???????????

Jun 12, 2018
So for romance if you get in a relationship with a girl will there be acknowledgement during the story? Like dialogue changes or exclusive scenes for that girl. Or will they be self contained separate from the main story.

Kan'u Unchou

Jul 14, 2021
The banter is a relic of my not knowing how to start the game, and not accurate for the majority of the content. I'll freely admit the opening is mediocre at best, and probably holding the game back quite a bit. It dies down a bit in the temple and mostly fucks off afterward. At some point, I will rewrite the opening (similar plot points, less cringy).
Yes, I noticed that and it seems I spoke too soon. I was at the part in the temple where Metatron was sealed and had just met the succubi, but after that the banter drastically came down, which I had not foreseen happening at the time of writing my comment. I wasn't diligent there in writing that as it reads like a generalisation for the whole game.

Text display (also linked to your last point) is something I can improve on. If I go too short per-line, people complain it's not all one line, though...
I think I might have been a little misunderstood there because of my poor articulation. I'm not saying it is all one line as in the case of a runaway sentence. I was just thinking that the amount of text displayed at any given time on the screen with its specific formatting was a bit tedious to read. Like the same thing that was displayed in one click of the mouse could be shown in two clicks in the text box when there are like 4-5 lines. That's how the Japanese visual novels do it.

Longer narrations can be reworded to fit that format and fit in more clicks or just continued in the next click if possible. Idk if it's the formatting/spacing too but while reading the Japanese ones it takes less effort to actively follow the text with your eyes. This felt more tedious to me ironically when coupled with the genuinely good narration that you write (esp the H scenes are pretty lewd). Something like this which which is easier to read:-

1649506516339.png

It might also be that the indie community here has a taste for that style of text display. I wouldn't want to cause any pernicious alteration of your perception about community preferences. I haven't played as many non-japanese VN titles and people here seem to have different tastes like in the case of wanting more animation instead of CG in scenes.

More sound effects/BGM swapping at the start is a great idea. I actually just recently played a friend's game, who does a great job of that, and it helped me realize how... lacking I've been in that regard.
Looking forward to those changes! I think that change would also greatly benefit places where there is a long narration like that part where you arrive at the temple. This along with a few CGs for the temple would take most of the flatness out with immersion.

Also, I've been playing through the training part and the H-scenes. The H-scenes are pretty nicely written in that they feel genunely lewd. The narration is pretty nice and I really liked it. I had a few much more minor suggestions reagrding this part for your analysis on their worthiness. The first, that the learning part for new skills like "wind magic 1" have lengthy expositions and feel that they make up a large part of the content of the game which feels slightly dull (I've been doing the ones from that village quasi-loli). Second, a bit more verbal interaction could be added leading into the H scene and in the middle of it for a more organic, fluid and human feel; though it's great already so idk if it would just be a hassle at this point.

Reactions: Nelari and Cryswar

Asa1984

Jun 8, 2021
As others noted, libido was originally one of the core stats to make more of a 'horny bastard' playstyle possible. It wasn't really fun to have to waste stats on a pointless stat for sexy stuff though, so it got removed, you can still be a horny bastard, and the Libido will come back down the road as something you increase via sex battles rather than wasting stat points.
Again, thx for reply

Right now, no one. Soon (hopefully this coming update) you'll be able to pick up most basic weapon types by yourself and switch between weapons, as well as adding some more.
Damn. I guess Ill have to w8 next update...hmmm... switching between weapons sounds QL. So, in theory - I'll be able to learn every possible school of magic and all of the fighting styles? awesome!!! ohh, damn, Ill have to grind or cheat to get all of it

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
So for romance if you get in a relationship with a girl will there be acknowledgement during the story? Like dialogue changes or exclusive scenes for that girl. Or will they be self contained separate from the main story.
Bit of both. Some lines will swap and characters may react to some things differently as appropriate, depending on your romance progress, but large portions of story stuff will remain the same regardless. Like, when Metatron is talking to the priest, she's not gonna get any special lines about your romance, but if you did romance her maybe you'll be able to squeeze her hand during a stressful situation, or she'll have a different apology line if she snaps at you after finding out Juno-Seto is actually Adolf Hitler.

Yes, I noticed that and it seems I spoke too soon. I was at the part in the temple where Metatron was sealed and had just met the succubi, but after that the banter drastically came down, which I had not foreseen happening at the time of writing my comment. I wasn't diligent there in writing that as it reads like a generalisation for the whole game.

I think I might have been a little misunderstood there because of my poor articulation. I'm not saying it is all one line as in the case of a runaway sentence. I was just thinking that the amount of text displayed at any given time on the screen with its specific formatting was a bit tedious to read. Like the same thing that was displayed in one click of the mouse could be shown in two clicks in the text box when there are like 4-5 lines. That's how the Japanese visual novels do it.

Longer narrations can be reworded to fit that format and fit in more clicks or just continued in the next click if possible. Idk if it's the formatting/spacing too but while reading the Japanese ones it takes less effort to actively follow the text with your eyes. This felt more tedious to me ironically when coupled with the genuinely good narration that you write (esp the H scenes are pretty lewd). Something like this which which is easier to read:-

View attachment 1748165

It might also be that the indie community here has a taste for that style of text display. I wouldn't want to cause any pernicious alteration of your perception about community preferences. I haven't played as many non-japanese VN titles and people here seem to have different tastes like in the case of wanting more animation instead of CG in scenes.

Looking forward to those changes! I think that change would also greatly benefit places where there is a long narration like that part where you arrive at the temple. This along with a few CGs for the temple would take most of the flatness out with immersion.

Also, I've been playing through the training part and the H-scenes. The H-scenes are pretty nicely written in that they feel genunely lewd. The narration is pretty nice and I really liked it. I had a few much more minor suggestions reagrding this part for your analysis on their worthiness. The first, that the learning part for new skills like "wind magic 1" have lengthy expositions and feel that they make up a large part of the content of the game which feels slightly dull (I've been doing the ones from that village quasi-loli). Second, a bit more verbal interaction could be added leading into the H scene and in the middle of it for a more organic, fluid and human feel; though it's great already so idk if it would just be a hassle at this point.
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, believe it or not, I used to have even clunkier walls of text LOL. I'm working on it.

More CGs would be nice, but prohibitively expensive to do all at once, so it's one of those things I'll slowly improve on.

Glad you're digging the H-scenes! It depends on the scene, obviously I can't have her talk much in the middle of a blowjob, but other scenes could have more. I appreciate the feedback; somewhat ironically I haven't heard much feedback (good or bad) on most of those.

The magic training varies wildly by character; Sam's is much more personal and to the point, whereas Celica is more verbose and technical. They are a surprising amount of content at the moment, though. I don't plan to significantly change them, but as more other content gets added they'll grow to be less of the game proportionally.

Kan'u Unchou

Jul 14, 2021
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, believe it or not, I used to have even clunkier walls of text LOL. I'm working on it.
oh lol I can feel the pain you had fixing that from all the way here.

somewhat ironically I haven't heard much feedback (good or bad) on most of those.
Good ones are kinda rare XD but if it was bad, you would have had at least a few passive aggressive messages. The gameplay and the H scene narration is just quite nice, the gameplay being both fun and non-grindy unlike most indies. After later updates when you'll get the chance to add CG slowly and other changes it'll be a pretty nice game.

• Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Again, thx for reply

Damn. I guess Ill have to w8 next update...hmmm... switching between weapons sounds QL. So, in theory - I'll be able to learn every possible school of magic and all of the fighting styles? awesome!!! ohh, damn, Ill have to grind or cheat to get all of it
I try to update about once a month. And yes, I don't mind someone learning everything, though to do it without grinding you'd definitely have to be a fair bit further in the game, or cheat a lot. There will be a cheat menu at some point.

oh lol I can feel the pain you had fixing that from all the way here.

Good ones are kinda rare XD but if it was bad, you would have had at least a few passive aggressive messages. The gameplay and the H scene narration is just quite nice, the gameplay being both fun and non-grindy unlike most indies. After later updates when you'll get the chance to add CG slowly and other changes it'll be a pretty nice game.
Glad you enjoyed overall. Thank you again for the constructive criticism, some parts will take a while to fix (can't rewrite the opening without a good plan for it) but others I can start on sooner, and take to heart in general.

Reactions: Kan'u Unchou

Asa1984

Jun 8, 2021
Hi there. Question - Is my decision in sparing/killing the Hobs somehow important for future story progress/events, or they are just XP resource?
I wasn't consistent - I liked the lone surviving warrior, thought it was dishonorable to kill the poor bastard so I spared him. But on other occasions it was more like: oh, hi there my XP!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hi there. Question - Is my decision in sparing/killing the Hobs somehow important for future story progress/events, or they are just XP resource?
I wasn't consistent - I liked the lone surviving warrior, thought it was dishonorable to kill the poor bastard so I spared him. But on other occasions it was more like: oh, hi there my XP!
Yes. actually. In either 0.20 or 0.21, you'll find out what effects those choices had.

Your choices here won't hardlock you out of anything, but killing/sparing them will affect the flavor of the final choices. THOSE choices will be much more clear, since they will lock you into a solution for the hob problem.

Reactions: Arastorm

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
can't rewrite the opening without a good plan for it
Instead of
"lets find and fuck SUCCubie, yeeee......what the 'intercourse', zombie boars....ooooooooo, shiny stones...wait that doesnt seems right...."
change it to
"we are matures now, we are making our own scouting mission, yeeee......what the 'intercourse', zombie boars....ooooooooo, shiny stones...wait that doesnt seems right...."

Your choices here won't hardlock you out of anything, but killing/sparing them will affect the flavor of the final choices. THOSE choices will be much more clear, since they will lock you into a solution for the hob problem.
So it would be a choice between "peace, peace baby" and "if it was fun, its not a genocide"?

• Haha

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
In the description of the sealing circle(in the intro temple), it is described as being "seven feet tall" which should be foot as it is a multiple. Also, wouldn't it technically be a sealing cylinder if it has height to it?
In the same area, after fighting the lone shadow dog and choosing to fight individual enemies, it says "who 'they' is is" where the first 'is' should be an 'are'.
After the big wave of light that follows the previously mentioned encounter the narration says "There's still not much in the wise of lighting" which seems to be a mix of 'lighting wise' and 'in the way of lighting'.
After the journey home and knocking on the door it is phrased in a way that makes it seem like Celica's grandpa opens the door, which left me somewhat confused when 'Dad' starts talking. Before that bit it is established that the PC doesn't want to leave M with gramps but I don't think it's ever really made clear that gramps is Celica's gramps and not the PC's gramps.

And just out of curiosity, when is male Sam getting art?

Last edited:

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Still feel that the way turn counters for buffs/debuffs really desincentivises the low initiative/revenge build. It would atleast help if things like 'shield charge' which, at base, give one turn of defense boost were altered as it is largely useless given that it last starting when the player attacks, usually after the enemies with a typical tank build, until the player chooses their next action, before the enemy attacks.

Reactions: Arastorm and Nelari

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Still feel that the way turn counters for buffs/debuffs really desincentivises the low initiative/revenge build. It would atleast help if things like 'shield charge' which, at base, give one turn of defense boost were altered as it is largely useless given that it last starting when the player attacks, usually after the enemies with a typical tank build, until the player chooses their next action, before the enemy attacks.
That's why one mastery extends the duration; I actually run a shield build with that mastery myself. Revenge builds get much bigger bonuses than high-initiative builds, and shields, in particular, get pretty bonkers bonuses - too many, honestly; their damage amp is RIDICULOUS on top of the incredible survivability.

They have to have a downside somewhere, and 1 turn stuns are meant to be more of an interrupt than guaranteed CC.

Last edited:

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
That's why one mastery extends the duration; I actually run a shield build with that mastery myself. Revenge builds get much bigger bonuses than high-initiative builds, and shields, in particular, get pretty bonkers damage bonuses- too many, honestly. They have to have a downside somewhere, and 1 turn stuns are meant to be more of an interrupt than guaranteed CC.
Speaking of shield builds, impervious doesn't seem to work for me or atleast it doesn't show up in the stats menu under the mitigation percentage.
Could this be because it specifies a shield being equipped?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Speaking of shield builds, impervious doesn't seem to work for me or atleast it doesn't show up in the stats menu under the mitigation percentage.
Could this be because it specifies a shield being equipped?
I will look into it, thank you for the report.

DrLopunny

Sep 4, 2017
I really liked this game, but I liked Celica's character most of all, despite basically getting dumped on the protag in this peacemeal "Hey I existed" way they were incredibly endearing and competent while still being capable and a good if sometimes muderous foil.

Where did you get the inspiration for her Character and if you had an overt one could you give me them since there simply is not enough of her as written.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I really liked this game, but I liked Celica's character most of all, despite basically getting dumped on the protag in this peacemeal "Hey I existed" way they were incredibly endearing and competent while still being capable and a good if sometimes muderous foil.

Where did you get the inspiration for her Character and if you had an overt one could you give me them since there simply is not enough of her as written.
You know, you're not the first person who thought her intro was weird. It was intended to be weird - implied / eventually stated that she panicked when she found out from Sam that you were leaving and basically interjected herself to the party - but it seems like I maybe missed something in implementing it? If you have specific thoughts on that I'm all ears. She's one of my favorite characters to write, so I'm glad you like her!

I didn't have a particular inspiration for Celica character-wise honestly. It's an idea I'd had floating around for a few years before starting this game; an unhealthily dependent relationship from a distance, forced into action by circumstances and trying to figure out an actual, healthy, affectionate relationship in the process.

I like yanderes and kuuderes a lot in general, so... that was kinda her starting point. Was trying to make a more realistic take on them without falling too hard into the tropes. She ended up a bit nicer than I had originally intended, tbh.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Does punture's vitality reduction have an indicator if it's in effect? I have used a good few times but it never showed up as a debuff affecting the enemies.

I feel kindoff weird about vitality's implementation, the percentile reduction to damage is nice but increasing the stat doesn't really feel like it makes a character more powerfull and instead feels more like maintenance. It would probably feel a bit more like a genuine stat increase if it gave something like a point or two of HP aswell instead of just being near static in function.

DrLopunny

Sep 4, 2017
You know, you're not the first person who thought her intro was weird. It was intended to be weird - implied / eventually stated that she panicked when she found out from Sam that you were leaving and basically interjected herself to the party - but it seems like I maybe missed something in implementing it? If you have specific thoughts on that I'm all ears. She's one of my favorite characters to write, so I'm glad you like her!
Implication is cool and all, and her panic is noticeable from the protagonists perspective, but having someone else notice it and mention it while not dropping the reason so she can tell you it herself as she already does would definitely ease her entrance.

The Easiest way is to just use the mother to State this openly and clearly, that Celica seemed panicky and have her guess the reason to make the introduction as is less confusing. It can even pull double duty for your mom to try to 'blackmail' you into not doing the dirty during the night (Fat Chance mom I got 2 succubi). A second idea although I don't remember if you already do this, mention her by name alongside your earliest meeting with Sam, during the start of the conversation or monologue.

Either way I am glad she is your favorite to write, reminds me of a similar conversation I had with Runey (Harem Hotel's Dev) and my favorite character from there Ashley. I hope some early simple dialogue edits + more content for her makes her popularity more than Ashley's just having the most vocal fans.

Also as a side I definitely find her Kindness towards those she clearly delineates as friends (IE mostly just you) mixed and juxtaposed with her outward harshness with tinges of obsession for you to be pleasant reading portions.

Well gushing over Celica aside I have a request, and that's to add a list on what characters have special events in the dungeons, a simple *X wants to go with you here* wouldn't be remiss, since Celica's scene with fighting the fish slavers might've been missed and that would've been a travesty. I also gotta say on that event that choosing to rush for the girl is just the worse option if you have her, since you get basically the same ending dialouge but miss Celica's actual scene, so thank you for not disabling rollback on this game so I can see both.

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Does punture's vitality reduction have an indicator if it's in effect? I have used a good few times but it never showed up as a debuff affecting the enemies.

I feel kindoff weird about vitality's implementation, the percentile reduction to damage is nice but increasing the stat doesn't really feel like it makes a character more powerfull and instead feels more like maintenance. It would probably feel a bit more like a genuine stat increase if it gave something like a point or two of HP aswell instead of just being near static in function.
It's already the strongest stat in the game by a wide margin. If I was going to add HP to it, I'd have to drop the mitigation significantly.

I'm not violently against the idea, but it's also not a problem I'm desperate to solve.

I'll look into the Puncture issue as well, thank you for the report. It's very helpful to catch things I might have missed or broken sometime after testing them.

Implication is cool and all, and her panic is noticeable from the protagonists perspective, but having someone else notice it and mention it while not dropping the reason so she can tell you it herself as she already does would definitely ease her entrance.

The Easiest way is to just use the mother to State this openly and clearly, that Celica seemed panicky and have her guess the reason to make the introduction as is less confusing. It can even pull double duty for your mom to try to 'blackmail' you into not doing the dirty during the night (Fat Chance mom I got 2 succubi). A second idea although I don't remember if you already do this, mention her by name alongside your earliest meeting with Sam, during the start of the conversation or monologue.

Either way I am glad she is your favorite to write, reminds me of a similar conversation I had with Runey (Harem Hotel's Dev) and my favorite character from there Ashley. I hope some early simple dialogue edits + more content for her makes her popularity more than Ashley's just having the most vocal fans.

Also as a side I definitely find her Kindness towards those she clearly delineates as friends (IE mostly just you) mixed and juxtaposed with her outward harshness with tinges of obsession for you to be pleasant reading portions.

Well gushing over Celica aside I have a request, and that's to add a list on what characters have special events in the dungeons, a simple *X wants to go with you here* wouldn't be remiss, since Celica's scene with fighting the fish slavers might've been missed and that would've been a travesty. I also gotta say on that event that choosing to rush for the girl is just the worse option if you have her, since you get basically the same ending dialouge but miss Celica's actual scene, so thank you for not disabling rollback on this game so I can see both.
Celica gets namedropped in the first scene yeah. I'll go back and see what else I can edit.

For the last paragraph - I like the general idea, I'll see what I can do in that regard. That's something I've kinda had planned for a while, but on the backburner.

I don't quite understand the rush comment though; if you're referring to Ina, you get a fair bit of extra dialogue with her compared to the other routes, the most dialogue of any route in that event actually I think. There's not meant to be a single correct route, but that one's probably the most rewarding IMO aside from maybe Celica's. Or Kuril's LOL.

Reactions: Arastorm
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes