Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
Freeze and Sparring
The reason I suggested making freeze a debuff + %stun is to free up the guaranteed stun to a potential sleep status, assuming you want/plan to have it. The auto status resist buff is a fine idea either way, though please make it populate the foes' status bar so I don't have to manually remember when can I freeze them again.
(somewhat related, a number on the status icons to show when they will expire would be an appreciated QoL improvement)

I don't mind losing spars since XP and trust gets rewarded either way, but it's more to do with Metatron not being the definitively strongest sparring partner, even accounting for the fractured core, that upsets the narratives. Though I suppose ultimately which companion is the most difficult depends on each player's build. I can't break through Aspasia because I ran MAG/AGI Water/Wind/Dagger to maximize glancing hit proc (very funny when I'm basically parrying divine judgement, less so when Aspasia's dummy thicc HP bar asserts dominance).

Derived Stats, Attunement, Multi-hit, and FCS
Ay my bad I just assumed it's all or nothing since some of the stats' tooltips doesn't mention scaling (e.g. AGI's glancing hit and VIT's damage mitigation gives an impression that they have to = Astaroth's level). Might want to put that in the tooltip so dum-dums like me don't make a bigger fool of ourselves.

An option to respec / "switch off" learned attunements (say, longsword initiate) would be appreciated.

I requested the flavor text to differentiate them from regular damage spells (and to check whether Wind Lance's 4th hit procs with Tailwind alpha's initiative buff. my instinct is that it procs, but since Tailwind isn't an initiative buff at base form I can't be 100% sure).

Some of the wind spells (e.g. Aerial Edge) list FCS as a damage modifier. I'm very blind and I don't know what FCS correlates to.

Bantz/Monologue Overlap
It's more "variations of this situation/scene concept are playing again" kind of broad-stroke overlap rather than "these exact words are repeating again" overlap, but the stand-out in this case are Sam and Ashley, and the resulting banter thereof. The two are both antics-prone idiots, so they naturally draw a lot of (well-deserved) snark from everyone (Astaroth, Celica, and Sarah in particular). Glares get thrown at them very regularly, for example. It's the "slice of life" approach of building characters, which isn't terrible (they are popular for a reason), but not ground-breaking either, and I expected more since I know for sure you have the writing chops to make it so.

I suspect there's also an intentional mirroring of similarities between Sam/Astaroth and Ashley/Sarah (huh, the initials match, clever), but it does threaten to make them (the succs in this case, since Astaroth is the player character) somewhat less memorable. Of course, not every character can get the Metatron treatment, especially considering the rate of which we get new companions.

Frankly, I have no business, nor intention, to impose on your writing style. I guess I was so impressed with your dramatic flair that I kinda raised the expectation for the "day to day" mundane banter accordingly, which, in hindsight, is an unfair comparison (and with so many characters, some recurrences have to be expected).

Reactions: Cryswar

Irizin

Mar 17, 2018
So, because of Lances, and honestly I thought that my crit rate felt a bit low with Air Cutter, I decided to spend some free time this morning going through all the abilities and checking them over for inconsistency in description/tooltip/effect. I'm not saying everything here is wrong, just that some things don't match. Also, I'm certainly not saying I didn't miss something.

Split into spoilers for space. Also some things are just tooltips on abilities most people wont even see, but I figured I should list them anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So.. yeah. I feel a little bit bad being like, "Hey here's a big list of stuff that might be wrong." but bug fixes and such are a good thing. Just, yeah. Also, since I'm obviously mildly interested in these things, what was the problem with Metatrons Destroyer trait? I looked at it but it looked fine to me. If it's not a huge pain to explain anyway.

Last edited:

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I have two more things to say.
First good job with Sam. Normally I would not stand dumbasses but Sam made it to be the exception of the rule.

Second I am really curious and gratefull that you made aether and nether magic change yourself. This is something I really wish WoW would goes more into it. Now I am curious, will those two magic lock themselves later out so I have to choose between one of them or could I become an aether-nether hybrid entity?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The reason I suggested making freeze a debuff + %stun is to free up the guaranteed stun to a potential sleep status, assuming you want/plan to have it. The auto status resist buff is a fine idea either way, though please make it populate the foes' status bar so I don't have to manually remember when can I freeze them again.
(somewhat related, a number on the status icons to show when they will expire would be an appreciated QoL improvement)

I don't mind losing spars since XP and trust gets rewarded either way, but it's more to do with Metatron not being the definitively strongest sparring partner, even accounting for the fractured core, that upsets the narratives. Though I suppose ultimately which companion is the most difficult depends on each player's build. I can't break through Aspasia because I ran MAG/AGI Water/Wind/Dagger to maximize glancing hit proc (very funny when I'm basically parrying divine judgement, less so when Aspasia's dummy thicc HP bar asserts dominance).

Ay my bad I just assumed it's all or nothing since some of the stats' tooltips doesn't mention scaling (e.g. AGI's glancing hit and VIT's damage mitigation gives an impression that they have to = Astaroth's level). Might want to put that in the tooltip so dum-dums like me don't make a bigger fool of ourselves.

An option to respec / "switch off" learned attunements (say, longsword initiate) would be appreciated.

I requested the flavor text to differentiate them from regular damage spells (and to check whether Wind Lance's 4th hit procs with Tailwind alpha's initiative buff. my instinct is that it procs, but since Tailwind isn't an initiative buff at base form I can't be 100% sure).

Some of the wind spells (e.g. Aerial Edge) list FCS as a damage modifier. I'm very blind and I don't know what FCS correlates to.

It's more "variations of this situation/scene concept are playing again" kind of broad-stroke overlap rather than "these exact words are repeating again" overlap, but the stand-out in this case are Sam and Ashley, and the resulting banter thereof. The two are both antics-prone idiots, so they naturally draw a lot of (well-deserved) snark from everyone (Astaroth, Celica, and Sarah in particular). Glares get thrown at them very regularly, for example. It's the "slice of life" approach of building characters, which isn't terrible (they are popular for a reason), but not ground-breaking either, and I expected more since I know for sure you have the writing chops to make it so.

I suspect there's also an intentional mirroring of similarities between Sam/Astaroth and Ashley/Sarah (huh, the initials match, clever), but it does threaten to make them (the succs in this case, since Astaroth is the player character) somewhat less memorable. Of course, not every character can get the Metatron treatment, especially considering the rate of which we get new companions.

Frankly, I have no business, nor intention, to impose on your writing style. I guess I was so impressed with your dramatic flair that I kinda raised the expectation for the "day to day" mundane banter accordingly, which, in hindsight, is an unfair comparison (and with so many characters, some recurrences have to be expected).
Yeah, it'll be a 'resist' status bar type thing. If you mouse over a status it shows a description and duration. I'm not sure if I can add a constant visual number, will see.

Lorewise, Metatron isn't trying her hardest, and is generally terrible at sparring - her entire combat style and martial art is basically 'maximum force.' She excels in real battles but struggles to hold back and remain effective in sparring. Gamewise, keeping everyone at around the same level just makes it easier to swap partners when you want and experiment, and some people already bitch about the archangel being a mary sue.

If I was going full lore-friendly, Metatron would be essentially immune to damage/statuses, Aspasia would be immune to most statuses and take like 1% damage, and the succubi would be immune to most statuses, making the human characters objectively garbage in comparison. I figure that having fun, and being able to use Celica instead of Sarah if you like her better, is more important.

I'll look into the vit/agi stuff. I can add it to the progress menu, and revamp the tooltips a bit!

Weapon stuff doesn't take attunement, only magic. The weapon traits will actually get removed next update since the weapon swapping system no longer requires them and seems to have been received positively.

FCS = Focus. I usually use three-letter abbreviations (MAG, INS, FCS, AGI) since the actual stat names vary in length and the descriptions can get pretty bloated. If that's confusing, I can reconsider it.

Ashley starts off sounding like a goof, but her camp scenes are pretty different from Sam's imo, especially when she starts opening up. Did you feel they were too similar there too, or is it more the early vibe of the progress of forest/temple, where you go from banter with Sam -> banter with Ashley? Cuz the latter is definitely something I want to improve, but I didn't think the former was an issue.

Fun fact: in my original plan for the game, MSam would end up with whichever succ you didn't go with, and the canon pairings (if MC didn't pick Ashley) would be MC/Sarah, Sam/Ashley. I ended up dropping that for a variety of reasons.

Regarding the writing in general - it's certainly a challenge to make them all sound different. I think you might be overrating my writing expertise a bit, I'm not equally adept at writing every type of characters, but trying to learn. The best I can say is that I'm trying not to replicate romance arcs or trust progressions between characters.

So, because of Lances, and honestly I thought that my crit rate felt a bit low with Air Cutter, I decided to spend some free time this morning going through all the abilities and checking them over for inconsistency in description/tooltip/effect. I'm not saying everything here is wrong, just that some things don't match. Also, I'm certainly not saying I didn't miss something.

Split into spoilers for space. Also some things are just tooltips on abilities most people wont even see, but I figured I should list them anyway.

So.. yeah. I feel a little bit bad being like, "Hey here's a big list of stuff that might be wrong." but bug fixes and such are a good thing. Just, yeah. Also, since I'm obviously mildly interested in these things, what was the problem with Metatrons Destroyer trait? I looked at it but it looked fine to me. If it's not a huge pain to explain anyway.
Thank you so much for going all those! Yeah, I've had to nerf a fair number of enemies, and some abilities. Also, most are just copy-pastes of another ability, then edited, so there are some dumb errors.

Cooldowns are now displayed in the special tooltip so I'm probably gonna remove them from the description proper.

The negative debuff is from before I changed debuffs to be positive values, fixed.

Target masteries were supposed to be a tradeoff of marking+crippling the target vs marking them while interjecting yourself. Fixed.

Displaying multihits in descriptions has been a problem for a while, and I've gone back and forth on how to display it. Do you have any thoughts on which works better? I'd like to adopt a consistent style.

Good catch on Stomp, damn that was off.

Not sure on Sear... it's not the strongest ability anyways, so 100% burn on all of them is probably fine.

Apathy is unfinished and unbuyable ingame, so it's definitely unpolished haha.

Water/Wind stuff fixed!

Also, don't apologize for any of that, it's incredibly helpful! I've had to tweak ability values enough that there are issues tht are hard to find or notice, it's super nice to get help with that!

To tl;dr the Destroyer thing; for most of the game's lifespan, quipping/unequipping traits that affected vitals, stats, or growths involved editing the character's base stats in some way. Bad coding practice, but I didn't know better, 'cuz making this game was my first experience with Python (and coding much in general).

In... 0.19 I think, I used some newfound knowledge to instead derive values WITHOUT editing the base stuff. Core stat growths from traits are unused in vanilla aside from Metatron, so while I fixed defense/res/hp growths from traits, I missed those.

I have two more things to say.
First good job with Sam. Normally I would not stand dumbasses but Sam made it to be the exception of the rule.

Second I am really curious and gratefull that you made aether and nether magic change yourself. This is something I really wish WoW would goes more into it. Now I am curious, will those two magic lock themselves later out so I have to choose between one of them or could I become an aether-nether hybrid entity?
Sam is a lovable idiot, and not actually THAT dumb, just... doesn't think things through. She's cute tho, so it's okay.

I personally really like the aesthetic of both light and dark magic, but never liked the divide between objectively good/objectively evil. So I've been having a lot of fun with Aether/Nether magic here!

To briefly summarize the corruption plans; low levels of corruption can coexist fine, since your fundamental identity as a human remains. Higher levels are generally exclusive and irreversible, especially once you pass 50% and change from 'fundamentally a human' to 'fundamentally something else,' and your existence starts trying to revert back to its new natural state (aka, ex. 100% nether corruption).

Sarah's existence suggests that there will be a hybrid aether/nether path, but figuring that out will be a bit more involved than the normal aether/nether paths.

Limit breaking your corruption from 20 to 49 will probably be in the game... soon-ish, it was planned as a 10 trust unlock with certain characters, and we're getting to that point with most of the relevant ones. That will unlock various new traits/abilities, and likely be required for higher tier Nether/Aether magic, but not yet be the super irreversible 50%+ final tier of corruption..

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
imo Focus is not that common of a RPG stat (unlike STR AGI DEX etc.) that the FCS abbreviation would be immediately understood. How about putting the abbreviations in the stats' respective tooltips?

re: Sam & Ashley
It's definitely the latter. Every companion is sufficiently distinct, and so are the content/topic/worldview in their conversations. What I'm getting at is the flow.
When Astaroth bantz with Sam, the former often fills the "smh dead pan ice cold glare don't you dare" straight man role while the other fills the "oops sorry definitely won't do it again no promises hee hee" idiot role. This dynamic is also represented when Sarah/Astaroth bantz with Ashley. It's not an accusation that the characters are identical/replaceable, but more an observation that certain tropes get over-represented. I'm sure as the plot progresses and the characters open up the phenomenon will lessen.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
imo Focus is not that common of a RPG stat (unlike STR AGI DEX etc.) that the FCS abbreviation would be immediately understood. How about putting the abbreviations in the stats' respective tooltips?

It's definitely the latter. Every companion is sufficiently distinct, and so are the content/topic/worldview in their conversations. What I'm getting at is the flow.
When Astaroth bantz with Sam, the former often fills the "smh dead pan ice cold glare don't you dare" straight man role while the other fills the "oops sorry definitely won't do it again no promises hee hee" idiot role. This dynamic is also represented when Sarah/Astaroth bantz with Ashley. It's not an accusation that the characters are identical/replaceable, but more an observation that certain tropes get over-represented. I'm sure as the plot progresses and the characters open up the phenomenon will lessen.
A lot of the start of the game is pretty rough, and I recognize that. My first time writing in the first person, the setup, everything was at the point I was most obviously an amateur at what I was trying to do, and my previous writing experience only *really* proved useful further into the temple when I got a little more into my groove.

When I redo the opening, that's definitely something I want to improve. There'll be a new character and a bit less of a transition from straight man for Sam -> straight man for Ashley, though I'm not sure exactly how it'll all go yet.

And I'll see what I can do with Focus to make it more clear.

Reactions: Fuscen

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Actually yes. The Sam at the start before you where able to decide sounded like one of the horny friends you grow up with and not like a tomboy. After comming back from this outer space thing where Metatron whas imprisoned and you meet Sarah and Ashley she turned actually into a different character. I thought it whas only because she realized her own feelings and feminine side after meeting real succubi so it is not really obvious. This pointing out made me actually realize, that when the prota says at home, that this is not Sam, it is actually true as she is then a totally different character.
The intro Sam would actually make someone believe that Sam whas planed to be a Man from the start and only later it whas decided to give an option to be a woman.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Does it, or will it, make any difference if you choose Ashley or Sarah to have sex with in the Temple scene
during the first part of the game?
I've restarted a couple times and didn't notice any difference but I could have easily missed something.

Just curious. Sometimes these things affect you way down the line in some little manner.
Or maybe it did and I didn't notice.

Thanks,
Cheers.

empty sides

Aug 22, 2018
I like the tropes, I can't get enough of just metatron and sarah wholesomeness. And just the fun of discovering your spin on how they think and feel. I really like it so far the writing is fun and enjoyable to read.

the small changes in expression that are from the text as well as body movement to describe them is book like which is great since it gives my mind something to imagine and feeds into the emotional beats a lot, very very well done.

great world building too, like can't help but get a bit invested in the world that you made, wondering how this will turn out, to be honest.

Irizin

Mar 17, 2018
Did another quick round of looking through files, this time at traits. Not nearly enough to bother with spoilers this time, though.

Shatter says 10 armor pen, Harsh Blade says 10 defence pen, Piercing Strike says ignore up to 10 defence. Same effect, three different wordings.

(agility) Evasion/Lightning Reflexes seems to do nothing, just by reading the file. I'm not sure if it has it's own place in the damage calculations somewhere, I didn't check that deep, or if it's supposed to give +10% evasion. If the later, I don't think it's doing it. Also, Evasion should probably be added to the stats page if you have traits and abilities that give it.

(magic) Vengeance says it does +15% damage if not attacked, the effect is only if you WERE attacked, and it's also just not available. It has the same traitID (and name) as Shield Vengeance, dummied out or just traitID whoopsie? Unsure, because changing the ID slightly makes it available, it hasn't been set to canbuy:false.

(unique) Ashley's Saboteur says 3% potency and actually gives 5%. I think Ash is probably the weakest party member, given her full devotion to dex, a stat that does nothing for her(yet?), so 5% is probably fine?

As for wording on multi-hit attacks, I'm not sure what would be best. I personally enjoy as much information as possible, but I know other people do not. I do however think listing the full damage scaling is a good idea. Being able to tell at a glance if the attack is 100%, 120%, 140% etc is useful for comparisons. 43% 3 times leaves the player to do the math to see if it's better than their 120% attack. Easy but unnecessary work. Sure, they can see in battle the actual damage numbers, but that's a bit of a pain.

I've finished the available content now, and the posts above me have reminded me that while I'm really enjoying the mechanics - I have been looking for a game with 'hard' mechanics where I could really build a character since like, CoC1 - I should point out that I'm really enjoying the characters and especially the world building aswell.

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Actually yes. The Sam at the start before you where able to decide sounded like one of the horny friends you grow up with and not like a tomboy. After comming back from this outer space thing where Metatron whas imprisoned and you meet Sarah and Ashley she turned actually into a different character. I thought it whas only because she realized her own feelings and feminine side after meeting real succubi so it is not really obvious. This pointing out made me actually realize, that when the prota says at home, that this is not Sam, it is actually true as she is then a totally different character.
The intro Sam would actually make someone believe that Sam whas planed to be a Man from the start and only later it whas decided to give an option to be a woman.
The idea was that both Sams act like a bro originally, but nearly losing you is what makes femsam reevaluate her feelings for you, exacerbated by the realization that you already fucked a succ and that she missed her chance to be your first. Honestly though, the pre-temple writing is pretty rough in general, probably didn't come through.

Does it, or will it, make any difference if you choose Ashley or Sarah to have sex with in the Temple scene
during the first part of the game?
I've restarted a couple times and didn't notice any difference but I could have easily missed something.

Just curious. Sometimes these things affect you way down the line in some little manner.
Or maybe it did and I didn't notice.

Thanks,
Cheers.
It gets referenced a number of times at the house and occasionally in camp, but it's not a serious plot decision. Just pick whichever appeals to you more.

I like the tropes, I can't get enough of just metatron and sarah wholesomeness. And just the fun of discovering your spin on how they think and feel. I really like it so far the writing is fun and enjoyable to read.

the small changes in expression that are from the text as well as body movement to describe them is book like which is great since it gives my mind something to imagine and feeds into the emotional beats a lot, very very well done.

great world building too, like can't help but get a bit invested in the world that you made, wondering how this will turn out, to be honest.
Thank you for your kind words! I'm really happy to hear all that is working out, I say this a lot but it's hard to tell how some scenes/ideas work without feedback. Metatron and Sarah are a pair of angels, that's for sure. I love writing them together, it's just diabetes-inducing fun.

Did another quick round of looking through files, this time at traits. Not nearly enough to bother with spoilers this time, though.

Shatter says 10 armor pen, Harsh Blade says 10 defence pen, Piercing Strike says ignore up to 10 defence. Same effect, three different wordings.

(agility) Evasion/Lightning Reflexes seems to do nothing, just by reading the file. I'm not sure if it has it's own place in the damage calculations somewhere, I didn't check that deep, or if it's supposed to give +10% evasion. If the later, I don't think it's doing it. Also, Evasion should probably be added to the stats page if you have traits and abilities that give it.

(magic) Vengeance says it does +15% damage if not attacked, the effect is only if you WERE attacked, and it's also just not available. It has the same traitID (and name) as Shield Vengeance, dummied out or just traitID whoopsie? Unsure, because changing the ID slightly makes it available, it hasn't been set to canbuy:false.

(unique) Ashley's Saboteur says 3% potency and actually gives 5%. I think Ash is probably the weakest party member, given her full devotion to dex, a stat that does nothing for her(yet?), so 5% is probably fine?

As for wording on multi-hit attacks, I'm not sure what would be best. I personally enjoy as much information as possible, but I know other people do not. I do however think listing the full damage scaling is a good idea. Being able to tell at a glance if the attack is 100%, 120%, 140% etc is useful for comparisons. 43% 3 times leaves the player to do the math to see if it's better than their 120% attack. Easy but unnecessary work. Sure, they can see in battle the actual damage numbers, but that's a bit of a pain.

I've finished the available content now, and the posts above me have reminded me that while I'm really enjoying the mechanics - I have been looking for a game with 'hard' mechanics where I could really build a character since like, CoC1 - I should point out that I'm really enjoying the characters and especially the world building aswell.
Normalized them all to "ignore X defense", thank you!

I completely forgot about evasion lol. It's actually hardcoded into the damage calculations, from back when agility only had half effectiveness against AOE. That's no longer a thing, so I'll have to revamp it.

Vengeance is supposed to be the equivalent of magic Revenge, so it's working fine, the description is just scuffed. Fixed! I'll probably re-ID the physical trait to Retribution, that sounds more shield-ey/paladin-ey anyways.

Ashley will probably get her mixed dexterity/magic martial art style this update, so I'd like to see how much stronger that makes her before any major buffs. With the number of debuffs she can put out, and her lifesteal, I think she's already deceptively strong.

On multihits... I think you're right. I might stick with something akin to "Deals 100% MAG over three hits (20%, 30%, 50%)" for those. It's a bit longer, but tells you exactly what it does, and can be important information (ex. the wind trait that gives bonus damage to successive hits wants multihit damage to be backloaded).

I completely feel you on the mechanics - I play a lot of crunchy games in general, but when it comes to adult games, the (financially wise, admittedly) focus is generally far more on the sex than mechanics. It's rare to even find a game that tries, and those are almost all focused on sex mechanics. I wanted to make a fun game first and foremost. Of course, as an amateur it wasn't as easy or flawless as I'd hoped - but a fun challenge rather than a depressing one.

I truly appreciate the amount of concrit you've offered, it's incredibly helpful to polish the game! Good concrit has always been something I've struggled to find. It's overwhelmingly gratifying to get feedback like yours that honestly tells me what's wrong/broken without being a jerk about it!

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
The thought never crossed my mind until now, but is there a tactical reason as to why the multi-hits distribute damage progressively instead of evenly (or semi-randomly for the RNG fans)? I can sorta understand in Wind Lance's case since the 100% isn't evenly distributable between the 3 hits, but what about Swift's 40/60 split?

Not suggesting that even is the best way forward in any way, just curious.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The thought never crossed my mind until now, but is there a tactical reason as to why the multi-hits distribute damage progressively instead of evenly (or semi-randomly for the RNG fans)? I can sorta understand in Wind Lance's case since the 100% isn't evenly distributable between the 3 hits, but what about Swift's 40/60 split?

Not suggesting that even is the best way forward in any way, just curious.
Wind multihit spells are mostly backloaded to work with their multihit traits and focus. Other spells are often evenly distributed or frontloaded. When I get to Zephyrmancy (next 1-2 updates), it'll have a bit more RNG due to the capriciousness of spirits, and might have randomized damage (ex. 100-140% instead of 120%).

Reactions: Fuscen

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Found an odd line in 'modest proposal' from Metatron's affection scenes.
Just after she exits stage left, furiously blushing, the protag thinks: "That... really did not go in any of the ways you expected, in you're not sure if it went better than expected words, or somewhere in between."

The 'in' seems like a fragment left over from a rewrite, 'words' seems similarly left behind and 'somewhere in between' doesn't really work as there isn't a 'worse than expected' mentioned.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Another thing, maybe it is me but whenever Sarah smiles with open mouth I get Yandere vibes off of her.
Smiling with closed mouth let me on the other hand think she actually an angel.

• Haha

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Jun 5th Weekly Update
Ended my break and got back to work this week! As usual, this was kind of my 'tech debt' week, fixing bugs, improving aspects of the code, making the UI slightly less dogshit ugly, getting some comms started, etc.

Probably the main draw would be the progress menu updates; each window is now far less arcane, with better explanations of what stats do, visual organization of available abilities, filters for types of traits and abilities, and dedicated information windows for each that replace the old shoddy tooltips.

Old players who already know how everything works will probably just appreciate that it's slightly less ugly and a bit more functional, but hopefully the improved presentation will help newer players figure out how stuff works without having to delve as deeply into transient tooltips.

Enemies now display health bars again thanks to a suggestion from Coubalt, and have special icons if they have high Defense, Mitigation, etc, along with tooltips that explain the icon and suggest abilities to counter them.

Maya art is still moving along, as Jiffic continues to be an absolute chad, holy shit she's so expressive and cute and funny it's unreal. Our troublesome ninja/thief/hero of justice can't be this cute! Just remember - the Justice Scarf(tm) stays ON during sex.

Also, Sam is getting custom battle/camp music sometime Soon(tm), and by soon I mean in the next few weeks.

Deepwoods theme, Metatron lewd CG sketch, and some Maya expressions are up on Patreon, which finally broke $300 a few days ago! Here's to a lot more irresponsible commissions lmao.

Found an odd line in 'modest proposal' from Metatron's affection scenes.
Just after she exits stage left, furiously blushing, the protag thinks: "That... really did not go in any of the ways you expected, in you're not sure if it went better than expected words, or somewhere in between."

The 'in' seems like a fragment left over from a rewrite, 'words' seems similarly left behind and 'somewhere in between' doesn't really work as there isn't a 'worse than expected' mentioned.
Thanks for the catch, fixed! Words was supposed to be worse, but Dragon loves fucking words up.
Another thing, maybe it is me but whenever Sarah smiles with open mouth I get Yandere vibes off of her.
Smiling with closed mouth let me on the other hand think she actually an angel.
That's the best part!

"which"

yes
I don't see the problem.
Correct.
I've been reading all of the Maya stuff.
She's really funny, I like her character.

Cheers All
Maya is adorable. I love her, and Jiffic has been doing a phenomenal job bringing her to life!

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes