Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
March 27th Weekly Update
Decently productive week! Lotta Sam writing finally got that romance going in a typically Sam way, which is both a blessing and a curse.

We also have the first commissioned music! Maya's basic camp theme came out fantastic, she's cute af. Now admittedly, music is a bit of a luxury so don't expect a huge torrent of it, but I will definitely get more over time.

Kuril's final art came out fantastic, homeboy is looking like an absolute chad. Also got the final art for another Sahuagin you haven't met yet who is looking like a very different chad. And Ina is a femchad. Why are the fucking feesh all such chads?

Event UI now extends to evening/night scenes, so you can see /exactly/ how to unlock each scene. It's also a little smarter, so there shouldn't be any empty buttons now.

I'm roughly where I was hoping to be - maybe a day behind - so I think I'll be able to do a beta release sometime this week for bugfixing, and 2-3 days later do a proper release.

Previews of most of that stuff are up on Patreon already, but, yanno, we're probably like a week away from it just being ingame and free.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
March 27th Weekly Update
Decently productive week! Lotta Sam writing finally got that romance going in a typically Sam way, which is both a blessing and a curse.

We also have the first commissioned music! Maya's basic camp theme came out fantastic, she's cute af. Now admittedly, music is a bit of a luxury so don't expect a huge torrent of it, but I will definitely get more over time.

Kuril's final art came out fantastic, homeboy is looking like an absolute chad. Also got the final art for another Sahuagin you haven't met yet who is looking like a very different chad. And Ina is a femchad. Why are the fucking feesh all such chads?

Event UI now extends to evening/night scenes, so you can see /exactly/ how to unlock each scene. It's also a little smarter, so there shouldn't be any empty buttons now.

I'm roughly where I was hoping to be - maybe a day behind - so I think I'll be able to do a beta release sometime this week for bugfixing, and 2-3 days later do a proper release.

Previews of most of that stuff are up on Patreon already, but, yanno, we're probably like a week away from it just being ingame and free.
I am looking forward to hear that theme!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
What's the gallery for/how do I unlock it?
Gallery lets you replay scenes from the opening that you can't go back and view; all lewd scenes post-opening are just permanently viewable ingame once unlocked. Depending on your choices in the opening, different scenes are unlocked.

In the next 1-2 updates, I'm probably going to revamp that and switch to a 'dreams' tab where you can see all the possible opening lewd scenes, regardless of whether or not you unlocked them. Same idea, less clunky lmao.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
where do i find aspasia? kinda got to badon and she hasn't shown up yet
Arden Expanse. I've gotten a few reports recently that she isn't consistently showing up, and while I'm not sure why, I changed the code for .19 to make sure she does. In the meantime, revisiting the Expanse 1-2 times apparently usually fixes it.

Sorry for the trouble.

Reactions: Glasyara

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Attached is some fanart, commissioned by Token and drawn by jfc! Apparently, the other girl is named Venefica(sp?) and hails from Monster Girl Dreams. All I know is that they both have EXCELLENT thighs.

April 3rd Weekly Update
Last week was spent finishing up .19, which is now in beta and will be posted here as soon as I'm sure it's not going to break horribly. It seems to be stabilizing, so hopefully tomorrow!

Among other things, I did Metatron's big ass church plot scene, implemented some more art, added a bunch of wind magic and traits, and the usual avalanche of proofreading/testing/polishing that never seems to be enough haha.

As usual, I'll take a few days off after a release to plan out the next one, then get back to work properly sometime mid-late week. I'm pretty hype for .20 so not gonna take off for long.

erid3B8A.jpeg nj05QeBQ.jpeg

lizardman123

Dec 24, 2019
I definitely need to set aside a lot of time to read all the text in the game. I feel like I'm reading one of my huge paperback books but it's in a visual novel. The protagonist's manner of speaking is something I'll have to adjust to as well, as if his mother was a pirate and his father a thug and his manner of speaking is a mixture of the two.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
tomboy update.png

After an uncomfortable amount of time trying to get Sam's romance stuff to feel right, the new version is finally done and more-or-less stable! I'm calling this one the Tomboy Supremacy update, because Sam is the way and the truth. Also, Ina kinda qualifies. ...Actually, Maya is DEFINITELY a tomboy too, and she'll probably get art in the next update or two, so maybe every update is the tomboy supremacy update? Food for thot.

Changelog;
  • All girls with art now use that art for portraits when speaking, which should make it easier to follow their expressions in a conversation.
  • Sam now has 4 and 6 affection scenes, kickstarting her romance from a very different direction than others. She also has a few new expressions/overlays, and by 'new' I mean 'I remembered they existed.'
  • Celica's wind training 1-3 are all done, with a massive number of dialogue swaps based on your stats, choices mid-training, other learned magics, and romance progress with her. Her Water training pt3 has also been updated to reference romance if you pursue that first.
  • Existing and new wind magic split into three distinct schools; each has a decent variety of spells and synergy! There are also a bunch of new wind-related traits, both general and for each school. Some other traits got buffs (ex. Flutter for daggers) and I added a couple of others, like Vengeance for slower mages.
  • Metatron now has a massive Badon scene that significantly advances the plot and gives more information on the world.
  • Ina now has art, courtesy of jfc!
  • Her bodyguard Kuril also has art, courtesy of alhazartfinds!
  • Most characters now have unique battle themes, camp themes, or both, including some updated songs. RIP Celica/Sam not having camp themes... yet.
  • Maya is the recipient of our first custom commissioned music! Her camp theme was provided by ubercrow.
  • All Severn enemies now have art, courtesy of Garrisen! I think that means every enemy (except Maya) now has art!
  • Event UI has been extended to evening and night scenes, which should make it much easier to see how to unlock them. Also made me realize how few evening scenes there are. Fuck.
  • New targeting indicator in battle, courtesy of jfc! God it looks so much less ghetto now LOL.
  • Sam now has a unique trait that gives her increasing Glancing Hit as her health lowers, adding a decent bit of survivability.
  • Sarah now gains Perpetuity as a normal trait, somewhere in the 20s (may move it earlier, idk) to turbocharge her buffs.
  • Hopefully fixed all the bugs/errors known as of 0.18d.
  • Added a generic Wait command, so you can't softlock yourself by running out of mana.
  • Spent hours for nearly zero tangible benefit reworking a few poorly-coded functions. Aside from fixing some bugs, they mostly just look better now. I consider that time well spent.
There's gonna be some more fun stuff this coming update as well! Content-wise, I haven't nailed it all down yet, but the tentative plan is to continue moving plot forward, consummate some romances (Metatron for sure, idk who else), and just generally focus on being a content update more than a systems update.

I'll post weekly updates here when I get back to work, but for now, here's hoping people enjoy the update!

Downloads:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
View attachment 1741113

After an uncomfortable amount of time trying to get Sam's romance stuff to feel right, the new version is finally done and more-or-less stable! I'm calling this one the Tomboy Supremacy update, because Sam is the way and the truth. Also, Ina kinda qualifies. ...Actually, Maya is DEFINITELY a tomboy too, and she'll probably get art in the next update or two, so maybe every update is the tomboy supremacy update? Food for thot.

Changelog;
  • All girls with art now use that art for portraits when speaking, which should make it easier to follow their expressions in a conversation.
  • Sam now has 4 and 6 affection scenes, kickstarting her romance from a very different direction than others. She also has a few new expressions/overlays, and by 'new' I mean 'I remembered they existed.'
  • Celica's wind training 1-3 are all done, with a massive number of dialogue swaps based on your stats, choices mid-training, other learned magics, and romance progress with her. Her Water training pt3 has also been updated to reference romance if you pursue that first.
  • Existing and new wind magic split into three distinct schools; each has a decent variety of spells and synergy! There are also a bunch of new wind-related traits, both general and for each school. Some other traits got buffs (ex. Flutter for daggers) and I added a couple of others, like Vengeance for slower mages.
  • Metatron now has a massive Badon scene that significantly advances the plot and gives more information on the world.
  • Ina now has art, courtesy of jfc!
  • Her bodyguard Kuril also has art, courtesy of alhazartfinds!
  • Most characters now have unique battle themes, camp themes, or both, including some updated songs. RIP Celica/Sam not having camp themes... yet.
  • Maya is the recipient of our first custom commissioned music! Her camp theme was provided by ubercrow.
  • All Severn enemies now have art, courtesy of Garrisen! I think that means every enemy (except Maya) now has art!
  • Event UI has been extended to evening and night scenes, which should make it much easier to see how to unlock them. Also made me realize how few evening scenes there are. Fuck.
  • New targeting indicator in battle, courtesy of jfc! God it looks so much less ghetto now LOL.
  • Sam now has a unique trait that gives her increasing Glancing Hit as her health lowers, adding a decent bit of survivability.
  • Sarah now gains Perpetuity as a normal trait, somewhere in the 20s (may move it earlier, idk) to turbocharge her buffs.
  • Hopefully fixed all the bugs/errors known as of 0.18d.
  • Added a generic Wait command, so you can't softlock yourself by running out of mana.
  • Spent hours for nearly zero tangible benefit reworking a few poorly-coded functions. Aside from fixing some bugs, they mostly just look better now. I consider that time well spent.
There's gonna be some more fun stuff this coming update as well! Content-wise, I haven't nailed it all down yet, but the tentative plan is to continue moving plot forward, consummate some romances (Metatron for sure, idk who else), and just generally focus on being a content update more than a systems update.

I'll post weekly updates here when I get back to work, but for now, here's hoping people enjoy the update!

Downloads: Mega
Super hyped for this update!
I am iper mega excited to play it!

Reactions: Cryswar

yoda12345

Nov 29, 2019
Really glad to see some Sam content! Been following for a little while and gotta say you're doing a level of detail with Ren'py few achieve with regard to the turn based combat stuff. Always love it to see a game that's "a fun game" but also happens to have lewd mechanics as a side, as opposed to just "you win fight because this variable is higher than this arbitrary value".

Reactions: Cryswar

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I approve of the new sub-title, and move that it is retained.

Sam supremacy indeed, though I'd say Metatron could also fit into the tomboy space. Looking forward to trying the new update!

Reactions: Nelari and Cryswar
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes