. There are a number of angels here that originate from Talmud and Kabbalistic texts rather than the Bible - it's more of a focus on Jewish than Christian mythology for the angels, especially with the kabbalistic stuff coming later. The original Metatron is actually really interesting though, I highly recommend reading their lore!

Not much I can do about the name sounding somewhat similar to Megatron. Metatron predates that name by almost 2000 years. You can think of her as a reformed Megatron if it helps, haha.

Not liking Astaroth is fine. That's why you can change the name.

I agree there's a bit too much memeing at the start, I do intend to rework it eventually. That said, outside of serious plot moments the game isn't meant to be too deadly serious and stuck up its own ass - I'm trying to find a good middle ground between road trip and srs bizness vibes. I can absolutely improve on the quality of humor, though. Outside of the early forest/temple stuff, I think I've been finding a better balance.

The jump from linear to sandbox-ish is a fair point... the linear part was meant to be the intro/tutorial of sorts, yeah.

There is still very much an overall focused/linear progression; the next few updates will kick the plot back into gear as the party reaches Badon and starts expanding on the Hob genocide, Metatron's personal storyline, etc. The adventure areas are meant to feel like you're actually traveling to Badon rather than just teleporting there.

I appreciate your taking the time to type out all of that. Constructive criticism is very valuable in helping me improve the game.

So how much trust and affection does each character need for all their scenes currently?
T/A requirements go up by 2 for each scene. Most of them cap at 2, but IIRC Sarah and Ashley have 4 affection sex scenes and Metatron has 4 affection T/A scenes. No character requires more than 4 of each currently. I'm going to see if I can make non-unlocked choices show up as greyed out so you can look ahead in the next update, I think.

Give me the descriptions and styles you want art in and I'll create something for all of them for free (prob not full shading unless I find some more free time but should still be good enough). I need something to motivate me anyway and I've got some free time; plus always looking to help someone out. Don't want you spending all your money so early on
That's very kind of you to offer! I have 3 commissions ongoing and a few more Soon(tm) so I will actually have art for most of the characters over the next two months ideally. I'm using Patreonbux to fund it so it's doable if I take it slow. If you're still interested in doing placeholder art, could I see an example or two of your work to see if it'd fit with the other art styles?

Reactions: Nevart

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
That said, outside of serious plot moments the game isn't meant to be too deadly serious and stuck up its own ass - I'm trying to find a good middle ground between road trip and srs bizness vibes.
I figured that was your intention, but I really think it would be better, if jokes didn't break 4 wall that much and was kept inside of your own universe.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I figured that was your intention, but I really think it would be better, if jokes didn't break 4 wall that much and was kept inside of your own universe.
Yep, that's completely fair.

puttputt77

Oct 23, 2020
I am not a techwizard so what i say could very well be false positives... but as a precaution i throw every download trough virustotal and other virusscanners, on this download it shows that this file is unsafe and that there is a trojan in it. The humor on this game intrigues me greatly but i want to be better safe then sorry, could the dev maybe explain what the unsafe files could be? i will delete this comment aswell afterwards if im wrong, dont want to create misconceptions, cheers

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I am not a techwizard so what i say could very well be false positives... but as a precaution i throw every download trough virustotal and other virusscanners, on this download it shows that this file is unsafe and that there is a trojan in it. The humor on this game intrigues me greatly but i want to be better safe then sorry, could the dev maybe explain what the unsafe files could be? i will delete this comment aswell afterwards if im wrong, dont want to create misconceptions, cheers
I'll be honest with you, I'm not super knowledgeable about any of that stuff, what files in particular is it saying are potentially problematic? Or just the game as a whole?

I remember hearing that renpy 7.4.3 had some false positive issues IIRC, but I'm on 7.4.5 or 6 so I had assumed it would be fixed by now.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Yeee BUDDY. 0.13 is out! Full changelog in first post or discord, but tl;dr Metatron art, Sam fire training completed, more fire spells, and stat respecs.

0.14 will come in late August, as an experimental monthly update to see if that helps me fit everything I want into one update. No exact date, I'm gonna aim for somewhere around the 25th-28th though.

As always, if you want info in the meantime, I post weekly and usually daily progress updates in the discord. You can just post here and ask too I guess, lol.

Julius

Jul 9, 2017
I only just started, but given the names you used for the light and dark goddesses, I'll be very disappointed if I don't end up getting to wield Dandelga as a fire magic swordsman.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Ye, both of you ran into the same bug. One of the things I did last patch in prep for the next and September was making it possible to have win/loss scenes in sex battles, but one of the checks is FUBAR. Should have a fix up later today.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes