Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
how does one learn martial arts/switch to martial arts class? or is that not a thing yet still?
Well, that's a familiar face.

Maya and Metatron will start teaching their martial arts soon(tm), but it's not ingame yet. The last few updates have been me catching up on a lot of stuff before I could move forward.

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
Well, that's a familiar face.

Maya and Metatron will start teaching their martial arts soon(tm), but it's not ingame yet. The last few updates have been me catching up on a lot of stuff before I could move forward.
Yup, hi hi o/ That's a bit sad...I've been hyper focusing on both maya and metatron thinking they were the ones and it hasn't popped up when I have their affection/trust 15+ I thought I was really missing something. Btw, speaking of weird things, metatrons picture won't leave/persists through the boss fight of the third stage and its very weird if you run the 3rd stage with maya and she still challenges you to her little duel, even when on your team, and even more weird when she's your partner.

If you choose to fight her when she's your partner, she actually can't be/won't heal after that battle and so you're basically solo for the rest of the level from then on if you don't leave

Reactions: Nelari and Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Yup, hi hi o/ That's a bit sad...I've been hyper focusing on both maya and metatron thinking they were the ones and it hasn't popped up when I have their affection/trust 15+ I thought I was really missing something. Btw, speaking of weird things, metatrons picture won't leave/persists through the boss fight of the third stage and its very weird if you run the 3rd stage with maya and she still challenges you to her little duel, even when on your team, and even more weird when she's your partner.

If you choose to fight her when she's your partner, she actually can't be/won't heal after that battle and so you're basically solo for the rest of the level from then on if you don't leave
Sorry about that fam. I'm excited for them too, just took longer to get to than I hoped. Absolutely still planned though, I'd say within the next 1-2 updates I should be able to get those rolling.

The new-ish event UI shows all available events for each character, and their exact requirements. It's much less obtuse than the old system; you can see exactly how many scenes a character has available of each type. I'm not sure how obvious that is ingame, though.

That's very strange on Metatron. I'll look into the slaver scene. Maya challenging you even as a partner is intended - it's a friendly sparring match with a competitive doggo, you should be able to just refuse. I can add some free healing afterward though, to ensure it has no major downsides.

Thanks for the feedback! Constructive criticism really helps me fix the many rough edges of the game.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
The idea is that if you just go through the game normally, you should be able to fully romance and keep up with at least 1, maybe 2 girls, without any grinding, just following the story.
So no harem? Or to get it player should....GRIND?

SUPER monstrous monster girls
Which is....? "Three vaginas, seven teats, sixteen hands, body of olympic gymnast and a face of thermonuclear war" kind of things?

Switching to having art for enemies meant we lost visible health bars for them, and right now it's kind of a mystery what anything is doing.
Overlay of bleeding wounds on top of enemies?!?!?
I.e. eminem lost third health -> add several flesh wound images on top of it sprite, lost half health -> even more fleshy wounds images, lost two third health -> "this thing will left me awake at night for the rest of my life".

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Ok I really need to post just to give praise about the writing during the scene with Charles at the church. Must have took serious effort to make a chubby middle-aged priest without even a graphic give off such a powerful presence.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
So no harem? Or to get it player should....GRIND?
The idea was that 1-2 girls is the default, rather than the entire party. If you want to do more, turning on easy mode lets you waifu everyone with minimal grinding.

That said, as with all aspects of balance it's a work in progress and not all girls have enough content to be worth 'focusing' per se.

In the next update or two I'm going to spin off easy mode into a proper cheat menu, so you can just increase trust/affection without XP if you want, or maybe have a button that just gives X free T/A instantly. I really don't want to enforce grind, I just gotta have a baseline design (ex. can naturally max 2 girls in a playthrough with no special effort) and then give players the tools needed to customize the experience to their own goals, so if they want a giant harem, they can do that.

For your second question; Monstrous is in the eye of the beholder. I'd generally say to not expect full on furries or (many) enemies that look actually horrifying, but maybe MGE level would be the primary range?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Ok I really need to post just to give praise about the writing during the scene with Charles at the church. Must have took serious effort to make a chubby middle-aged priest without even a graphic give off such a powerful presence.
Shit, forgot to quote that in the other reply. I'm glad that came out well! It was kinda hard to tell on my end, I didn't want to do the generic 'forgettable holy guy' or 'asshole Westboro crazy' vibes that priests tend to fall into lol.

darkbladerion

Donor
Jul 17, 2017
Okay, guess I'm going to be the annoying guy asking for it here... but is there any foot fetish content in the game? Like footjob or foot worship? I don't think those are necessarily hardcore femdom things(Hell, those can be totally playful and not linked to any domination play even... or comedic like when a girl tries to be dominant but realizes her feet are too ticklish to be worshipped and so she struggles to keep a straight face during it... but I'm going off to strange fantasies I guess XD) so technically they could be there according to the Planned Content tab in first post.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lnppo

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Okay, guess I'm going to be the annoying guy asking for it here... but is there any foot fetish content in the game? Like footjob or foot worship? I don't think those are necessarily hardcore femdom things(Hell, those can be totally playful and not linked to any domination play even... or comedic like when a girl tries to be dominant but realizes her feet are too ticklish to be worshipped and so she struggles to keep a straight face during it... but I'm going off to strange fantasies I guess XD) so technically they could be there according to the Planned Content tab in first post.
No worries about asking!

There's one footjob in the game right now, from Ashley. And I think 2 thighjobs if leg content counts lol.

I don't mind adding more foot-focused content, but it's hard for me to tell how good they come out since it's not really my forte. It's grown on me enough over time that I can appreciate it in limited doses, but honestly, I'd need feedback on how the scenes come out to really get a feel for how to write it better.

I do like the ticklish idea though, that sounds like a mix of funny, cute, and kinda hot.

When I said no harsh femdom in the opening, I meant more stuff like ballbusting or torture. I'm completely fine with femdom in general, as long as it's consensual and doesn't seem too painful/gross I could probably at least give it a shot.

darkbladerion

Donor
Jul 17, 2017
No worries about asking!

There's one footjob in the game right now, from Ashley. And I think 2 thighjobs if leg content counts lol.

I don't mind adding more foot-focused content, but it's hard for me to tell how good they come out since it's not really my forte. It's grown on me enough over time that I can appreciate it in limited doses, but honestly, I'd need feedback on how the scenes come out to really get a feel for how to write it better.

I do like the ticklish idea though, that sounds like a mix of funny, cute, and kinda hot.

When I said no harsh femdom in the opening, I meant more stuff like ballbusting or torture. I'm completely fine with femdom in general, as long as it's consensual and doesn't seem too painful/gross I could probably at least give it a shot.
Thanks for the reply, and well, I just noticed some people here going to game threads and asking like "Are there footjobs? ADD MOAR FOOTJOBS!" so I figured asking that could be annoying XD

Well, I can check out the game once I have a moment and try to give some feedback then! Assuming I will be able to find the FJ scene, thighjobs are okay with me though they aren't exactly my preference.

Glad you like the random idea I just had while writing my post then XD

And well, I preferred to make it clear, since I know some people, some of whom are into foot fetish stuff like myself, who believe that "foot fetish must mean you are a total masochist who wants to be stepped on!", which is something I completely disagree with, since I don't consider myself a masochist(And find things like trampling rather boring... and ballbusting just terrifying, gross, and unwanted XD), I like some femdom when girl takes the lead, but I really don't like when it becomes domination to level of abuse(Like actual violence, actual insults, and other things I've seen masochistic people make characters do in Writing.com fetish interactive stories... it always frustrated me because it was seeming like they kept writing all female characters as the same psychotic bitch who would happily kill you if it amused her... but I'm going a bit offtopic there.). So I think we are pretty much on the same level regarding what is acceptable and what is not XD

Portab

Jan 6, 2020
I feel like I've hit a bug. I don't know if someone's reported this already.

It seems like I can trigger events that require affection from multiple characters by only having the required affection for one of them. I can trigger an event with Metatron and Maya requiring 2 affection from both even though I haven't even met Maya yet.

This doesn't seem intentional?

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Thanks for the reply, and well, I just noticed some people here going to game threads and asking like "Are there footjobs? ADD MOAR FOOTJOBS!" so I figured asking that could be annoying XD

Well, I can check out the game once I have a moment and try to give some feedback then! Assuming I will be able to find the FJ scene, thighjobs are okay with me though they aren't exactly my preference.

Glad you like the random idea I just had while writing my post then XD

And well, I preferred to make it clear, since I know some people, some of whom are into foot fetish stuff like myself, who believe that "foot fetish must mean you are a total masochist who wants to be stepped on!", which is something I completely disagree with, since I don't consider myself a masochist(And find things like trampling rather boring... and ballbusting just terrifying, gross, and unwanted XD), I like some femdom when girl takes the lead, but I really don't like when it becomes domination to level of abuse(Like actual violence, actual insults, and other things I've seen masochistic people make characters do in Writing.com fetish interactive stories... it always frustrated me because it was seeming like they kept writing all female characters as the same psychotic bitch who would happily kill you if it amused her... but I'm going a bit offtopic there.). So I think we are pretty much on the same level regarding what is acceptable and what is not XD
Ah... yeah, I definitely appreciate the decency. I've had some pretty... pushy comments about pegging/futa in particular, but I don't want to let a few bad experiences ruin the idea of people talking about what they'd like to see. I try to make a point of being open to ideas in general, and that includes fetish requests (within reason).

You can pretty much unlock the footjob as soon as you unlock the camp, get to nighttime, and choose to sleep with Ashley; it's not affection-locked. Please, feel free to offer constructive criticism if you feel I missed the mark there, or say what worked well.

Yeah, it sounds like we're on a similar vibe. I personally really like thighjobs, which are... fairly similar IMO, those and handjobs? Intimacy can be expressed in all kinds of ways, and I ain't gonna judge people for their fetishes. I just prefer consensual, non-degrading stuff personally, so that's most of what I write.

Getting fucked silly by a horny tomboy is a mark of honor anyways.

I feel like I've hit a bug. I don't know if someone's reported this already.

It seems like I can trigger events that require affection from multiple characters by only having the required affection for one of them. I can trigger an event with Metatron and Maya requiring 2 affection from both even though I haven't even met Maya yet.

This doesn't seem intentional?
Good catch. I took a preliminary look and was able to replicate the issue, but couldn't find an obvious issue in the code yet. I'll figure it out for 0.20 though!

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Good catch. I took a preliminary look and was able to replicate the issue, but couldn't find an obvious issue in the code yet. I'll figure it out for 0.20 though!
Have you checked logical operators? It should be
if(one character.affection value == number &&(logical and) other character.affection value == number)
not
if(one character.affection value == number ||(logical or) other character.affection value == number)

Okay, python syntax is....interesting to say the least. There are no && nor || , only or 'and' and.
Looks like problem is here, dawncode/functions.rpy line 2876
Python:
    def checkEventAffectionReqs(event):
        if event.affectionReqs:
            for key in event.affectionReqs:
                if checkAffection(key, event.affectionReqs[key]):
                    return True
                else:
                    return False
        return True
it return true if "checkAffection(key, event.affectionReqs[key])" returns true without further checking is other event conditions are meet.
Since there are should be multiple affection checks it should be done like this, if I understood what function do correctly (iterate through all events of specific character, not through list of all possible event for all characters)

Python:
        should_trigger = false;
        if event.affectionReqs:
                if checkAffection(key, event.affectionReqs[key]) :
                    should_trigger = true;
                else:
                    should_trigger = false;
        return should_trigger;
Not a python expert, mind, so syntax could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cryswar

Ethelarion

Dec 3, 2020
One issue I have is having too many ability points, at lvl25 I'm left with 9, it would be great if I could use those points on traits, I sure love my passives.

Portab

Jan 6, 2020
Python:
        should_trigger = false;
        if event.affectionReqs:
                if checkAffection(key, event.affectionReqs[key]) :
                    should_trigger = true;
                else:
                    should_trigger = false;
        return should_trigger;
A simpler way would be:
Python:
            if not checkAffection(key, event.affectionReqs[key]):
                return False
        return True
If any requirement is not met, the event can't be triggered. More idiomatic functional Python might be to use any() and all().

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Quintilus Portab
Ah... fuck, I'm dumb. Yeah, the function was short-circuiting on the first correct match, that's why it seemed to work fine when I tested it with a single non-matching requirement, but didn't care if there were multiple non-matching reqs in #2+.

Ok, fixed. Thank you both for the help! If you can't tell, I had to learn python for this game, my mastery is still bit... questionable lmao. To this day I keep defaulting to iterating through lists forwards while removing stuff, then getting confused about why it runs into bugs. I am not a clever bear.

One issue I have is having too many ability points, at lvl25 I'm left with 9, it would be great if I could use those points on traits, I sure love my passives.
AP/TP balance is still a work in progress. TP was much rarer until recently for example. If you get into magic I guarantee that AP income will not seem enough lmao, but weapon users have much less to spend it on. I might look into some kind of conversion, but it'd be pretty inefficient to ensure it wasn't always the best choice.

So when can we have seggs with ma girl Metatron
While I had... admittedly been hoping to get to that months ago, my plan is to get to it in the next update now that her romance has finally progressed far enough to make it viable!

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes