Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Nice update and I liked lewd scene with Sam and looking forward to seeing how you develop their relationship in the future. Also Is there any reason why you have the affection scenes all available to view even without doing the previous scenes.
Glad you enjoyed the content!

As for the question - good question. That's definitely something I need to fix, I meant to do it this update, but it involves going thru every scene and adding an extra check. So it takes a bit of time, and I'll probably just put it in 0.21.

But you're right, it should work like that.

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I somehow managed to miss this update entirely until now. Glad it didn't escape me for longer. I haven't dived in yet but I figured I'd give my opening impressions on Sam's new look

I like the increase in expressiveness, the overall anatomy looks fine, those trousers must be sprayed on her. I think my critique would be that her face looks a little... wibbly. The bend to the side of her head doesn't look like cheekbones so much as her skull expanding (and Sam certainly isn't a megamind : V), the mouth and nose seem too far offset and that expression where her mouth is open with her fang showing works with the other lines of the face to look really odd to my eyes. Though, it could jsut be on my end, the way I process seeing faces is a bit off.

Otherwise, as I say her body is very nice (and drawn very nicely), and her hair and eyes are great. Looking forward to seeing more of her... by getting to her new event : V

EDIT: So, having seen her closeup where her face is fine (very nice scene btw) I think it's confirmed a suspicion I had: Her face in her sprite is supposed to be angled so that she's looking off to our left and that's how the nose and mouth are aligned, but her eyes and the right line of her jaw (from our perspective) don't quite match up, they're still directed more towards us than they should be. I think we should be seeing less of her right eye and the iris of her left eye should be further left. Or the mouth and nose should be moved more centrally to have more of a face-on perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I somehow managed to miss this update entirely until now. Glad it didn't escape me for longer. I haven't dived in yet but I figured I'd give my opening impressions on Sam's new look

I like the increase in expressiveness, the overall anatomy looks fine, those trousers must be sprayed on her. I think my critique would be that her face looks a little... wibbly. The bend to the side of her head doesn't look like cheekbones so much as her skull expanding (and Sam certainly isn't a megamind : V), the mouth and nose seem too far offset and that expression where her mouth is open with her fang showing works with the other lines of the face to look really odd to my eyes. Though, it could jsut be on my end, the way I process seeing faces is a bit off.

Otherwise, as I say her body is very nice (and drawn very nicely), and her hair and eyes are great. Looking forward to seeing more of her... by getting to her new event : V

EDIT: So, having seen her closeup where her face is fine (very nice scene btw) I think it's confirmed a suspicion I had: Her face in her sprite is supposed to be angled so that she's looking off to our left and that's how the nose and mouth are aligned, but her eyes and the right line of her jaw (from our perspective) don't quite match up, they're still directed more towards us than they should be. I think we should be seeing less of her right eye and the iris of her left eye should be further left. Or the mouth and nose should be moved more centrally to have more of a face-on perspective.
Interesting - thanks for the detailed feedback! Forwarded it to artist. No promises on immediate changes, but maybe down the road, 'cuz I see where you're coming from.

fail123

Apr 12, 2020
So for so good, I mean it works for me, but I am still disappointed at the lack of actual smut scenes.
I still have not seen a single animation or picture (other than the nacket view of a character). Maybe I am not far enough into the story and all but I would wish for some animations soon or at least some drawings.
But the game itself is suprising good. I was never a fan of those "fight" styled games but this is amazing. Story is fun and the characters are great

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Lord, hear my prayer and grant my desire!

That said, Sam is approximately 99% less likely to commit constant warcrimes.

So for so good, I mean it works for me, but I am still disappointed at the lack of actual smut scenes.
I still have not seen a single animation or picture (other than the nacket view of a character). Maybe I am not far enough into the story and all but I would wish for some animations soon or at least some drawings.
But the game itself is suprising good. I was never a fan of those "fight" styled games but this is amazing. Story is fun and the characters are great
CGs are expensive, I'm working on a pretty limited budget, and patrons voted for character art first. I am starting to add them slowly though! Sam got one in 0.20, next update Metatron should as well.

I wouldn't expect any animations, those are... not cheap.

Hmm, guya, help pls. this game have some foot fetish scene ?
There's one footjob from Ashley currently.

Feb 17, 2018
So, what class do you recomend to not duplicate styles.

I mean, Sam is a spellblade, so 2 spellblades in the team would be kind of, idk, feels less special.

So what I'm asking is, what other companions are available?, and what are their classes to avoid picking the same one?.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020

I mean, Sam is a spellblade, so 2 spellblades in the team would be kind of, idk, feels less special.

So what I'm asking is, what other companions are available?, and what are their classes to avoid picking the same one?.
Basically everyone knows some type of magic so you just can't learn any. Spear, dagger, or sword and shield are probably your only options if you don't want to double up on anything.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019

Most magic types have enough spell variety to support at least two different builds. Not so much for weapons, though you can swap them.

There's a Wind/Water mage, Nether and Nether/Aether mages, an Aether mage/bruiser, the upcoming Water/Spear girl, the upcoming Earth mage, and of course Sam with fire.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you want to specialize, running a tank/bruiser build synergizes with a good chunk of the cast; can be pure beatstick, can be more paladin-ey.

Basically everyone knows some type of magic so you just can't learn any. Spear, dagger, or sword and shield are probably your only options if you don't want to double up on anything.
Spear and dagger will also get characters LOL.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Possibly a dumb question, but,
how do I change between primary and secondary weapon
during battles? I thought just clicking on the different attacks
would do it but it doesn't work that way.

Thanks, Cheers

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Possibly a dumb question, but,
how do I change between primary and secondary weapon
during battles? I thought just clicking on the different attacks
would do it but it doesn't work that way.

Thanks, Cheers
Go into the Instant menu, your two weapons should be there in the tab furthest to the right.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The equip menu and weapon switching is VERY new, and not well explained ingame IMO - I couldn't find a good place to even say 'yeah, any equipped or loadout weapon makes its skills and traits available to learn - which I will try to improve on next update.

That said, is there any particularly confusing stuff you guys have noticed that you'd like to see explained better? What's obvious to me may not be to anyone else.

dd_deepwoods.png
On a slightly less serious note, Jiffic drew this 100% accurate spoiler to what the deepwoods update will really entail. More on that as we get closer, but I have a bunch of stuff I want to try in that update, and we'll have a decent amount of custom content (bg, music, etc) for it!

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes