ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Not really into being stepped on, but yeah, if that happens, whoever does the stepping might want to take off those weaponized heels, or what would otherwise be a fun night will quickly become a murder scene. I have a squishy, non-stab proof core. :HideThePain:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
May 1st Weekly Update
Great week overall!

Allies can now gain masteries, following the same rules as the player (20 uses, go back to camp, pick one of two). Characters with normal abilities (ex. Metatron, Sam) all have mastery progression, those with special abilities (ex. Maya) will be updated later.

You can FINALLY fucking swap weapons freely in camp, and acquire skills based on that! No more being hardlocked into daggers forever. Advanced weapons down the road may have various unlock conditions. You can also have primary and secondary weapons, and swap between those mid-battle, ex. burning down adds with Longsword AOE then swapping to daggers for the boss.

Most allies now have unique traits, and Celica got a bit of a spell update to separate her caster identity from Sarah a bit more.

LOTS of writing; Sarah, Maya, Celica, and Ashley all got major new trust scenes with meaningful character development in them, while Metatron finally got her 10 affection romance scene. I teared up a little writing it. Homegirl needs a hug, and she got one.

Maya's art is now a proper work in progress, with some previews up on Patreon.

Not sure exactly where we stand in regards to an approaching release. I'm trying to coordinate a fair number of important commissions, with varying results. I think I'm just going to keep going this coming week, and by next Sunday I'll decide exactly where to stop.

As one of my favorite Dune quotes goes;
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: 'Now, it's complete because it's ended here.'

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
Just got started in this game.
Couple things:
-The Impervious trait doesn't seem to be reflected in the stat page, is it working at all? I'm still only at 30% mitigation with max vitality, rather than the 40% I apparently should be at.

-The description for vitality on the Progress screen and the Stat screen do not match up. The former claims it gives 26% mitigation at max.

-I don't think this line about initiative should be here in the threat tooltip.
1651934079746.png
-Aspasia's art disappears if you choose to battle her normally.
1651936392299.png

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Just got started in this game.
Couple things:
-The Impervious trait doesn't seem to be reflected in the stat page, is it working at all? I'm still only at 30% mitigation with max vitality, rather than the 40% I apparently should be at.

-The description for vitality on the Progress screen and the Stat screen do not match up. The former claims it gives 26% mitigation at max.

-I don't think this line about initiative should be here in the threat tooltip.
View attachment 1797953
-Aspasia's art disappears if you choose to battle her normally.
View attachment 1797987
-Recently fixed
-Great catch! I THINK what happened there is that I was messing with text size and replaced all 30s with 26s, which also caught that?
-Also a great catch, fixed
-Recently fixed

Thanks for the bug reports, it's incredibly helpful to find issues!

Reactions: Arastorm

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
May 1st Weekly Update
Great week overall!

Allies can now gain masteries, following the same rules as the player (20 uses, go back to camp, pick one of two). Characters with normal abilities (ex. Metatron, Sam) all have mastery progression, those with special abilities (ex. Maya) will be updated later.

You can FINALLY fucking swap weapons freely in camp, and acquire skills based on that! No more being hardlocked into daggers forever. Advanced weapons down the road may have various unlock conditions. You can also have primary and secondary weapons, and swap between those mid-battle, ex. burning down adds with Longsword AOE then swapping to daggers for the boss.

Most allies now have unique traits, and Celica got a bit of a spell update to separate her caster identity from Sarah a bit more.

LOTS of writing; Sarah, Maya, Celica, and Ashley all got major new trust scenes with meaningful character development in them, while Metatron finally got her 10 affection romance scene. I teared up a little writing it. Homegirl needs a hug, and she got one.

Maya's art is now a proper work in progress, with some previews up on Patreon.

Not sure exactly where we stand in regards to an approaching release. I'm trying to coordinate a fair number of important commissions, with varying results. I think I'm just going to keep going this coming week, and by next Sunday I'll decide exactly where to stop.

As one of my favorite Dune quotes goes;
Finally Ma gal Metatron getting a scene.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Nelari and Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
May 8th Weekly Update
Bit of a slower week due to the usual suspects of romance shenanigans and Ina holding up the plot, but things are still bumping along!

Weapon swapping and the general equip system are all functional and... pretty-ish, so depending on feedback from the update and balance developments, I should be able to touch them up and then worry about adding new weapons in the future.

Got a few commissions done this week; Ashley's battle theme (very cool - mix of pretty and power rock), Sam's paizuri CG (very cute!), and some Deepwoods monsters and background art (very spooky).

While I was hoping to get Sam romance stuff done faster so I could fit more stuff into this update, I'm gonna try to stick to what I said last week, and say that Ina/Sam stuff is where I'll cut this update off.

Depending on how that goes, it may be midway through this week or sometime next week, hard to say right now.

Sam paizuri preview is up on patreon with a few variations, will start showcasing the others over this and next week.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nelari and Arastorm

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Did you already visit the church? It's only playable once, I'm... not sure why I decided that lol.

That's the only requirement though, if you have Badon unlocked, are in v19e, and haven't visited it, it shows up for me.

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
Did you already visit the church? It's only playable once, I'm... not sure why I decided that lol.

That's the only requirement though, if you have Badon unlocked, are in v19e, and haven't visited it, it shows up for me.
i have visited the church
so it's a one time event..... i was expecting a bit more i guess

• Thinking Face

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
May 15th Weekly Update
Surprising no one, Sam romance took longer than I had expected, exactly like the last fucking 3 in a row that I apparently didn't learn from.

HOWEVER, I'm very happy with how it ended up, and that part is done. It's also much improved by her wide array of new expressions, ended up with around 30-35, many of which are used there!

Family aggro has made it kinda hard to write her lewd scene but it's still partially done and shouldn't be too hard to finish, +polishing Ina's camp scene to set up next update's Knight-Commander meeting, and then I'll finally be free. For a few days. Then it'll be back to the next update...

Also, holy FUCK jfc is a god, Maya expressions are amazingly cute and expressive! More on that down the road.

I put up a couple of Sam's expressions on the public Patreon post ( ), so you can see them without being a patron!

------

Just found out out of this existence because of ThresholdMGD posting an art crossover of this game with MGD and I am really happy about this.
Oh, is that the Venefica/Metatron fanart Token commissioned, or something else? Regardless, that's cool! Hope you enjoy!

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Oh, is that the Venefica/Metatron fanart Token commissioned, or something else? Regardless, that's cool! Hope you enjoy!
Yes exactly . And yeah. While the start whith this space ship temple thing whas confusing so I started skipping some parts because being strange english, you really got me hooked when I started meeting Sarah and Ashley. I really had my blast and I am not even that far because sadly I had to pause it when I got the sex scene but I really look forward for continueing tomorrow.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
May 22nd Weekly Update
The 0.20 update is "done," by which I mean it's in beta, and after 1-2 days of fixing the inevitable torrent of bug reports, I'll release it properly. I don't want to repeat the trainwreck that was the 0.18 release.

This week, I mostly focused on Sam's stuff, finishing her romance and first lewd scene! Coubalt's fantastic CG lent itself to quite a few variations, 9 in total I think, so hopefully her first scene is enjoyable.

I also improved the new ability tooltip screen, rearranging it, adding more color-coding, and adding support for healing abilities to boot.

I also cut the game's size down by ~40% by cutting down audio file sizes, so that's cool.

Also, Ina's camp scene is done, setting up the next bit of plot and showcasing what a good girl she is!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
samupdate.png
Version 0.20e is finally out, after a very fruitful few days of beta testing!
Changelog:
  • Sam has a new sprite, courtesy of Coubalt, going from 8 to ~35 expressions! It can also get naked, which features in her first lewd scene. She also got a titfuck CG with 9ish variations, also provided by Coubalt!
  • Metatron's romance also moved forward; she'll get her first lewd scene with a CG of her own next update~
  • Ina gets a pretty chunky camp scene, showcasing her character much better, dropping some lore, and setting up next update's plot progression.
  • Sarah got a new conversation and 6 trust scene, Maya got 4 affection and 4 trust scenes, Ashley got a 6 trust, and Celica got a 4 trust. I'd summarize them, but these patch notes are already too large.
  • Celica now has a phenomenal new camp theme, and Ashley got a dope new battle theme, both courtesy of the talented Ubercrow! Some other characters, like Sam and Metatron, also gained noncustom music for various scenes.
  • The equip menu is finally functional, allowing you to change your weapon, bring up to two weapons with you and switch in battle, and learn the abilities of any weapon you're carrying with you without needing traits. More weapons will be added later.
  • The game's music has been streamlined and converted to a more efficient format, cutting the game's overall filesize down by ~40%. I also equalized some of the louder songs, so hopefully audio will be more consistent.
  • Camp and adventure transitions are now a little less clunky, ditto with some character appearances/disappearances.
  • Allies now gain masteries, which work about the same as yours, except they pick theirs from a curated list.
  • Several allies gained unique traits, and some had their abilities switched around to better fit their character.
  • In general, allies should be MUCH more potent now.
  • Unique and unlock traits are now colorcoded, and ally trait lists are now ordered, so it should be easier to parse them.
  • Abilities now have a dedicated custom tooltip screen in battle, which shows projected damage/healing to target, requirements (color-coded in case any are missing), and remaining cooldown.
  • Damage and healing numbers are now displayed in battle. It's a little chunky right now admittedly, but at least you have some idea of what your abilities are actually doing.
  • Identical enemies now get identifiers to better tell them apart.
  • I'm gonna be honest here, I know I added some new abilities, but I forgot what they were. Good luck finding them!

With that done, I think the camp is in a good enough position that I can focus on moving the plot forward after a detour that admittedly took longer than I had expected. I'll still continue doing camp stuff, of course, but doing each romance from scratch was incredibly consuming, whereas now I have a strong foundation for the girls.

My tentative plans for the next update are to add Metatron and Celica lewds, introduce the Knight-Commander and push the Sahuagin plot forward, and include the Deepwoods combat area/sideplot (full thing or first area - not sure yet). Hopefully Metatron and maybe Ashley martial arts as well, Sam's shenanigans took a lot more time than I expected in this update.

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
0.20e downloads in this folder:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Konstantinus

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
View attachment 1828551
Version 0.20c is finally out, after a very fruitful few days of beta testing!
Changelog:
  • Sam has a new sprite, courtesy of Coubalt, going from 8 to ~35 expressions! It can also get naked, which features in her first lewd scene. She also got a titfuck CG with 9ish variations, also provided by Coubalt!
  • Metatron's romance also moved forward; she'll get her first lewd scene with a CG of her own next update~
  • Ina gets a pretty chunky camp scene, showcasing her character much better, dropping some lore, and setting up next update's plot progression.
  • Sarah got a new conversation and 6 trust scene, Maya got 4 affection and 4 trust scenes, Ashley got a 6 trust, and Celica got a 4 trust. I'd summarize them, but these patch notes are already too large.
  • Celica now has a phenomenal new camp theme, and Ashley got a dope new battle theme, both courtesy of the talented Ubercrow! Some other characters, like Sam and Metatron, also gained noncustom music for various scenes.
  • The equip menu is finally functional, allowing you to change your weapon, bring up to two weapons with you and switch in battle, and learn the abilities of any weapon you're carrying with you without needing traits. More weapons will be added later.
  • The game's music has been streamlined and converted to a more efficient format, cutting the game's overall filesize down by ~40%. I also equalized some of the louder songs, so hopefully audio will be more consistent.
  • Camp and adventure transitions are now a little less clunky, ditto with some character appearances/disappearances.
  • Allies now gain masteries, which work about the same as yours, except they pick theirs from a curated list.
  • Several allies gained unique traits, and some had their abilities switched around to better fit their character.
  • In general, allies should be MUCH more potent now.
  • Unique and unlock traits are now colorcoded, and ally trait lists are now ordered, so it should be easier to parse them.
  • Abilities now have a dedicated custom tooltip screen in battle, which shows projected damage/healing to target, requirements (color-coded in case any are missing), and remaining cooldown.
  • Damage and healing numbers are now displayed in battle. It's a little chunky right now admittedly, but at least you have some idea of what your abilities are actually doing.
  • Identical enemies now get identifiers to better tell them apart.
  • I'm gonna be honest here, I know I added some new abilities, but I forgot what they were. Good luck finding them!

With that done, I think the camp is in a good enough position that I can focus on moving the plot forward after a detour that admittedly took longer than I had expected. I'll still continue doing camp stuff, of course, but doing each romance from scratch was incredibly consuming, whereas now I have a strong foundation for the girls.

My tentative plans for the next update are to add Metatron and Celica lewds, introduce the Knight-Commander and push the Sahuagin plot forward, and include the Deepwoods combat area/sideplot (full thing or first area - not sure yet). Hopefully Metatron and maybe Ashley martial arts as well, Sam's shenanigans took a lot more time than I expected in this update.
Yeeeei best way to end May

Looking so forward for this update

wmna1984

May 10, 2022
Liking the new update, but I've noticed a very OP glitch: pressing the option to upgrade a state to the highest it can doesn't use any SP, thus you can have the highest stat possible in all fields without ever actually spending any SP.
Suffice to say, this is hilariously broken and I suggest everyone in the thread abuse it ASAP before the next patch gets rid of it.

Oh, and you can recruit Aspasia multiple times. I have three Aspasia's in my camp.

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Liking the new update, but I've noticed a very OP glitch: pressing the option to upgrade a state to the highest it can doesn't use any SP, thus you can have the highest stat possible in all fields without ever actually spending any SP.
Suffice to say, this is hilariously broken and I suggest everyone in the thread abuse it ASAP before the next patch gets rid of it.

Oh, and you can recruit Aspasia multiple times. I have three Aspasia's in my camp.
Hah... that's embarrassing. Regardless, there'll be a cheat menu sooner or later.

At least the Aspasia thing will be an easy fix, lol.

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
Nice update and I liked lewd scene with Sam and looking forward to seeing how you develop their relationship in the future. Also Is there any reason why you have the affection scenes all available to view even without doing the previous scenes.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes